Lucha Libre Mask Giveaway Gets Bodyslammed

The Random One

May 29, 2008
oh wow it really sucks that they won't be able to give away their POISONED MASKS
MasterSplinter said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Aye carumba!
It goes: ¡Hay caramba!
I think it's 'ay caramba', dudes. 'Ay', like 'caramba', is just a meaningless interjections. 'Hay' means 'there is'. 'Hay caramba' therefore means 'there is caramba', and since the word caramba has no meaning other than being an euphemism for 'carajo', a lewd term for penis, 'hay caramba' literally means 'there is a dick'.

I bet you didn't know you'd unwittingly mention the presence of a penis today when you woke up.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
The Random One said:
oh wow it really sucks that they won't be able to give away their POISONED MASKS
MasterSplinter said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Aye carumba!
It goes: ¡Hay caramba!
I think it's 'ay caramba', dudes. 'Ay', like 'caramba', is just a meaningless interjections. 'Hay' means 'there is'. 'Hay caramba' therefore means 'there is caramba', and since the word caramba has no meaning other than being an euphemism for 'carajo', a lewd term for penis, 'hay caramba' literally means 'there is a dick'.

I bet you didn't know you'd unwittingly mention the presence of a penis today when you woke up.
The "hay"/"ay" part i am not very confident. But "Carajo" doesn't mean penis. "Carajo" was the name of the part of big sail boats that had that little half barrel like viewing spot. The one from where all pirates shout "LAND!!" when they saw it. That was the most unstable part of the boat hence is was very uncomfortable to be there, capitans used "carajo duty" as a way of discipline and the thing eventually became an insult. I always thought caramba was more like a surprise expresion than an insult but that's just what bart simpson tought me.