Lucas is Coming to Smash Bros. 4

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Insert some actual novelty - like Ridley or the aforementioned Rundas - and then we'll talk, Nintendo.

Slegiar Dryke

Dec 10, 2013
GodzillaGuy92 said:
Insert some actual novelty - like Ridley or the aforementioned Rundas - and then we'll talk, Nintendo.
technically Ridley is already in the game, as a stage boss, and nintendo has already commented that they felt he was too big to make a playable character, because if they did make him one, he'd have to be shrunk down, which would reduce the awesome factor or something to that effect.

still, I'll add to the hat as well of people who would go for one of the non-samus hunters =)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Using three different computers, I voted for Serperior the Pokemon, Isaac from Golden Sun, and...Chrom, because I wanted to send a message. He deserved better!!!

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Hero of Lime said:
Isaac from Golden Sun
Isaac got my vote, not only is he from an underrepresented Nintendo series, his psyenergy could make for a really interesting moveset. I'd also be okay with Felix or really any character from that series, Isaac is just the most likely.

As much as I would love to see Chrom we already have Ike, Marth and Lucina and you can only have so many blue haired, sword swinging, Fire Emblem main characters.

Edit: Who am I kidding, throw Chrom in there, he can even just be a color swap of somebody else ala Bowser Jr, or Villager style. I want to see him, Marth, Lucina and Robin all fighting together.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Eclipse Dragon said:
Hero of Lime said:
Isaac from Golden Sun
Isaac got my vote, not only is he from an underrepresented Nintendo series, his psyenergy could make for a really interesting moveset. I'd also be okay with Felix or really any character from that series, Isaac is just the most likely.

As much as I would love to see Chrom we already have Ike, Marth and Lucina and you can only have so many blue haired, sword swinging, Fire Emblem main characters.

Edit: Who am I kidding, throw Chrom in there, he can even just be a color swap of somebody else ala Bowser Jr, or Villager style. I want to see him, Marth, Lucina and Robin all fighting together.
Isaac is definitely my main choice for the ballot. Going to your point about color swaps, that would be good enough for me to get Chrom as a swap of Lucina/Marth or even Ike. I feel like there is so much potential in using costume swaps to make more playable characters out of existing ones.

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
Hero of Lime said:
Isaac from Golden Sun

Third vote for Isaac in here. It saddened me greatly that he was an assist trophy in Brawl, but didn't even reprise that role in Smash 4. Like I said in my ballot, his being in Smash could help boost interest in Golden Sun like Marth/Roy did for Fire Emblem.

And the problem with Chrom as a character is, IIRC, he's a part of Robin's Final Smash. Not sure that having him would work from a thematic feel.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
It's a good thing that you can eventually buy Mewtwo without having to own both Smash Bros. I might pick him up.

Lucas is kind of odd in this game. I don't really like Ness anyways, nor do I like Earthbound/Mother. So I think I'll pass on him.

Cast my ballot for Banjo & Kazooie. It's a long shot, yes, but I love those two to death, and them being in Smash would be awesome. In honesty I'm expecting Simon Belmont, Solid Snake and Bayonetta to be the serious contenders for this though.
I VOTED THE SAME THING :O. I hope we get Banjo Kazooie they would make a amazing addition!!!

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Hm, they don't look as fun to play as their Project M counterparts.

Oh well, good effort, Nintendo.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
I prefer Lucas over Ness by a good ammount, he was one of my favourite characters from Brwal, this makes me happy.

I wonder, since Splatoon is a new IP, if a character from it can appear as DLC in the game later too.
That would be really cool actually.

Razhem

Sep 9, 2008
This is bloody awesome!

Voted for K Rool and for Masked Man from Mother 3, we need more villains!

lassiie

May 26, 2013
Seriously....how is Bayonetta not in Smash yet, as it is now a Nintendo exclusive??????????????????????????

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Supahewok said:
VinLAURiA said:
Davroth said:
If this turns out to be a joke, I'll be heartbroken. His exclusion from Smash 4 was my biggest grievance with the game. He was my main in Smash 3.
Why's everyone been calling Brawl "Smash 3" in retrospect? I've been noticing that on multiple websites.
Because unlike Brawl or Melee, there's no *real* way to refer Smash 4's name other than calling it Smash 4. (I would've preferred "Smash Bros: Fisticuffs" but apparently Nintendo executed their entire marketing department and replaced them with a beagle.) Calling Brawl "Smash 3" is just naturally conforming with the new pattern we're forced into.
Smash 64.
Smash melee.
Smash Brawl.
Smash Rumble. (WiiU/3DS)
Smash Beatdown.
Smash Smackdown.
What's the point of voting? They provided some dumb reasons to definitively say we won't get Ridley, and Dark Samus is an assist trophy already.
As for things that won't take effort to put in: Chrom as an alternate skin for Lucina. Actual Robin. (Beefy build, brown hair)