Love Blooms in New Skyward Sword Trailer

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
I generally like the art style (it's like Cezanne in a video game!), but I don't like Zelda (the character)'s design. Ugly hairstyle (bangs, ugh) and the angle of her eyes make her look sad all the time.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Syringe.
Seriously, they don't need Botox. They're all like 16.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Neat, Nintendo's caught on to something game devs have been doing for years and is now giving their primary characters the rudiments of personality =D

Soon, we might actually get voices (well MP3 had voices but the dialogue was kinda weak in some places...a lot of places)

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Gotta give them credit for the effort *shrugs*. Nintendo really seems to be trying with this one.

You really don't deserve it, but I think you've earned a pre-order.

Zetsubou^-^

Mar 1, 2011
i have to agree that something about their faces' lips looks off, like its too dark or too pronounced. i doubt it would be a large detractor though. it was probably done for more expression or something.

OT: Zelda games (or at least its fans) have always hinted at/fan-fictioned relationships.
before this i would say the closest Link got to one was Ilia in twilight princess.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not, but Link is the type of character that's written as appealing to women, but never acts on it. to his credit, i think its part of that truehearted hero archetype that does it because its right, not for self gain.

that said, I'm not opposed to him having a more meaningful relationship than the normal vaguely implied ties or the family one in windwaker. which i kinda miss now that i think of it. the only other one with any revealed family is link to the past, where he had a nameless uncle for 1 minute of play time. and one bed in the house...yeah... >_>

GroovyV

Feb 23, 2011
So far, i like the way the art style is (except for that horrendous Leather-face look they gave Link), and i'm not even gonna mention (after this) the way the villain looks, and the fact there is some actual romance this time around sounds nice. That scene were Z gets all in Link's grill was cute.

Riku'sTwilight

Dec 21, 2009
Th37thTrump3t said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
VincentX3 said:
And here I thought Zelda was a lesbian...

<.<
¬_¬...

Stop staring...
She could always be bi...
Bi is great. It just means she likes what I like and I also have a chance. Why aren't there more bi girls in the world.

OT (and slightly less creepy): Resolution could use some work, but it looks like a deep game so i might pick it up.
There are LOADS of bi girls out there. I know plenty, go out more and start being friends with more (lesbian) girls, you'll start to know a lot more.

OT: I love the art style, people on this thread have said 'inbetween' I say 'best of both'. Wind Waker's art style was amazing, and I liked the more grown up version of Link in Twilight Princess so having the bright, colourful world and characters mixed in with grown up characters is all well and good and as for what people have said about "it's hard to imagine evil in such a bright and colourful world" - did you not play Wind Waker? They had plenty of darkness and evil in the world, and the fortress where you had to sneak around in was one of the best places in WW for me.

Aaand as for everyone commenting on Link and Zelda's faces... Who cares? You won't be looking at Link's face for 90% of the game anyway, we're not going to be playing a movie.

Also for the voices thing - no no no! Just because we're getting into a more advanced gaming culture, still doesn't mean everything has to be voiced for all those people who can't be bothered to read out there. Imagine how hard a task it would be to be able to find the perfect voice for Zelda? and what would happen if it wasn't what fans were expecting? Everyone would hate it and it would be a catastrophic failure for the series.

Leave them as little voice samples here and there and let us fill in the blanks!

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Characterisation? Heresy!

I really want this game though. The art style does seem to be rather polarising, but I like it.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Use_Imagination_here said:
Well that certainly is intresting. Looking forward to this. Kind o-WHATS WRONG WITH HIS FACE!?
I dont know. Its is definately not of this earth. Jesus is that thing male or female. And zeldas nose? Eugh. Just eugh. This made me laugh though. I read this comment the second it showed a close up of links face. I shuddered.

Other than the creepy as hell art style this looks to be ok.

For.I.Am.Mad said:
Zelda needs a nose job.
This.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Look, I think subtly in love stories is the best way to do them but... UNTIL I HEAR WEDDING BELLS I REFUSE TO BELIEVE NINTENDO IS ANYTHING BUT A COCK TEASE!!!

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

And I honestly think the graphics are fine. I always liked colorful, cartoony visuals like this and Wind Waker as opposed to the brown, muddy visuals of OoT and Twilight Princess.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
This art style is ugly.

I honestly am sick loz and this art style has almost confirmed that im not getting. Nintendo is that seriously the best you got? Windwaker looked so much better than this. Twilight princess and majora's mask are still the best looking lozs.

The romance was a no brainer so im not surprised. They are trying to revive interest in an already canabalized corpse. Loz has been a great series but it needs to be put down and another series with different kinds of characters and plotlines to take its place.

Clonekiller

Dec 7, 2010
Link's saved her how many times now? If you ask me, it's about freaking time. Still, it's a Legend of Zelda game, which means Nintendo will find some way to make sure Link doesn't have a happy ending. (Ever notice that? All Link ever gets is the ending of a tragic hero)