Ludicrous $750 Goliath Statue Promotes the Launch of Evolve

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Ludicrous $750 Goliath Statue Promotes the Launch of Evolve

If you're feeling especially spendy, you can drop an extra $50 on an $800 even limited-er edition version of Evolve's Goliath.

There's a lot that $750 can buy. Both a PS4 and a Wii U. A high-tier PC. 3,428 Project Triforce [http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Tarts-Frosted-Strawberry-16-Count/dp/B00I8QXP4Q/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ie=UTF8&qid=1412559963&sr=1-1&keywords=pop+tarts], it will be producing an extremely limited run of crazy-expensive $750 Goliath statues.

Additionally, if you're got an extra $50 (as someone who is willing to drop $750 on a toy most likely would have), you can pick up an even limted-er edition statue sporting a special Savage Goliath skin, available exclusively at NY Comic Con next week.

First, check out the monster in all of its 29"H x 22"W x 25"L glory, in standard and Savage variants below:

[gallery=3312]

From 2k's press release: "The Evolve: Goliath Premier Scale Statue is hand-finished and hand-painted, ready to stalk whatever prey you lay out on your table. Cast in poly-stone, it measures 29 inches high, weighs in at 35 pounds and features working LED effects built in - like those piercing eyes watching you in the dark while you're trying to go to sleep."

You can go ahead and pre-order the statue right now [http://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=32] with a $187 deposit, and they are expected to ship in Q2, 2015, which should be shortly after the release of Evolve. Only 500 of the standard, and 150 of the Savage versions of these statues will be sold, so get in quick if you're a really dedicated fan (for a game that isn't even out yet).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ohhhhh THINGS!

unfortunately that's a little steep even for my tastes, especially for an unproven franchise

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
No, just...no.

I paid less for my titanfall statue and at least that at least lights up and came with the game and an art book. This is just overpriced swag FTW.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
gamegod25 said:
No, just...no.

I paid less for my titanfall statue and at least that at least lights up and came with the game and an art book. This is just overpriced swag FTW.
I had no idea titfall had a collectors....I would have rather bought that than the game

it probably is overpriced but I think there's a "middlezone" when it comes to this kind of thing. Where its expensive-ish but looks only "ok"

The Rogue Wolf said:
At least they're not calling it "iconic" like Aiden Pearce's ballcap.
next thing fucking pants will be iconic

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Hey, you know, I've got some red paint over here, and I'm a reasonably steady hand at miniature painting. Does anyone want to pay me... ooh... $40 to upgrade their model to the Savage version? Anyone?

I... honestly don't get this. It's a model of a relatively unknown video game character. It's... not worth this. And I really hope Games Workshop isn't paying attention.

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
I'm not sure if it was intended, but the eyebrow raising cost of the statues is giving them a good amount of free publicity; Sure they could sell more units with an inferior, and therefore cheaper, statue...

But would we be talking about it?

Vault101 said:
next thing fucking pants will be iconic
And yet, pants already are incredibly iconic because of a certain content creator of the escapist...

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I didn't realise releasing really expensive merchandise was an effective marketing strategy for selling much less expensive core products.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Oh god. Why did I have to see this article? I'm gonna be fighting myself for weeks over buying this. I'm a sucker for awesome statues, and that one is really fucking awesome. Somebody needs to take my wallet away until I forget about this thing.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Okay, I completely misread the title.

Instead of $750 I read that the statue was 750ft.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, no chance. The stuff on that site is way too expensive. Especially a $750 statue for a game that isn't out yet and we don't even know is good.

I mean fuck me, it's $750 for a replica batarang with Batmans fist. I /have/ some replica Batarangs, and they cost me £15 (which that plus Arkham Asylum was actually less than the collectors of AA that came with a crummy plastic batarang cost). They're sharp, stainless steel and I can actually throw them at things.

The quality of the sculpts are /good/ but they're not "WOW! That's fantastic!" like some of sideshows stuff is, which is much cheaper and better looking.

The tetris stuff is even more rediculous. $275 for a tetris block? Fuck off! You didn't sculpt that, you just blocked it out in 3DS max then printed it out.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
vashthblackseed said:
Wouldn't you consider the Hulk purple pant iconic?!
yes...because theyre on the hulk

xxobot said:
I'm not sure if it was intended, but the eyebrow raising cost of the statues is giving them a good amount of free publicity; Sure they could sell more units with an inferior, and therefore cheaper, statue...
while price does definetly mean better quality I think $750 is a serious mark up...this seems more like $400 range

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'm sorry, but those colours are just dull. Yes, red and black are kewl, but could they not have thrown some deep purple or electric blue in there somewhere? Maybe even some acid green?

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
I said this when I first saw it a couple days ago and I'll say it again: That's an incredibly detailed statue for such a generic-looking monster. Not worth it in my opinion. Maybe if I were interested in Evolve I'd be salivating over this, but it's still way past what I'd be willing to spend for a cool statue. And it's huge to be sure, but size isn't everything. :p

I would still say Gaming Heads makes the best statues I've seen. And while those are quite pricey, next to this guy they look economical.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
It'd be better if it was a 20m tall $750 million dollar statue. I'd travel just to see it.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I read Goliath and statue and first I thought I had was Gargoyles. Almost excited, almost...

Ehh, I guess the person who could afford to blow that much on this probably has a lot of negative space in their house to fill.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Vault101 said:
gamegod25 said:
No, just...no.

I had no idea titfall had a collectors....I would have rather bought that than the game

it probably is overpriced but I think there's a "middlezone" when it comes to this kind of thing. Where its expensive-ish but looks only "ok"
Yeah the collectors edition came with a 20" statue that even lights up. It can't be moved around (unlike the much more expensive $400 statue I saw online about a month ago) but it still looks awesome ^^

what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Ds2KmkpJc