Love Thy Neighbor's Epic Loot in This Castle-Raiding Game

charge52

Apr 29, 2012
Nikolaz72 said:
charge52 said:
octafish said:
charge52 said:
nikki191 said:
The trailer was engaging, to the point and amusing. It would be something I would purchase until I discovered it is being released by Ubisoft.
octafish said:
That looked really promising until the last paragraph of the article. Ubisoft? Uplay? Fuck off.
SupahGamuh said:
The game looks quite interesting enough... but Ubisoft?, NO thank you.
So what your saying is, rather than play a game you are interested in, for free, you are going to boycott it because you don't like the developer. Which could send the message that people don't want developers making interesting games, and encourage more boring shooters or inevitable Assassin's Creed spin offs that beat the horse to death, revive it, and beat it to death again. Way to act like mature and sensible adults.
Life is too short to deal with Ubisoft or GFWL. Why torture yourself?
Ubisoft has dropped it's Draconian DRM policy, and no where is it stated that the game requires GFWL. I can see no way that there is any evidence that it would be torture to play a game you are interested in.
I'd rather pay 20$ for a game and not have to pay 5$ per item or 10$ to unlock certain gameplay features. F2P is just sorta iffy for me, apart from a select few games it has not brought me much good enjoyment in the past.

As seen in the gameplay video, theres gold coins to buy the normal stuff. And then theres the supercoins to buy the fun stuff.
What free to play games have you played where you spend money for every in game item? Also, which ones have you played where you have to spend money to unlock game play features? Also, the game play video shows a grand total of about, 2, items that you need green coins to purchase, and since they didn't attempt to purchase them, you don't even know if you can only buy them with special coins, or if it's just cheaper. All free to play games have some items that can either be bought cheaper or earlier than allowed with real money, it's how the games make a profit, if they didn't then there would be no free to play games. And before you try to say that Ubisoft can afford not to, no they can't, because they make enough profit on their other games to pay the people who work on them, and to fund other projects. Not to pay the people who work on the games, fund new projects, and pay the people who work on the new project.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
FlameAx said:
found some gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrybWxdpvys
That actually looks pretty cool. Like a mix of Diablo III and... something else. I'm tempted to say Dungeon Keeper but that doesn't really fit. Seems more like Rock of Ages.

Hopefully I'll have a half-way decent computer by the time this comes out.