Lucasfilm Files Star Wars: First Assault Trademark

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EPISODE 1 RACER SEQUEL!!!

Seriously, if it was TIE Fighter 2 I'd come over to each and every one of your houses and throw money at your screens. I just don't see it happening. Which isn't to say that it can't be cool anyway (although I may have suggested just that) but... man, I'd love a proper X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
if we're not gonna be getting Battlefront 3 or Republic (Imperial) Commandos (2), then how about sayyyy ports of some games from the last generation? okay maybe the ones on the Xbox and PS2 weren't superb, but man all the Rogue Squadron games :D

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Andy Chalk said:

I still think if it's a continuation of any already existing game they have it'd be republic commando, I'd bet money I'm so certain of this fact.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Andy Chalk said:

Seriously, if it was TIE Fighter 2 I'd come over to each and every one of your houses and throw money at your screens. I just don't see it happening. Which isn't to say that it can't be cool anyway (although I may have suggested just that) but... man, I'd love a proper X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.
Well, Episode 1 Racer was the best thing to come out of Phantom Menace. Except for The Abyss. Fuck that racetrack.

As for Tie Fighter 2, where would it be set?

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
Pedro The Hutt said:
crazyrabbits said:
First thing I thought of was "Rebel Assault sequel?"
I was more thinking a Rebel Assault prequel. But I can't imagine there still be being much of a market for on-rail shooters that aren't called Star Fox.
Indeed. I will say that most of the SW games that have incorporated live-action elements (Assault, Jedi Knight 2) have always been pretty solid installments. I'd love to see a Rebel Assault that's set during the Thrawn Saga, Dark Empire or the Yuuzhan Vong War arcs.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
What it isn't, alas, is TIE Fighter 2
Are you sure? Have they said outright it isn't a new Space Sim set in the Civil War? I mean, how can we be absolutely sure it isn't TIE Fighter 2 unless they say so? Since they haven't specifically said it isn't, that means... it could be a TIE Fighter 2...

Right? I mean, TIE Fighter needs to come back. Needs to come back. Seriously, fuck a Republic Commando sequel.

TIE Fighter/X-Wing remake/sequel, Battlefront 3, or nothing.

crazyrabbits said:
First thing I thought of was "Rebel Assault sequel?"
There was a sequel, imaginatively called Rebel Assault 2, and it was every bit as horrible and restrictive as the first.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Here's an idea LucasArts, how about making a game that isn't Star Wars for once? You used to do that a long time ago, remember? Those were good days...

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
EHKOS said:
It's prolly that bounty hunter game with the numbered name. The name of numbers interests me but then again, I'm a hopeless Star Wars fan.
Nope, that's Star Wars 1313 and that's its final name.

Whatever this is, I'm interested!

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
They could also try to make an actual movie with real actors, played out on actual sets without bluescreening everything and a plot that has nothing to do with the prequels. Let's make a movie like that. Maybe set around the KoToR or Great Hyperspace War eras.

But no. That would make way too much money. LETS GO MAKE SOME SHITTY EMO-MOVIES AND STAR WARS CALL OF DUTY CLONES.

Oh wait.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I bet it's going to be TIE Fighter Battlefront: Unleashed. Star Killer nabs himself a TIE Interceptor and goes around dismantling the Empire one fighter-class ship at a time! :p

Seriously though, as much as I'd love a BF 3 game, wasn't there an article about how LucasArts was intentionally sabotaging the game when it actually WAS in developement? I mean come on people, this is a company with the word LUCAS in it.......why the hell are you allowing yourselves to get so hyped up over this? Deep down, in your heart of hearts, the midichlorians are telling you two things:

1: Whatever they have intended is going to be a festering pile of crap.
2: The first time someone said the word "midichlorians" in Episode 1 was when Star Wars officially died.

:p

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Konaerix said:
Baldry said:
Sounds like something the could go with Republic Commando. The name fits there perfectly "Republic Commando: First Assault". That said I guess the first game was the first assault...So maybe never mind.
How about Imperial Commando: First Assault?

Damn, that would be awesome!
it certainly could be, but it unfortunately brings up memories of that unfinished republic commando book series, which kind of pisses me off because the only reason it wasn't finished was because they ret-conned all of mandalore into pacifists

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Ooh... maybe it's a Dark Forces revamp... more 1st person jedi action!? :p

Actually... why not!? That would be awesome for a new SW FPS!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
>Saw Starwars Battlefront picture...got excited

>Reads title, gets upset :(

OT: I hope to god it's something to do with Battlefront or Republic Commando.

Craazhy

Tic-Tock and Crash
Aug 22, 2009
If it isn't Battlefront 3 or Republic Commando 2 THEN I DON'T CARE GEORGE LUCAS.

DO YOU HEAR ME?! I DON'T CARE!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, welll to be honest the only thing that would really get me excited would be another grand scale MMO in the spirit of "Star Wars Galaxies", "The Old Republic", despite my belief that it would be a great one, just didn't do it for me, it did far too many things wrong and after beta they just compounded to the point where I was one of the people who left (a couple months ago none the less). I was never a huge fan of TIE Fighter (though it was okay, I was more of a Wing Commander fan in the same era), and to me Battlefront was always kind of "meh" and seemed fairly pointless since I never got much satisfaction from "winning" for whatver reason.

That said, the way how things look now is that it's going to be an entirely new franchise. The way the game industry is now, they wouldn't hesitate to pop a new number onto an established series/franchise even if it was a totally differant game... you know turning
"Tie Fighter 2" into a top down bullet hell shooter and claiming it's the same series. That's what they would do if this was even remotely similar to another property, so I'm guessing this is going to be something they haven't visited before.

If I had to make a wild guess the image "First Assault" brings to mind is the Bothans stealing the plans for the original Death Star. It could be a game based around that little piece of the lore, which would be easy to do as the victory would be giving the plans to Princess Leia, with us all knowing how it proceeds from there when her ship launches.

As primarily an RPG player, "assault" doesn't really make me think this game will hold much interest for me, the name suggests one of a number of types of games I generally don't play.

Oh and while this is rambling, I had another thought: One thing Lucasarts hasn't done is created a competitive "arena" game yet, unless you could Battlefront. With things like League Of Legends being so successful, and the apperance of knock offs based on franchises like Lord Of The Rings, this COULD potentially be the Star Wars version of it where teams of iconic characters square off LoL style using science fantasy themed abillities on star wars looking maps (mow down Storm or Rebel troopers instead of orcs, etc..). If they were being clever about it and did want to revisit the FPS/TPS arena they might be doing a Team Fortress 2 clone, since really it and Tribes are the only ones playing that game and it's a less glutted arena. Given that people forecast that LoL clones are a liscence to print money, LoL surpassed WoW, and we see so many of them out there, it's not surprising Lucas is bandwagoning, and jumping into the pig pile, he pretty much seems dedicated to ensuring there is a Star Wars version of pretty much anything out there you can conceive of, we've even seen Star Wars fighting games (Masters Of Teras Kasi). Sadly we haven't seen more single player RPGs because Star Wars actually worked pretty well for that, more so than some of the other things that's been done with it.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I'm always hopeful when I hear of another Star Wars title. When they're good, I love them. Unfortunately, so few good ones came out in the past few years...

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Fuck NDA's, I may or may not know some one working on this game right now. It originally started off as Battlefront 3 but it didn't get a lot of money and had way less features then the last game so they renamed it and basically made it Star Wars Call of Duty.