LucasArts Says Star Wars Galaxies Isn't Going Anywhere

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
Malygris said:
He added that LucasArts has learned many lessons from its experience with Galaxies, particularly with regards to what players want from a Star Wars game. "We've learned how important it is to listen to your community and act on that feedback," he said. "We also realized what players expect from an online Star Wars game - they expect to be that iconic Star Wars hero as soon as possible. They don't want to play for hundreds of hours just to become a Jedi." As a result, unlike Star Wars Galaxies, players in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be able to begin the game as a full-fledged Jedi or Sith.
NO.

That's not what we want at all! That's one of the main reason you lost subscriptions when you changed SWG you dumb f*cks!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Theo Samaritan said:
Malygris said:
He added that LucasArts has learned many lessons from its experience with Galaxies, particularly with regards to what players want from a Star Wars game. "We've learned how important it is to listen to your community and act on that feedback," he said. "We also realized what players expect from an online Star Wars game - they expect to be that iconic Star Wars hero as soon as possible. They don't want to play for hundreds of hours just to become a Jedi." As a result, unlike Star Wars Galaxies, players in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be able to begin the game as a full-fledged Jedi or Sith.
NO.

That's not what we want at all! That's one of the main reason you lost subscriptions when you changed SWG you dumb f*cks!
Well my hopes Bioware could pull this out of the fire have gone up in smoke..

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
Star Wars Galaxies was fucking fantastic upon release, but then the NGE came and fucked everything up.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
All I need is:
A bounty hunter avatar.
A ship that can get me to Naboo.
Different ways to torture a Gungan.

Make that game and I will happily buy it.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
good, no moar star wars

Lucas is doing what Ninento (i might of possibly spelt that wrong) is doing, and they already bastardized mario, link, and samus although she doesn't have as many games as the other two

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Actually, what I want is a real sequel to KOTOR 2. A well written, finished, single player RPG with character development and interesting NPCs. Not some cartoonish MMO where everyone is a jedi.

digitalman

Jun 9, 2009
Everyone's said it already, but I'll say it again. They totally got it wrong. We made original characters, wrote our own story, had our own adventures. the grind was miserable, but we carved our own sense of self. the Jedi and Sith (um, they're mostly extinct supposidally) were the thing of talk and rumor.)

When they caved to the few people whining on the forums and made it possible to be a Jedi, that was fine. They were crazy powerful, just as they should be, but they were a sort of prestige class. The path of a Jedi was never easy, and it definitally wasn't easy here. But damn could you clean house. =)

Then they redid everything. Suddenly you had Jedi everywhere, everyone was some "savior" rescued in the same op by Han Solo and Co. Must make you feel really special when you're running around a room with a thousand other people hacking away at things with lightsabers while Han is repeating over and over again to a line of n00bs "You're the one who will save the Republic!" or some nonsense.

The Old Republic era can do much to correct this alone, but if they're going to have Jedi classes running alongside joe-schmo pistol characters, then they'll be stamping a big "mediocre" label over the whole class, and they'll be right back where they started with: a half-baked mmo that follows the lore and mythos in title only.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
I thought LA were considering dropping support for the game, since SOE run it and fudged it up royally with the game engine, watch the subscriptions dwindle down to nothing when TOR hits the shelves.