Mad Money Host Places Take-Two Chair on "Wall of Shame"

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
He's entertaining and often right, but anyone who uses Jim Cramer and Jim Cramer only for their stock picks needs their head examined. He's only human.

I found it hilarious when they threw him into Iron Man.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
GyroCaptain post=7.74714.844538 said:
He's entertaining and often right, but anyone who uses Jim Cramer and Jim Cramer only for their stock picks needs their head examined. He's only human.

I found it hilarious when they threw him into Iron Man.
Y'know, I don't get cable so my first encounter with Cramer was on Iron Man and I thought the actor was laying it on a bit thick.

Damn, I wish I'd been right...

-- Steve

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
As a gamer, I sure am glad that Zelnick said no. As a stock holder in Take Two, I'm mildly upset, but there will be other bids, and the stock will bounce back, if not go higher soon enough anyway.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
No, Kramer in Ironman wasn't laying it on thick. His show is always like that, it's what makes him popular.

On the one hand Kramer often stands up against abuses and shams, and can be seen as one who points out the corruptness in the financial sector- he looks after the investors and the stockholders, those are his concerns.

As GAMERS, our concern is with the fac that EA is delivering a subpar (if financially successful) product. All stockholders care about is the money, which makes Zelnicks choice unpopular. As gamers we should try to support him and Take Two for taking a bold step to stand up to EA.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Jim Cramer is a member of the George Costanza school of decision-making. Whenever he says something, just do the opposite and you'll be fine. A bigger idiot on television I've not seen unless it was a reality game-show contestant.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
L.B. Jeffries post=7.74714.844510 said:
Bretty post=7.74714.844487 said:
Actually the 30% stock drop was weeks after the decision was made...

And turning down a take over bid has as much chance to increase the value as it does decrease it...

And Meca.... did you read the previous reply covering the Bear issue? Insured Accounts was what he was talking about...
Golly, there's nothing else going on in the American economy that might make a companies stocks drop except the EA bid. Nothing at all.
Ummm... this was what 2 months before this economy issue arrised? July-Aug...

If you are geing to rebut how about you get a valid argument...Oh and Meca, good point as usual?

circusbred

Sep 3, 2008
It pays to remember the context of the offer. EA made the offer right before they were about to release GTA IV. Remember that little game? Grossed $500mil in its first week.

I hardly think they need the cash.