Madden 25 Scrubs Aaron Hernandez From Existence

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Madden 25 Scrubs Aaron Hernandez From Existence

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/LiterallyLowe/statuses/353918876767096832]​
EA Sports has removed former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who is currently facing murder charges, from both Madden NFL 25 and NCAA Football 14.

NFL player Aaron Hernandez was charged with the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd on June 26 and faces a possible sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted. He was released by the New England Patriots very shortly after his arrest, and has now been released by EA Sports as well.

"We have made a decision to remove Aaron Hernandez from Madden NFL 25 and NCAA Football 14," EA Sports said in a statement. "Because NCAA Football 14 was finalized prior to our decision, Hernandez' image still appears in the Nike Skills Trainer. However, he is not in the game, and anyone who unlocks that particular Nike Skills Trainer reward will receive an Alex Smith Ultimate Team player item instead. The image of Hernandez will be removed via a Title Update in the near future."

Hernandez's release from the Patriots means he'll lose nearly $20 million in salary; he's also lost multiple endorsements, and perhaps most ignominiously of all, the Patriots held an exchange program [http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-ProShop-To-Offer-Free-Exchange-On-81-Jerseys-July-6-7/f0e0d7e3-cb8f-442f-9a48-29f1e551b228] that let owners of officially licensed Hernandez jerseys swap them for one belonging to any other player on the team. Nearly 1200 jerseys were exchanged on the first day.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/accused-murderer-aaron-hernandez-removed-from-ncaa-14-and-madden/]

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Disgusting how hes being treated as guilty by his employers before he has even had his trial.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
OK, from what I've heard it doesn't look good for Hernandez. There's texts, there's security footage, everything points towards him. However, there doesn't seem to be any solid evidence that he did it and I really think things are getting out of hand right now. Let there be a trial first, then judge.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Well, that's what you get when you (allegedly) kill the All Father!

I guess it kind of makes sense to remove him from the game if he is no longer playing for that team. Whether it was fair to boot him from said team in the first place is another kettle of societal rage.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
What an absolute waste of talent...

I do agree that everyone should have waited for an actual conviction to take place before cutting ties but once the Patriots dumped him (and began distancing themselves so fiercely like the "jersey swap" [http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744959/fans-line-up-for-hernandez-jersey-exchange] they just had), it would be virtually impossible for anyone to officially support him.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
Woo-hoo! Another man who's been ruined by the court of popular opinion! We sure are seeing a lot of these guys lately.

So if he is found innocent how much is the DLC of him gonna cost?

Jaegerwolf

Sep 29, 2010
Trucken said:
OK, from what I've heard it doesn't look good for Hernandez. There's texts, there's security footage, everything points towards him. However, there doesn't seem to be any solid evidence that he did it and I really think things are getting out of hand right now. Let there be a trial first, then judge.
Supposedly they've got footage of him stopping at a gas station and buying cotton candy flavored gum, and then finding that same kind of gum at the crime scene. Don't know if DNA testing has been done but its still kind of damning all else considered.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Jaegerwolf said:
Trucken said:
Supposedly they've got footage of him stopping at a gas station and buying cotton candy flavored gum, and then finding that same kind of gum at the crime scene. Don't know if DNA testing has been done but its still kind of damning all else considered.
I'd consider that a medium link at best. I mean, I chew cotton candy gum, too...

OT: Well, it was to be expected. Hilariously, Cracked just put up an article of 6 Insanely Reckless Media Accusations That Ruined Lives, and I wonder if this is the seventh.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
kael013 said:
Woo-hoo! Another man who's been ruined by the court of popular opinion! We sure are seeing a lot of these guys lately.

There won't be. The accusation alone is sufficient to completely ruin his career, regardless of whether he's convicted.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
oh who cares, its just someone who can throw ball well, not someone who doing research, developing space travel, or something else that important to society.

Ya may be a bit hypocrital of me since I am a gamer, but seriously this guys skills at throwing ball vs my skills as a gamer may not mean much to society, but for doing what he does, and how much he got paid for it, I am cutting him little slack.

The sooner sports lose this overblown importance the better I say. Then we shall travel into space and develop jetpacks. And it will be more awesome then throwing a bloody ball.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Jaegerwolf said:
Trucken said:
I'd consider that a medium link at best. I mean, I chew cotton candy gum, too...

OT: Well, it was to be expected. Hilariously, Cracked just put up an article of 6 Insanely Reckless Media Accusations That Ruined Lives, and I wonder if this is the seventh.
I saw your comment and googled the article and I have to say it was a very interesting read that was quite honestly scary.

Putting the link here :http://www.cracked.com/article_20148_6-insanely-reckless-media-accusations-that-ruined-lives.html for anyone else who might want to check it out.

Anyway the question here becomes how much evidence do they have on the guy? If there's a mild link at best this may be early but if they have DNA or anything solid I can semi-understand this. Accused of muder doesn't sell tickets or games so naturally every company is gonna avoid this guy like the plaugue.

(I would write more on this but sadly I have a ad blocking half the chat box that I can't move or close for some reason)

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Well, that's a murder confession if I ever saw one.

(I'm being extremely facetious, of course).

Colbster94

Mar 26, 2012
Orks da best said:
oh who cares, its just someone who can throw ball well, not someone who doing research, developing space travel, or something else that important to society.

Ya may be a bit hypocrital of me since I am a gamer, but seriously this guys skills at throwing ball vs my skills as a gamer may not mean much to society, but for doing what he does, and how much he got paid for it, I am cutting him little slack.

The sooner sports lose this overblown importance the better I say. Then we shall travel into space and develop jetpacks. And it will be more awesome then throwing a bloody ball.
He's a Tight End, he CATCHES the ball, get it right before you start acting rude and disrespectful towards people with physical skills and talents.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
The Plunk said:
Because no conviction is necessary for your punishment to begin in the court of public opinion!
J Tyran said:
Disgusting how hes being treated as guilty by his employers before he has even had his trial.
kael013 said:

The charge alone is enough to be released from his contract due to the NFL Player Conduct clause, where any negative spotlight on players in the NFL can result in punishment.

Speaking as both a sports journalist, and Aaron Hernandez being my favorite offensive player in the league, I am saddened by Hernandez doing something so horrible.
Agreed, NFL Contracts are not guaranteed. Players get cut all the time, but this has so much to the point that if anything he is obstructing Justice. And for anyone who knows the owner of the Patriots, Rbert Kraft, he doesn't condone much. As far as EA removing him, well he is not in the NFL right now, so it can make since. I am all for finding people guilty before taking certain actions, but this appears to be overwhelming evidence, something fishy was going on. So NE just washed there hands, and took the hit now.

Side topic.. the stupid popup AD "The Sub" is awful, and keeps popping up over my typing. I can't turn it off. Needless to say, whatever it was advertising is on my list of things to avoid!

Jaegerwolf

Sep 29, 2010
Well at the very least they could probably hit him with destruction of evidence for the smashed phone and security system.

Also don't forget Ray Lewis. He was up for helping kill two guys way back but was not convicted and had a long career.