Lucasfilm Files Star Wars: First Assault Trademark

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Meh ... For some reason I doubt it's gonna be an old series revived ... It's either a sequel to something recent, or something entirely new.

And with the Captcha reading "bullet train", I'm out of captcha-based puns.

Andy Chalk said:
EPISODE 1 RACER SEQUEL!!!

Seriously, if it was TIE Fighter 2 I'd come over to each and every one of your houses and throw money at your screens. I just don't see it happening. Which isn't to say that it can't be cool anyway (although I may have suggested just that) but... man, I'd love a proper X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.
I'll remember that, Rumpanion!

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Here's hoping for something like Battlefront or Republic Commando, maybe set in the Old Republic

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Quazimofo said:
Konaerix said:
Baldry said:
Sounds like something the could go with Republic Commando. The name fits there perfectly "Republic Commando: First Assault". That said I guess the first game was the first assault...So maybe never mind.
How about Imperial Commando: First Assault?

Damn, that would be awesome!
it certainly could be, but it unfortunately brings up memories of that unfinished republic commando book series, which kind of pisses me off because the only reason it wasn't finished was because they ret-conned all of mandalore into pacifists
This. Karen Traviss' series already established what happened to Delta Squad after the events of the game up until some time just after the establishment of the Empire. However, as the gentleman I am quoting said, that new animated Clone Wars series retconned the Mandalorians which went against all the lore Traviss had created for them in that series. And cause that idiotic bumbling, moron who happens to be in control of the entire franchise calls the shots on what's canon, the entire series was erased from the lore.

OT: Hoping for BF3/4, but that's just wishful thinking. It's probably just going to be some shitty spinoff for the DS, a motion control game or something. I lost faith in that company a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away).

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Rogue 09 said:
Therumancer said:
If I had to make a wild guess the image "First Assault" brings to mind is the Bothans stealing the plans for the original Death Star. It could be a game based around that little piece of the lore, which would be easy to do as the victory would be giving the plans to Princess Leia, with us all knowing how it proceeds from there when her ship launches.
I don't mean to nerd out on you, but the Bothans were the second Death Star, not the first.

I also have a memory of an "arena-esque" Star Wars game where you picked a character/vehicle and went around trying to kill everybody. I'm pretty sure it was for the PS1, so... yeah, it kind of sucked.
I think it was "Star Wars: Demolition", and it was a Twisted Metal clone if I recall. That said your probably right about the Bothans, I confess I like Star Wars, but don't remember all thd details. That said, stealing the plans was what came to mind. Time will tell what's going to happen.