Luftrausers Review - Fliegen die Unfreundlichen Himmel

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Luftrausers Review - Fliegen die Unfreundlichen Himmel

Frenetic, addictive shoot 'em up action. What's not to like?

Read Full Article

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
I really love the game and I think it is a great title to play 1-3 rounds of between doing other stuff.

But I gotta ask: What are you trying to tell us with this review's title? :p

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
rofltehcat said:
I really love the game and I think it is a great title to play 1-3 rounds of between doing other stuff.

I think he just typed something like "flying the hostile skies" into google translate and had it translated into german (because of the Luft in Luftrausers).

"Fliegen im feindlichen Luftraum" (if hostile in the sense of infested with enemy forces) or "Die harschen Lüfte befliegen" (if hostile in the sense of harsh weathers) would be better.
Not that I think he actually wanted to put something there that made actual sense in german.

OT:
Looks like a fun title. I might buy the cheap chinese iOS knockoff that exists of this and every other Vlambeer title. Just kidding. I might pick it up in a sale.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Yes, unfriendly skies indeed do fly, don't they.
Thanks for the review! I'll be honest, though: I saw TotalBiscuit's video before this and while he was also very positive about it, after actually seeing the gameplay I doubt this is for me.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
rofltehcat said:

Google translates it to "Flying the unkind skies".

OT: Sounds interesting, if it ever comes to Android (because it sounds like the kind of game you play for 5 to 10 minutes at a time), I'll definitely check it out.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
rofltehcat said:

Google translates it to "Flying the unkind skies".

OT: Sounds interesting, if it ever comes to Android (because it sounds like the kind of game you play for 5 to 10 minutes at a time), I'll definitely check it out.
I don't know if it'd work with mobile controls. Currently it really needs 3 directional keys for effective maneuvering. Turning might be doable on a touch surface but I don't know if it'd be accurate enough.
Even playing it with a 360 pad doesn't really work because the analogue stick isn't accurate enough and playing it on a keyboard is much more effective. So without a good D-pad or an arcade stick it really doesn't work very well and I'd assume other floaty controls don't work well either.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I think the 'heaven' interpretation of 'Himmel' makes it more poetic.

OT: This game looks really, really distinct. Glad there's an olde aesthetic that distinguishes it from other arcade shooters. Well, for all I know there are a bunch of arcade shooters that infuse archaic dogfights with techno beats, but it still looks and sounds awesome! I'm curious about how effective multiplayer would be...

Symbio Joe

Dec 7, 2010
Stryker said:
I would presume it means to say "fly the un-friendly sky/skies" in German, but the Syntax is all messed up.

If you want to be accurate, make it "Fliegen über unfreundlichem Himmel"
('ü' can also be substituted with 'ue')

But this faux-German is also fun :D
It baits for comments about that, but as long as my nation does not get it right to speak a proper "th" I do not feel like lecturing anyone who messes up grammar a little bit.

Oct 20, 2010
Symbio Joe said:
Stryker said:
I would presume it means to say "fly the un-friendly sky/skies" in German, but the Syntax is all messed up.

If you want to be accurate, make it "Fliegen über unfreundlichem Himmel"
('ü' can also be substituted with 'ue')

But this faux-German is also fun :D
It baits for comments about that, but as long as my nation does not get it right to speak a proper "th" I do not feel like lecturing anyone who messes up grammar a little bit.
But I fort we were supposed to NOT sound like vem ova blouques.