LulzSec Leader Outed As FBI Rat

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Now if only the remnants of Lulzsec would cost the leader of the FBI his job. Now that would be justice.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
ResonanceSD said:
Carsus Tyrell said:
So all that bollocks about teh threedums and the snivelling worm still ends up turning out a grass? Pfft, hope he doesn't plan on keeping those kneecaps.
What's the saying? Snitches get stitches?
I always preferred cement shoes, I'm a sucker for the classics what can I say?

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Yes, good to see that Lulzsec finally got their just desserts. This actually makes me think back to a comment I read back when their rampage was just starting something like "when the feds catch these guys they're not going to arrest them they're going to hire them" I guess whoever that was they were right. That was a pretty long time ago so I don't remember who posted it.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Pluvia said:
***Snip***

I'd be much more scared of a faceless organisation that tries to hide from the consequences of their actions, and deliberately attack people who disagree with them, despite those people doing nothing illegal except having a different point of view, and who try to control with fear, than the government.

The government can spy on me if it wants, but all it'll find is I go to work, I play computer games, I drink at the weekend and I do everyday normal day-to-day things. I'm not scared of the government because I'm not stupid enough to believe the government would be interested in me, but I do get worried when a fringe group of anonymous tries to get my credit card information and attacks the Escapist because a majority of people there disagree with them.
Then I'd have to say you're naive. Governments don't just have opposing viewpoints, their viewpoints are getting to be toxic. The shit getting leaked (much of it from Anonymous at that) from government or government funded organizations is disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiJB8YuDBQ&hd=1

Check that out. It's a Fox News report. That's kind of ironic really, but what the Documentary says is true. Keep in mind that information currently leaked, and what is discussed in the documentary is just the tip of the iceberg...

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
It's not even slightly surprising as a group who goes about saying "do what we want you to do, or we'll attack" makes itself an anti-terrorist target from the FBI.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I was kinda expecting Anon to take them down or give the information to the FBI.
it,s nice to see the vandals of the net got caught then again they were stupid enough not to stay anonymous (as in nameless not the internet group).

Feb 28, 2008
Some loathsome FBI agents turning the screws on some loathsome hackers, who exposed some frankly idiotic security systems ran by bloated MNC tosspots.

The world goes on.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
TitanAura said:
What bugs me is what lulzsec was doing last year was "mostly" harmless and didn't end up actually hurting anyone seriously (at least as far as what was reported, correct me if I'm wrong). They really did seem to be doing it "for the lulz" and most of the time it just involved pointing out the flaws in security systems by stabbing it a few times and then pouring salt into the proverbial wound by gloating about how much their victim sucked at defending themselves. Back alley assault analogies aside, while I never considered them to be a high priority target, I'm not exactly sympathizing with their fate either.
More analogies: What they were doing was like towing away someone's car then saying 'look, your security sux because you didnt have GPS in your car!' If you did, they would've disabled it, lauding you for not having a backup.

Or opening your unlocked door (at least, Michael Moore has me believe the majority of americans lock their houses even when they're IN it), then shooting you, saying how crap your security is.

Anyway, to the leader, it sort of seems like GIFT to me, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hurt his kids in some way and said 'don't dish out what you can't take' (although I doubt it would happen).

I very much doubt anything would come of this as no one liked lulzsec anyway.

ResonanceSD said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
maddog015 said:
This. Grabbing a handful of people who might be "leadership" isn't going to stop it. That's like saying "We killed Bin Laden! Terrorism is over!"
Or even before that...
I like your attitude of "We'll rise up again!" etc. etc. /snore.

However, this was a major bust, and it also proved that the supposed bastion of internet security breachers was just another guy who would easily rat out his friends. What makes you think the rest of anonymous is any different?
Most of them wouldn't be, they think they're heroes like from tiananmen square, standing up to oppression or the like, when their country is actively engaging in oppression, some of which they forget about that they need, and some of which they want to leak and expose.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
I find this really sad. Personally I liked Lulzsec. Sure they DDOSed 4chan and the escapist but they did it to prove a point. Sure it was illegal... but so is copyright infringement.

Getting someone through their children is the reason why any organised crime group try to remove their families.

Also I don't belive this to be true. Last time there were arrests about Lulzsec it just turned out to be American Propaganda.

I Would like to think it was the same again. Also apparently their site had coprighted material on it...

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Sprinal said:
I find this really sad. Personally I liked Lulzsec. Sure they DDOSed 4chan and the escapist but they did it to prove a point. Sure it was illegal... but so is copyright infringement.
First of all. What is your point?

Second, why do you find it sad? Because they're gone?

Sprinal said:
Getting someone through their children is the reason why any organised crime group try to remove their families.

This just in, @AnonymouSabu was caught using known exploit, known as "Want to see your kids ever again?" #irony #FBI #anonymous

Hey, I lulzed at that. If you're going to have vulnerabilities built into a system, expect them to be exploited by everyone. Like the FBI.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
This is delicious!

Nice to see that it's possible to actually get the people behind groups like this.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Wow.

I can't say I'll miss lulzsec; they were the Internet equivalent of a drunk kid smashing mailboxes and windows with a bat.

I'm a little sad to hear of someone's kids being used as leverage in this way, but as others have said, if you were really concerned about your kids, maybe the little crime spree ought to be something he left to those without such attachments, yes?

But with others noting the possibility of Sabu facing the ire of the remnant of Lulzsec and/or Anonymous, part of me has to wonder what their motivation was to release that information in the first place.

I mean, it's possible those it would be most relevant to already know, of course. But I wonder if this is just trumpeting of the agency's accomplishments, hanging a "resource" out to dry after his usefulness is past, or possibly even part of a secondary operation (trying to lure other hackers out of hiding when they take their "shot" at Sabu, so to speak.) Or some combination.

Feb 13, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
What makes you think the rest of anonymous is any different?
What makes you think they aren't? Quick, before they get you as well...Be a shame if anything happened to that health bar.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
Pluvia said:
No, I changed the subject to Anon, I know who Lulzsec are.

It's not transparent otherwise we would know who they are. If you demand transparency you must also be transparent yourself. I want to see the faces of the people who demand this, yet they hide behind a mask so they can hide from the consequences of their illegal actions.

Remaining anonymous is fine. Remaining anonymous whilst demanding others don't is retarded.
Because if you're not completely anonymous, you run the risk of someone putting a stop to your voice before you can even be heard.

I know that sounds a bit grim, but it's hard to be completely honest when you know that if they knew who you are, saying the truth has the possibility of someone silencing your voice. I'm not saying that they would be instantly assassinated or anything involving murder, but I would not see it as unlikely that they would threaten with prison time for revealing something that the government would much rather keep hidden under the rug.

They are much more transparent then most of the people they speak against, they just hide their identities to avoid having the government stop them before what needs to be said is said. I don't agree with everything they do, but I think that it has more of a positive impact then bad in the grand scheme of things.
rapidoud said:
Most of them wouldn't be, they think they're heroes like from tiananmen square, standing up to oppression or the like, when their country is actively engaging in oppression, some of which they forget about that they need, and some of which they want to leak and expose.
I don't mean to be a bother, but who are 'they'? Neither Lulzec or Anon (I'm not sure whom you are referring to) are all a group of people who work from their head quarters located in an particular country. Saying that 'their country' is engaging in oppression doesn't really make sense, because these groups have people living across the globe. You might need to clarify for me..

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
The_root_of_all_evil said:
ResonanceSD said:
What makes you think the rest of anonymous is any different?
What makes you think they aren't? Quick, before they get you as well...Be a shame if anything happened to that health bar.

What makes me think they aren't? Wasn't this guy meant to be the most balls-out anon at the time? If he's the vanguard of the Lulz brigade, and the one most willing to launch attacks, etc, why would others be more courageous?

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
And the moral of the story is...

Make sure you get caught first and your okay!

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
ResonanceSD said:
First of all. What is your point?
Well Lulzsec ran around essentially breaking things just because it was funny (at least officially) then when op antisec started up they then started attacking groups that were corrupt. This is what I meant.... Or maybe I simply liked the idea of people breaking things and getting away with it. I don't know.

But if they are caught then it just shows how we can't trust anyone.
Second, why do you find it sad? Because they're gone?
Well yeah...

Also You're right about if there is an exploit then it will be used. I am like that and so are most people. But we are talking about the "noble protectors of innocesents" here... and as much as they are trying do the ends justify the means....

Okay I am probably making as much sence as a lunatic at this point so I shall stop.