LucasFilms Confirms adding "NOOOOOO!" to Return of the Jedi

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Well that's shit. That scene was awesome just because no words needed to be said. And now it's cheesey!

But I guess now "nooo!" serves as 'Darth Vader's' first words and last words....

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
I dont want to be that guy... But I didn't mind it. Actually I quite enjoyed it. It adds something to Vader like that chap said before about the images being portrayed in his mind. Instead of him looking like a slight psycopath it shows him fighting his internal struggle and finally winning. I think its a good scene...

However George I swear to God I will take it all back and forever hate you if change the scene when he takes his helmet off at the end of ep 6. if Hayden christensens head is under that helmet I will kick you in the balls so hard your testicles explode out of your ears.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Why? Why???? WHYYYYYY?????
Curse you, George Lucas, stop messing with something that was perfect to begin with.....
Han shot first.
There was no Hayden at the end of Return of the Jedi.

*faceuniverse*

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Greg Tito said:
For the upcoming Blu-Ray release of the Star Wars films, George Lucas has shat upon his own work - again.
My feelings condensed into text and some forum macros, I think there was another change, where Obi-Wans Krayt Dragon call gets edited.

This one's at the end.

And finally, the most disgraceful one..

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
At the rate he is going next he will be digitally inserting Hayden's face onto Vader's when Luke takes off his mask at the end. At which point I will burn every single piece of Star Wars related merchandise I own a funeral pyre in my yard. Rest in peace Star Wars.... rest in peace

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
im one of the rare people who liked both original trilogy and the prequels (though they aren't really prequels) but this is just rambling of an old George who is obviously by now into progressive delusions.
then agian his delusions is already showing in Labirinth so.

Jun 11, 2008
This is coming from someone who has seen Greedo shooting first the first time around and various other changes but this just doesn't make sense. I know the rage might seem a bit much but what does this actually add to the scene? Does it really add anything? I will say this now as well I did also like the prequels(although I understand how it ruined the magic so don't quote me saying how it ruined the series if it is that big of deal think of it as non-canon which is what I do for midichlorians.) and didn't completely hate Jar Jar and accepted him as an out of place comedic character that was tacked on. This is truly and utterly pointless like the music change in the Jabba the Hutt scene as the first music was way better.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I haven't seen the original, but this is bullshit! Why would anyone want to change the original at all? It's like digging up your grandma and putting a top hat and a novelty mustache on her, disrespectful and idiotic at the same time!

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
after seeing what happened with the "Han shot first" fiasco, I can now imagine people adding the NOOOOOO! to a bunch of Vader's scenes.

after Han shot Vader out of the Death Star trench.
the lunch scene with Han in 5 after Han shoots.
When Vader gets his hand chopped off by Luke.
Before choking that one guy for doubting the power of the force in 4.

You could do it to a whole bunch of scenes. Alright internet, get to work!!!

TurboPanda

Apr 19, 2010
It's obvious what happened. At some point between the original trilogy and the prequels, George Lucas got corrupted by the dark side and went from being the savior of sci fi to a corrupt bastard intent on destroying his own universe and bringing misery to millions.

Ironic when you think about it.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Oh... I just realised what George Lucas is doing.

OH GOD! I'VE REALISED WHY HE WOULD DO THIS!

What better way to sell the same films twice, release a fucked up altered Blu-ray version, then RE-RE-RELEASE the same film AGAIN on blu-ray, 1080p but WITHOUT any alterations!!?!?

He did the same thing with DVD, after many half changes he finally released the original Trilogy in 2006 where it was mostly unaltered.

I can bet, in 2-3 years we'll see an "original" Blu-Ray release of the original trilogy. And George Lucas will make another small fortune to - I don't know - film a reboot of Indiana Jones starring Shia Le Boeff as Indy or some other abomination.

On the subject of bad dubs, they should be hilarious:

Feralbreed

May 20, 2009
TurboPanda said:
It's obvious what happened. At some point between the original trilogy and the prequels, George Lucas got corrupted by the dark side and went from being the savior of sci fi to a corrupt bastard intent on destroying his own universe and bringing misery to millions.

Ironic when you think about it.
Exactly, Lucas went from a young filmmaker who rebelled against the system, to BECOMING the system.

The worst thing isn't that I have to see this shit happen... it's that your kids will think that this is the real version. This will be star wars to them..sad.

Does the goverment still approve assassination orders if the target is a national threat- no, more like a global threat

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Sp3ratus said:
Please Lucas, please:I love Star Wars, I really do, it's a fantastic universe, but Lucas has beaten this horse so many times, it's no longer a horse, but just a bloody pulp. Please leave the universe to someone who knows how to handle it and has respect for it.
hahahahaha yes me n my friends qoute that clip all the time lmao

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
OK one, that shit looks HORRIBLE. Thats suppose to be Blue Ray?
Two, well done Lucas Films, you took subtly out of a scene where a man is shooting lightning from his hands... Truly a great accomplishment.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
That just completely ruined that scene, which is one of my favorites from the entire series.

What happened to you, Lucas? You used to be cool.