Lucas Gives In To Dark Side, Crafts Episode 1 Burgers

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Is that marshmallow in the jedi burger?

What next? Lucas will be editing in those burgers into the French version of the movie?

tsk tsk..

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Versuvius said:
Dark Vador? Isn't it supposed to be Darth Vader...because..well. That is his name!
yeah apparently someone in French misspelled.... AGAIN.

Feb 13, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
IT'S A TRAP!
Those things will give you Kessel Runs in less than twelve parsecs!
Honestly? I couldn't do a better post than that.

So here's the obligatory gif.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Why is it so bad that Star Wars gets some burger action to promote its cinema showings, yet films like Transformers are perfectly fine doing the same thing?
I think you'll find that Star Wars and Transformer hate are quite evenly balanced on this.

I mean, far be it from me to have a Darth Vader burger when he's still Anakin in Episode 1. I guess the Anakin burger would just be pureed and served with whine though.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
SoulSalmon said:
I... kinda want to know how that black bun is black...
I mean what could they possibly use that wouldn't kill the taste or make the one who eats it ill?

Food coloring in the yeast most likely. It looks kinda...good. I would try it. It reminds me of the blackjack taco from Taco Bell.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
IT'S A TRAP!
Those things will give you Kessel Runs in less than twelve parsecs!

My internets, take all of them. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a good while. I thank you.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I sense a disturbance in the Force...It's as if a million voices cried out...
*clears throat*
All I can really say is Ewww...

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009

OT: am i the only one who thinks the black one looks kinda tasty? still this is so stupid it hurts.

DarkTenka

Apr 7, 2010
C'mon guys be honest ... you arent the least bit curious what a "black bun" tastes like? I'd eat this .. both of em, at least once to try it out then take it from there.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Kalezian said:
the difference is back when the first films were released, EVERYTHING had a pez dispenser, I would be shocked if there wasn't a pez dispenser pez dispenser!

And it was okay, the original merchandising was actually pretty cool, but ever since Episode 1 its been slowly running around the drain.

IT isn't as much as fans of the movies hating the merchandising, its more that we hated how Lucas had to explain everything about how the force worked, how Vader wasn't a cold bad-ass but instead missed his mommy, and how the Emperor came to power.

Seriously, Fuck you Jar-Jar.

This....This is something you would expect from the seasons next big blockbuster movie of the month.
And funnily enough, the Phantom Menace is being re-released in cinemas. Why is it so bad that Star Wars gets some burger action to promote its cinema showings, yet films like Transformers are perfectly fine doing the same thing?
I agree with this.

Not that the burger doesn't look poisonous, because it does, but this isn't really anything new. A lot of kids movies get this sort of shameless outselling (is that even a word?) tie-in merchandising, but whenever it concerns Star Wars, it's like people have never seen a tie-in burger before. Hell, I remember the battle droid shaped ice cream they sold back when The Phantom Menace was originally released, the only difference was that it tasted pretty good (or was at the very least edible), but it's not like this is a worse sell out.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
The Virgo said:
... What in the name of God is the deal with that left burger? I mean, who would eat a black bun? And the right one looks just too plain unappetizing to eat. Those white things at the top make it looks like it has teeth. Lucas, what were you thinking?
In Soviet Naboo, burger eats you!

The Virgo said:
Regarding Episode One, though: Say what you want about it, but it did give us Duel of the Fates.

You have to give credit where credit where credit's due.
That's because, unlike George Lucas, John Williams is always awesome.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Ok, generally if I see a black bun, I'd think it was mouldy....which is a perfect metaphor for the star wars series of recent.

Plus, Jedi bathrobes are not weird merchandise, they are comfy and warm and big and cool and deserve defending on the internet!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
rolfwesselius said:
What next lucas Lightsaber dildo's
seriously you keep raping the franchise
No need, the regular lightsabre toys do a good enough job as it is.

OT: A major film does a deal with a fast-food chain so as to incentivise increased consumer consumption for both parties?! THIS IS FUCKING MADNESS THAT HAS NEVER BEEN HEARD OF!

CUT OFF HIS BEARD! CUT OFF HIS BALLS!

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
vansau said:
nobody in their right mind should be even remotely excited about Lucasfilm's upcoming re-release of The Phantom Menace,
Why not? its a pretty good film. And Space battles will probably be one of the coolest uses of 3D so far.

OT: Burgers look horrible... I'd rather eat a lightsaber

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I'm not really sure what you're talking about in regards to all of the burgers looking gross. They look fine, normal and burger like. The exception is just obvious one, the black bun.