Mafia 1 remake coming - along with Mafia 2 remastered

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
...I JUST bought the Mafia games on PC, too. Hopefully, Mafia: Definitive Edition will fix the main issue I've had with Mafia, which is the really wonky controls on PC.

And I also agree with the first comment I saw on the video: "These announcements for the announcement really need to stop."

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA

YAY!! for Mafia 1 Remake OMG OMG OMG one of the best game ever.

fine for Mafia 2 remastered its good.

nay for Mafia 3 its useless.
Not really a big deal, but you guys should try and link to actual Escapist articles instead if we covered the news...helps us out a bit and gets more of you actually checking out the content on the frontpage lol.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Not really a big deal
It is kind of a big deal though. We are all on this website, presumably because we enjoy it and its content. We should want to see it do well. This can be fixed. I remember when content creators used to post topics about their content on the forums with links to said content. It was a good practice.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

YAY!! for Mafia 1 Remake OMG OMG OMG one of the best game ever.

fine for Mafia 2 remastered its good.

nay for Mafia 3 its useless.
Mafia 3 is underrated, right up there with Mad Max. Melee is the best in the series and the gunplay is solid for this kind of game. The story is also very well done. Taking over territories and getting perks that actually help is nice.

The biggest flaws would be easily exploitable AI and it did get repetitive with too many territories being rinse/repeat. If anything this game deserves a proper remaster because its visuals suffered especially from being in development hell.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Mafia 3 is underrated, right up there with Max Max. Melee is the best in the series and the gunplay is solid for this kind of game. The story is also very well done. Taking over territories and getting perks that actually help is nice.

The biggest flaws would be easily exploitable AI and it did get repetitive with too many territories being rinse/repeat. If anything this game deserves a proper remaster because its visuals suffered especially from being in development hell.
The problem I had with Mafia 3 is I just lost interest in it as things never felt like they evolved. The game needed a bit of variety in the way you took over territories, or at very least a wider array of takedown animations and conversations, because it just got overly reptitive for me and I had to bail out. It had a great opening act though.

B-cell

Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
The problem I had with Mafia 3 is I just lost interest in it as things never felt like they evolved. The game needed a bit of variety in the way you took over territories, or at very least a wider array of takedown animations and conversations, because it just got overly reptitive for me and I had to bail out. It had a great opening act though.
the problem with Mafia 3 is they just ditch the uniquness about mafia and turn it into GTA clone by making it fully open world. Mafia is divided into chapters, its linear shooter set in sandbox world. and unlike GTA, no stupid pizza delivery missions etc.

also no hats and suits means no Mafia.

Mafia 1 remake going to make third person games great again.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
the problem with Mafia 3 is they just ditch the uniquness about mafia and turn it into GTA clone by making it fully open world. Mafia is divided into chapters, its linear shooter set in sandbox world. and unlike GTA, no stupid pizza delivery missions etc.

also no hats and suits means no Mafia.

Mafia 1 remake going to make third person games great again.
You can't make Mafia games great again if all you are doing is remaking the only good Mafia game.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Cool, Mafia 2 and 3 Remasters are already available for those with the original games or preorders of the new collection.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Cool, Mafia 2 and 3 Remasters are already available for those with the original games or preorders of the new collection.
I can personally confirm that this is true. I own all three games on Steam due to a Humble sale about a week ago, and I just checked my library. All three Mafia Definitive Versions are in my library, with absolutely no input on my end.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I can personally confirm that this is true. I own all three games on Steam due to a Humble sale about a week ago, and I just checked my library. All three Mafia Definitive Versions are in my library, with absolutely no input on my end.

It’s a pretty nice surprise that has me tempted to ignore my backlog some more and try out Mafia 2 again as I haven’t played it since original release. Really curious to see how they handle the first game though. The driving was really dull given you could only go about 5mph in those jalopies. I still remember that 30’s swing tune that played whenever you got into a car too.

Yeah, that game could especially use a big refresh. I’d play it again just to see how they handle that iconic farm shootout scene.