Madden 25 Predicts The Denver Broncos Will Win Super Bowl XLVIII

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Madden 25 Predicts The Denver Broncos Will Win Super Bowl XLVIII

If the Super Bowl plays out like Madden says it will, it's going to be a pretty close game.

It has been decided! The Denver Broncos have been declared the presumed winners of Super Bowl XLVIII the most important name in (video game) football analysis, Madden Football 25. EA Sports has performed their annual Super Bowl simulation - AI versions of both teams play the scenario out using the most recent game's rosters - and found the Broncos will manage to take down the Seattle Seahawks, 31-28.

EA Sports has been using Madden to predict who would win the big game for years now and, believe it or not, the game has a pretty good track record. Madden simulations have accurately predicted the winner in eight of the last ten Super Bowls.

The simulation of the game took a few wild twists and turns. After a low-scoring first half, the Broncos took a strong lead in the third quarter. Just when it seemed like the game was over, though, a running touchdown from Seahawks Runningback Marshawn Lynch and subsequent two-point conversion tied things up, sending the game into overtime. After all that work, though, the Seahawks weren't able to keep up, and the Broncos kicked a field goal to win the game.

Unsurprisingly, the simulated Payton Manning took home the game's MVP award, though most of the big names on both the Broncos and Seahawks came through with strong performances.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the real game is half as intense as this version. If you aren't a football fan, though, there's still something to be gained from watching the video: After seeing this, you have a good idea of who to look out for if you end up at a Super Bowl party on Sunday.

Source: EA Sports [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P70-MtBgsOQ]

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I don't want to be mean, but I never understood why reporters make those kinds of article. They do it all the time on nhl.com. Problem is that I can do that at home with my own copy and end up with different results.

I'll be looking forward to the actual Superbowl?where anything can happen?I hope they get their shit together in electrical and lighting department this year.

To OP: Sorry man if my comment was a bit mean...

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, I'm not so sure that's gonna happen. How many times did the run the simulation? Just once? That's not really a clear indicator. The game also doesn't account for bad\missed calls by the referees either.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
"E.A. Sports. Buy our game... I mean, It's in the game."

Well it's a great way for EA to advertise the latest (I think) Madden game and make money from the hype. Sorry I sounded cynical there, my bad. Can't wait to see the game on Sunday and see the 30 second each half time movie ads.

Mar 26, 2008
Go Seahawks! In Australia we always like to back the underdog so it's cause for a celebration. Pity I couldn't get the day off work.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Welp good to know that predictions aren't right all the time. But damn was that game sad for the Denver Broncos. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen a Superbowl game that had that bad of a point disparity before.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I found the whole game fascinating.

The number one offense couldn't lay a scratch until 20 seconds left in 3rd quarter.

Just wow..

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I always did find it pretty cool that the Madden games have so closely predicted the Super Bowl on so many occasions, but holy crap were they off tonight!

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Um, oops? Way off guys. Granted, who knew that Peyton Manning would cave with all the pressure on the world on him? Besides everybody of course.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Wise man say, 'Wait until game over before declaring winner'. Very sage advice.

Stop releasing same game, year after year!