MadWorld's Jack Fires Up His Chainsaw for Max Anarchy

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
MadWorld's Jack Fires Up His Chainsaw for Max Anarchy

Platinum Games has another violent title in the works that includes the star of MadWorld, but it brings the action online this time.

Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba, previously known for titles such as Okami [http://www.amazon.com/God-Hand-Playstation-2/dp/B000FG65EE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296052091&sr=8-1], recently talked to Famitsu magazine about a new upcoming title called Max Anarchy. Inaba teases Max Anarchy as a unique online action game with the violent style of Madworld.

Max Anarchy is said to be in a completely new type of genre. Inaba best describes it as "Massively Multiplayer Melee Fighting Action," but it'll probably just feature a "large number" of players online at once and won't be a full-fledged MMO. The exact number of players that can join a game wasn't revealed.

Details are still somewhat vague, but a single Max Anarchy screenshot shows the player lifting an enemy off the ground with a chainsaw attack, while another enemy wearing a hood and a hockey mask sneaks up from behind to attack with a torch. That certainly sounds like the style of MadWorld to me. Inaba said players will strengthen their abilities over time and engage in group fights where they could end up surrounded.

Max Anarchy will also include a single player mode with a "solid story," in addition to co-op and free-for-all multiplayer modes. Platinum is bringing back MadWorld star Jack as a side-character even though he has nothing to do with Max Anarchy's world, just because the studio likes him so much. Maybe Max Anarchy will bring Jack to a wider audience this time.

Sega is publishing Max Anarchy on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It's expected to be released in Japan in fall 2011.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/26/inaba_max_anarchy/]

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Do you know what would have been way more cooler. If they called it 'God Hand online', and they just put the ending credits theme on repeat.

Now that is a MMO I would $15 on a month.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
icyneesan said:
Do you know what would have been way more cooler. If they called it 'God Hand online', and they just put the ending credits theme on repeat.

Or just have the God Hand protagonist lose his other arm and have it replaced with a chainsaw. Who needs plot at that point?

Apr 28, 2008
Well that sure sounds interesting. I loved Madworld. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

icyneesan said:

Agreed.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Delock said:
icyneesan said:

Or just have the God Hand protagonist lose his other arm and have it replaced with a chainsaw. Who needs plot at that point?
Thats a more solid plot that some other MMOs I've seen

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Is it for the Wii only? Because I doubt how the Online will catch up with that kind of support.
Tom Goldman said:
Sega is publishing Max Anarchy on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It's expected to be released in Japan in fall 2011.
I'm waiitng for the anarchists to comment on this thread and call for improper use of the word.

Sir-Bearus

Nov 10, 2010
So it's like a Madworld MMO?
sigh*
I think I need new pants...
Man that sounds like the best idea ever, something to do in an MMO, unlike WoW which has you fetch questing for hours and hours on end (ok to be fair that was my experience from the demo of cataclysm)