Lucasfilm Confirms Release Dates for Star Wars Episode IX and Indiana Jones 5

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Lucasfilm Confirms Release Dates for Star Wars Episode IX and Indiana Jones 5

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1400/1400871.jpgThe release dates for the Star Wars Episode IX and the next Indiana Jones films have been made official by Lucasfilm.

Lucasfilm has surprised many by announcing the official release dates for not only Star Wars Episode IX, but the next Indiana Jones movie as well.

We've already heard some bits and piece of information about Episode IX. It was originally thought that the late clarified as false [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170025-Star-Wars-Episode-IX-Will-Feature-Carrie-Fisher-Not-as-CGI]. It will be directed by Colin Trevorrow and will break from the recent movies by not appearing in theaters in the month of December. Instead, it will be released on May 24, 2019. We don't yet know what its subtitle will be, but Lucasfilm has said that it will "close out the third Star Wars trilogy."

As to the next Indiana Jones movie, we already know that script will be penned by David Koepp [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166848-Disney-Announces-Indiana-Jones-5-With-Harrison-Ford-Coming-July-19-2019], co-writer for Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. Steven Spielberg will be directing. While Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios, had previously said that the company couldn't wait to, "bring him[Jones] back to the screen in 2019," today's announcement reveals that our wait will be just a bit longer. The fifth Indiana Jones film will launch on July 10, 2020.

If you can't wait that long to get your Star Wars fix, you can look forward to The Last Jedi [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170105-Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Teaser-Trailer] this December.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Indian Jones? Indian Jones??

Oh Boy, now that's a sequel I can get behind. It'll be the Bollywood reboot we never knew we needed.

Wait does that mean this guy was Jones all along?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Squilookle said:

If he was, that would be one of the shortest runs in history. Also, isn't he Arabic?

Or maybe the spin-off can take place before Raiders.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Squilookle said:
Indian Jones? Indian Jones??

Oh Boy, now that's a sequel I can get behind. It'll be the Bollywood reboot we never knew we needed.

This really makes me want to not correct the typo, because I would watch the shit out of that.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
"We already know that Harrison Ford will be returning to the role he made famous"

It was ridiculous already in 2008, do they think that an Indiana Jones 12 years older than that will somehow be better?!

If there is one franchise that I would 100% prefer it got the James Bond treatment with a new actor doing its own take on the role, it would be this one.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Gibbagobba said:
Whatever happened to "I'm done with this series! It was great, let's walk away!", Steven?
Lucasfilm probably pulled up to his house with a dump truck full of money.

Really if they have to do another Indiana Jones movie they should probably give it the dreaded reboot treatment. Watching old man Jones wasn't very good a decade ago, it'll be even worse now.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Hawki said:
Squilookle said:

If he was, that would be one of the shortest runs in history. Also, isn't he Arabic?

Or maybe the spin-off can take place before Raiders.
My bad- I think you're right. For some reason I was thinking Sword Guy was in Temple of Doom.

ffronw said:
This really makes me want to not correct the typo, because I would watch the shit out of that.
You're not the only one. It looks like a few have already wondered what could have been...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Indiana Jones: That belongs in a museum!
Bad Guy: So do you! Seriously, you're like 70 now? Shouldn't you be watching Wheel of Fortune marathons and complaining that your kids don't call?
Indiana Jones: My son is Shia LeBeouf.
Bad Guy: Wow, just, wow. Here, just... take the artifact.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Its no wonder Joseph Joestar lived so long with his older look being based on Indiana Jones he was ensured to stay alive forever