Lurking and you

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Hey there Escapists, how often do you lurk?

By some appearances, it would seem I'm fairly active here...

Most of this is from Forum Games. In reality I like to move around topics and fail to contribute. I was just kind of wondering where the rest of the posters like me are.

So, do you lurk?

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Nope. I read interesting threads and post. I only ever don't post when I have nothing to add to the discussion, which doesn't happen that often.

Carrotslayer

Jun 14, 2010
*Stands up*

Hello, my name is Carrotslayer and I'm...I....I'm a lurker

*Sits down on his chair in the Anonymous Lurkers circle*

May 28, 2009
My post count suggest that I'm not a very good lurker. However, considering for instance Jedamethis's post count and join date compared to mine, perhaps I strike a balance between posting and lurking. Recently I've gone on another posting spree here, but there was quite a period of inactivity where I had nothing to say/didn't check the forums.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
Carrotslayer said:
*Stands up*

Hello, my name is Carrotslayer and I'm...I....I'm a lurker

*Sits down on his chair in the Anonymous Lurkers circle*
hi carrotslayer...

OT: sometimes, but usually no... I mean, I usually post, but more then a few times I've read comments on a thread with no intent on ever joining in...

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
On this site I'm not a lurker, but on every other forum I visit I am. I'm not quite sure why that is, but I've just never had the urge to post anything anywhere else. Even here I go through many different threads without posting, usually because someone else has made my point already, or I just don't have a good point to make.

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
I like to lurk. Speak the word out loud. Lurk. It's a damn fine word.

And, frankly, there aren't that many interesting or constructive posts around.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I only tend to jump into a topic when i have something to say that is not intensely scathing [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Troll].

Other than that my attention is focused elsewhere.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
I was half tempted to lurk here...

Shrug. I generally post if I've got something to say, or to scold people for reposting a post that's been done six billion times.

Bloedhoest

Aug 11, 2011
Yes, I lurk.
Often I type a sentence and a half ready to post something. But then I delete the text and go lurk somewhere else.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
I lurk. I lurk quite often, actually. There are several times that I feel like I have nothing to contribute to a conversation, so I just lurk in the background. In fact, I'm even lurking right now....

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Underwater with scuba gear? Oh... that lurking! I type and read what I wrote then erase it and rewrite it again.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Bloedhoest said:
Yes, I lurk.
Often I type a sentence and a half ready to post something. But then I delete the text and go lurk somewhere else.
I do this quite often. I dono if I'd just be embarrassed to post something, or it's just a bad topic and though I'd have something to say I don't want to get involved.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Saromnour said:
Princess Molestia said:
I lurk more than any of you know.
Pfft... I joined in June. This is my 6th post. I am a professional lurker. BOW IN MY GLORY.
I've been lurking for 2 years! NOW BOW to my glory!