M.A.V.: A Spiritual Sequel to Chromehounds

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
The moment I have been dreaming of for so long has arrived. A spritual sequel to the first Xbox 360 game I ever owned, and my first experience of the mech genre.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1509489292/mav-modular-assault-vehicle

It looks like Chromehounds. It plays like Chromehounds. It smells like Chromehounds. It tastes like Chromehounds.

I NEED THIS INSIDE OF ME.

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
This looks amazing!

Too bad I can't really get into backing kickstarter games. A lot of money for a game that I may or may not enjoy a year later. Ah well.

Tell me if it turns out good!

Xjin

Jul 7, 2009
Oh
My
Gods.

Now if they can kill the munchkins and cut the cheese that will be a big boon to the gameplay.
Now lets see the AI making raptor/ t-rex mechs. And TIE scouts.

Wish this all the luck in the world. Chromehouds was my first 360 game as well, but not my first mech game. LOVED the online play for the first 4 months before all the no fun guys. Had a Quad mech with a scorpion tail with 2 sniper cannons and 2 light cannon for the pincers. My TIE scouts were widely copied by others and then THE DAMN AI STARTED using my builds as a general template.

Loved that game and did a 20h run on it not long after it came out. Even my dad liked it, but though the mechs were off compared to Steel Battalion or Battle Tech. He schooled 5 people in under 2m in one match with just snub nosed launchers and two ARs.

Sorry I'm now just going on and on...

Pile hovers!

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
I tended to run command mechs for my squad (with 3 defender-class cannons, because why not?), and I remember the time we got into a 4v4 against a Japanese squad. We had a commander, they didn't. Our soldier and defended ambushed 3 of their mechs, and wiped them out for little real damage in return. Their scout came running for our base.

Guess who knew he was coming, and had a heavy gunner to back him up? :3

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
Zarkov said:
This looks amazing!

Too bad I can't really get into backing kickstarter games. A lot of money for a game that I may or may not enjoy a year later. Ah well.

Tell me if it turns out good!
Actually, if you pledge $20, you get beta access as soon as the kickstarter ends. Just a heads up :3

Xjin

Jul 7, 2009
Cracker3011 said:
I tended to run command mechs for my squad (with 3 defender-class cannons, because why not?), and I remember the time we got into a 4v4 against a Japanese squad. We had a commander, they didn't. Our soldier and defended ambushed 3 of their mechs, and wiped them out for little real damage in return. Their scout came running for our base.

Guess who knew he was coming, and had a heavy gunner to back him up? :3
I played a match with Italians, on a custom FFA.

My Italian was bad, and they asked if I was Welsh. I told them I was American and they sang America the Beautiful in good English. I felt bad smashing about half of them with my high speed 3 pile hover hound. Pile scouts were not big in the Euro servers. They loved my two cannon TIE scout as well, and they laughed as i shot backwards after alpha striking the cannons.

I played a match with French people as a commander and I speak no French. I just used NATO calling and classes and did well. Set up one ambush that killed there two scouts and one of there fighters but we lost our one of our scouts. We won due to the rest of them trying to take on our defender at out HQ. He glassed three mechs in one salvo of all his rocket pods. Something to see indeed.

The international play was such fun in that game.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
It's times like this I wish I had lost of extra cash lying around. I was never able to play the online mode for Chromehounds, but I loved the game all the same. If I had money I would go ahead and back this, but I don't so I'll just have to wait until it's released. Of course it would also be nice if I had a gaming PC so that I could actually play this game.