Maestro, Your DS

CorvusE

Sep 13, 2006
Maestro, Your DS

If Ubisoft's recent announcement of French and Spanish educational titles for the Nintendo DS didn't strike a chord with you, perhaps Agetec's Rhythm 'n Notes will.

Touted as the perfect mixture of fun and education, Rhythm 'n Notes aims to teach players the basics of musical composition with tonal and rhythmic games based on piano and drums. With beginner, advanced and open practice modes, players will learn to recognize notes, chords and advanced rhythmic patterns.

With the onslaught of educational title announcements, we fully expect public schools to issue a Nintendo DS to every elementary school students within five years.

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
Holy crap, that sounds awesome (and I say that as someone who has been playing the piano for 22 years). Does it have a release date?

...and I still need to track down a copy of Electroplankton.

Ian Dorsch

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah, it does sound neat. Maybe it will help make up for the slashing of funding to public school music programs all around the country. It's alright, parents! Nintendo will prevent your children from becoming soulless drones! :)

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Ian Dorsch said:
Yeah, it does sound neat. Maybe it will help make up for the slashing of funding to public school music programs all around the country. It's alright, parents! Nintendo will prevent your children from becoming soulless drones! :)
Nah, that's what rockers turned music teachers are for. "Class, this is Zappa ... take notes."

Ian Dorsch

Jul 11, 2006
Russ Pitts said:
Nah, that's what rockers turned music teachers are for. "Class, this is Zappa ... take notes."
If I ever teach a music appreciation class that is definitely going to happen.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I'd move to the pacific northwest to send my kids to that class. You know, if I had any. Or was planning to.

CorvusE

Sep 13, 2006
Russ Pitts said:
I'd move to the pacific northwest to send my kids to that class. You know, if I had any. Or was planning to.
Or if Zappa were still alive.

I guess Moon Unit or Dweezil would probably be available!