Love Blooms in New Skyward Sword Trailer

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Ser Imp said:
Well it seems Link will be falling for Zelda in more ways than one.
Pun of the week.

OT, not to go all fan boy, but this still doesn't deliver the character models that OoT did. I know the graphics suck compared to today, but they looked real/like the gender that the character was suppose to be.
That's one thing I was disappointed with with TP, the guys looked like girl and visa-versa. Plus, Link waddled instead of walked. Hope they fix that one.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
No offense guys, but the whole thing looks way to "happy happy cute time :3" for me.
Well with everything going more realistic, more gritty, more serious a happy light hearted adventure game is needed. I can't wait for this to be released. However I wont be able to play it before Christmas anyway...

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
I love the art style. But seriously, what is up with Link's mouth?

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Not to put a fine point on it but the 'romance' isn't that much more explicit in this trailer than it was at the end of Ocarina of Time. Or between Link and every-girl-but-Zelda in Twilight Princess.

Of course if Nintendo wants to empathize the romance in their trailer, it might be there might be more further down the line they're not showing yet. But these scenes so far show not much beyond the usual romantic subtext / sexual tension in previous Zelda games.

Still, if this is the game where they stop beating around the bush and make them an official copy, I have to say it's a shame that I don't really like Zelda's new design in this new version. It's not bad, it's just... not Zelda IMHO. Maybe she pulls of another transformation into classic-zelda in act 3.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ohmygodiforgotaboutthefullorchestrasoundtrack!!!!!

Yeah, I'm excited about this game. Very much so.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Aw... How innocent and genuine... Of course, nothing will ever come to fruition in their little loveless romance besides some awkward staring in the scenes they're together.

It's been over a dozen games, and the most Link has ever gotten was a censored peck on the cheek from Zelda. And that was back in the late '80s. Link's had more romance from the female supporting characters compared to anything Zelda gave him.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
I DARE you to call
vrbtny said:
Use_Imagination_here said:
Well that certainly is intresting. Looking forward to this. Kind o-WHATS WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?
Seconded. The Faces are creepy!! The lips are just.... weird, and the eyes are just.... weird.... everything about their faces is weird!
I DARE you two to call Zelda's face creepy again! I'll drive the Master Sword through your stomachs!

OT: I for one love the art style. It feels like a "best of both worlds" thing between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, both beautiful games albeit for different reasons.

I can't wait for this game! *Running off to re-play Twilight Princess*
when it comes to character art styles, choosing the "best of both worlds" between WW and TP, is like choosing between different flavors of shit.

Ok, I'm sorry that was harsh.

But honestly, I much prefer the way link used to look in OoT and MM.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
zehydra said:
Sunrider84 said:
I DARE you to call
vrbtny said:
Well that certainly is intresting. Looking forward to this. Kind o-WHATS WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?
Seconded. The Faces are creepy!! The lips are just.... weird, and the eyes are just.... weird.... everything about their faces is weird!
I DARE you two to call Zelda's face creepy again! I'll drive the Master Sword through your stomachs!

OT: I for one love the art style. It feels like a "best of both worlds" thing between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, both beautiful games albeit for different reasons.

when it comes to character art styles, choosing the "best of both worlds" between WW and TP, is like choosing between different flavors of shit.

While Twilight Princess will not age well, I think the way it looks when you're in Twilight is amazing. (Sadly, you don't get to see it so much, because you need to use your damn "Senses" all the time.)
Wind Waker is the best looking game in the series if you ask me. Even in ten years, the cartoony style will hold up. OoT and MM on the other hand, they aged as bad as Super Mario 64. It's a pain to look at now.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
WHATS WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?
That's exactly what I was thinking! His lips are like... i dunno, construction paper or something, and everyone's nose is too big. It's just not cute. Not cute at all.

Also, I have close to zero confidence that Nintendo will make this relationship engaging independent of the overarching adventure shenanigans. But I'm willing to be surprised.

Crimsom Storm

Feb 17, 2011
This is certainly interesting, and the majority of us thought (read: were hoping) that Link was gay all this time, rather than simply The Unlaid. Apparently, he might actually get to score with this Princess. I wonder if he'll finally get to say more beyond the regular battle screams... it's hard to characterize a mute, though it can be done (Wall-E).

MissGinaKid

Mar 16, 2010
All my 13 year old fantasies being shown to me in an official Nintendo release. If my throat wasn't sore I would be fan girl squeeing right now like it was nobody's business.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
zehydra said:
Sunrider84 said:
I DARE you to call
vrbtny said:

While Twilight Princess will not age well, I think the way it looks when you're in Twilight is amazing. (Sadly, you don't get to see it so much, because you need to use your damn "Senses" all the time.)
Wind Waker is the best looking game in the series if you ask me. Even in ten years, the cartoony style will hold up. OoT and MM on the other hand, they aged as bad as Super Mario 64. It's a pain to look at now.
Yeah, I disagree. I still think they look fantastic (including Super Mario 64)

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
zehydra said:
Sunrider84 said:
zehydra said:
Sunrider84 said:
I DARE you to call
vrbtny said:

Yeah, I disagree. I still think they look fantastic (including Super Mario 64)
Fair enough. =)

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I really don't care how he looks; he'll look better once he dons his typical clothes. Zelda, however, looks a bit off to me, but only because of her new look. I need to get used to it.

But the animation is cool. And I'm glad they're finally making this relationship clear. Seriously, we have enough of poor Mario never getting any as it it; don't keep doing the same to Link.

UGHHHHH! This makes me almost want to buy a Wii! Almost! What to do?! D8

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yopaz said:
No offense guys, but the whole thing looks way to "happy happy cute time :3" for me.
Well with everything going more realistic, more gritty, more serious a happy light hearted adventure game is needed. I can't wait for this to be released. However I wont be able to play it before Christmas anyway...
Yeah, couldnt knock you for that. I, too, am craving for something a little different, but the whole style and message with Zelda just doesnt appeal to me.

Im still not going to insult or bash anyone that does like it though.
I third that (Get it?). Like Yahtzee said, FPS Season is starting and an avalance of M rated games is on its way. This game will not only be refreshing but it might be the most awesome game Nintendo has released this year (OoT was a re-re-release; doesn't count).

I am so tempted to go reserve the Special Edition right now even if I don't have a Wii. :/

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Dear Nintendo,

The character designs in Wind Waker worked (to the extent they did) because you went for broke on those designs. Going halfway between there and another character design puts you so deep in the Uncanny Valley you're going to need climbing equipment to get out (or to put it simpler: halfway between looks weird).

Other than that looks, good. Giving Link a stake in the fight might actually help you be more story oriented (I've never really bought the Mario/Peach thing, but that's another discussion entirely).

Sincerely,

Elessar

Travza

May 18, 2011
Sunrider84 said:
Kashif Omer said:
Sunrider84 said:
VincentX3 said:
Sunrider84 said:
ZeroMachine said:
Zelda's face looks creepy in this trailer.

So does Link's.

BRING IT.
Your days are numbered, my friend. Use them well.
Links face does look very very odd though..
I miss the cute little Link from OoT :(
I actually don't think it looks odd. I don't really miss the OoT design. What I do miss is the adorable Link and his little sister from Wind Waker. WW is the best looking Zelda game, and I don't even mean "for its time". It looks far better than Twilight Princess.
To be honest, I think Wind Waker is a better game than Ocarina of Time.
Oh, and.... *coughmajorasmasksuckscough*
Lets make this a double suicide, wind waker was my favorite 3d game and minish cap is better than link to the past
I never played A Link to the Past. Shoot me, oldschoolers! (I played the NES games when they were new though, so IN YO FACES)
I'm inclined to agree...the faces in this trailer were off-putting. I personally have no grudge against any of the Legend of Zelda titles. Each title provided an experience of a certain flare, and whether or not one is preferred over another really doesn't matter to me. Discussion of which title is better is always influenced by numerous psychological conditioning patterns and biological predispositions that leads an individual to their opinion of preferential aesthetic choice. I would, however, like to state that I don't think the more cartoon eqsue style of Wind Waker should ever be mixed with anything more realistic in nature, otherwise we cross into the uncanny valley, as was done in this trailer.