LulzSec Leader Outed As FBI Rat

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
TitanAura said:
What bugs me is what lulzsec was doing last year was "mostly" harmless and didn't end up actually hurting anyone seriously (at least as far as what was reported, correct me if I'm wrong). They really did seem to be doing it "for the lulz" and most of the time it just involved pointing out the flaws in security systems by stabbing it a few times and then pouring salt into the proverbial wound by gloating about how much their victim sucked at defending themselves. Back alley assault analogies aside, while I never considered them to be a high priority target, I'm not exactly sympathizing with their fate either.
Well, beyond the proper thieving stunts some individuals pulled off while working as the Lulzy Anti-sec collective, they did cause a severe outage of the PlayStation Network and they did proper attacks beyond the lowly ddos attack. All in all, what they did can be interpreted as pointing out security flaws, but they did so by causing a boatload of monetary damages. At the very start, their antics looked like they were full of spirit and proper lulz, but it soon turned into the same old random rampage. I am very glad those that got caught did get caught... I only hope we can catch similar-minded nuisances from the Anon collective, or those pesky hackers hailing from Turkey, Brazil or... wherever, really, BEFORE there's just no way around ACTA/SOPA/PIPA/etc.

Yeah, I do blame Lulz and Anon - in part - for making restrictive policies look really phwoar sexy and hot in the eyes of the folks with just about the least amount of clues imaginable - politicians, that is. The more Julian Asshat and 'Anonymous' give us daily impressions of their being oh so different, the less likely we are to prevent the global internet lockdown. As Kim Schmitz and his Mega-PooPoo business showed, there's no need for new laws to take down some irate pirate bastards, but that just don't stop them feds from wanting more control over everything. Anonymous aren't successfully warding off this threat, they're playing online Al-Qaeda so stricter laws look like a proper good thing to a lot of people who don't understand a bit and don't give a byte about what's going to happen with proper Big Brother laws.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Fappy said:
Good fucking riddance I say. I really love this, I'll be honest here. Say what you will about his reasons for doing it but the simple fact of the matter is that LulzSec's entire existence was based on a matter of principle, "people should secure their shit." And now at the end of the day we see their leader sacrifice his principles and betray his comrads. Hypocrisy and irony all in one delicious serving.
I think the sentence "We used his kids to get to him, thats how we got him" Rubs me in a very wrong way. It doesnt really sound like anything the good guys should say. xD.

*Superman: I used his kids to get to him, thats how I got him*
*Lex Luther: I used his kids to get to him, thats how I got him*

Alright, it doesnt really fit on either of them, but 'if' I had to say it would clearly fit a bad guy more. They could clearly have been less proud of what methods they used. Alright sure, he was a bad guy and he deserved this and he gave up his life as an innocent parent when he began his campaign against the goverment. But thats 'still' not a reason for 'the good guys' to actually be proud of reminding him of how his kids would become orphans if he didnt do what they said.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I cant see this this going well
or bad for that matter.
As some have already said Hydra.
Also LulzSec reminds me of "schrodinger's cat" both alvive and dead untill observed.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
What a coward

Ratting out the others like that just so he could spend time with the kids he is "supporting" through hacktivism. I know it is tough out there but don't you think that if someone really cared about their kids, they would be spending every working hour trying to get a job or looking after them instead if being on the computer. Did he ever think about all the lives he ruined when he ratted out the rest?

ND

May 24, 2008
Anyone else curious as to why the FBI is just now throwing this informants identity out into the open? Did they decide he was of no further use?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
maddog015 said:
This. Grabbing a handful of people who might be "leadership" isn't going to stop it. That's like saying "We killed Bin Laden! Terrorism is over!"
Or even before that...
What? You don't remember the decade of unprecedented security, wealth, and all around greatness that the world has experienced following the clean and well thought out actions of George Bush? Oh wait...

RagingNinja

Dec 13, 2010
One of the guys is in my university. Two of my friends know him and my girlfriend is acquainted with him.

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
Zer_ said:
hawkeye52 said:
It seems like Anon is not as dead as people thought. They just hacked open and took over the site for panda security

http://pastebin.com/LM9vdNWy

http://cybercrime.pandasecurity.com/
LulzSec =/= Anonymous

They are a splinter faction of Anonymous that went a different direction.
Yeah sorry I realise this.

Just generalising because I'm using it as a majorative recognisable group as opposed to mentioning each individual group by name. The group who did this was anti sec I think its just that Anon is immediately recognisable to most internet people

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
Fappy said:
Good fucking riddance I say. I really love this, I'll be honest here. Say what you will about his reasons for doing it but the simple fact of the matter is that LulzSec's entire existence was based on a matter of principle, "people should secure their shit." And now at the end of the day we see their leader sacrifice his principles and betray his comrads. Hypocrisy and irony all in one delicious serving.
How is it that he betrayed his principles? If his group's idea was people should secure their shit, and he basically went back on his loyalty, I fail to see the hypocrisy.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
ResonanceSD said:
why would others be more courageous?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57392089-83/antisec-hacks-security-site-to-protest-lulzsec-arrests/

Yeah, about that...
Treason doesn't mean what they think it means. Just sayian.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
ResonanceSD said:
Zer_ said:
hawkeye52 said:
It seems like Anon is not as dead as people thought. They just hacked open and took over the site for panda security

http://pastebin.com/LM9vdNWy

http://cybercrime.pandasecurity.com/
LulzSec =/= Anonymous

They are a splinter faction of Anonymous that went a different direction.
Yeah but isn't anyone who claims to be a member of anonymous a member by default? if the group has no definition than surely anyone who claims to be a member, is one.
Anonymous is an idea, not a group.
of course one might say to be a part of anonymous is just the reflection of sharing the idea, but you can say all you want, if you do not truly share the idea (but lie about it to get in touch with Anons and "associates" to jail them, for example because you work for a government organisation) you just don't - i think that's the idea behind an... idea
although you can very well be part of an organsiation but not truly share their goals and ideas

aah damnit, it's somewhat getting down to semantics, screw that:
Anonymous is an idea, not a group - you cannot be part of an idea, but you can be part of a group

as to the Anonymous haters, it being shitty that "they" ask for transparency while hiding themselves: "they" do it because there is no other possibility at the time being - as this thread shows, if your name's known you may get imprisoned; and you cannot do shit when in jail
so "they" have to somewhat hide themselves and be only as transparent as "they" can afford, for now.
Anonymous is aware that there'll always be people who talk, or means to get them talking, so until a safe environment is created, "they" cannot expose themselves - actually it's pretty smart, because self-aware, i'd say

and no, Anonymous is not after your credit card information; that is not the idea, from what i gathered from some of "their" transparently ;) accessible videos

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
After reading 6 pages of posts, I see no-one gets the real meat to this article!

Fox News has become a reliable source!

Eveonline100

Feb 20, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Upon reading this, I keep thinking of that Halo soundclip "Betrayal".

Sure his betrayal was justify (if he does love his children why did he lead a secret life that is dangerous) but if I were him I would lay very low for a while since I would assume the reamaining members want his guts now.
the only guess i can i think of is that he turly thought he'll never get chaught.