MAGFest To Rock Washington, D.C., January 1-4, 2010

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
MAGFest To Rock Washington, D.C., January 1-4, 2010

Like videogames? Like music? How about videogame music? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may want to make the trek to Washington, D.C., next weekend for the eighth annual Music And Gaming Festival.

From Friday, January 1 until Monday, January 4, fans of videogame music far and wide will descend upon the Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, for The OneUps
Metroid Metal
Armcannon
Select Start
The Megas
Entertainment System
Temp Sound Solutions
This Place Is Haunted
Armadillo Tank
Rare Candy
A_Rival
The Smash BrothersAnd if those names don't get you fired up, maybe one of these special guests will:Sid Meier, Director of Creative Development at Firaxis Games and Civilization creator
Matt Mercer and Zach Grafton, creators of the hit web series "There Will Be Brawl"
Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem
Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany, creator of the fan parody "YuGiOh: The Abridged Series"
James Rolfe, aka the Angry Videogame Nerd and owner of http://www.cinemassacre.com/

If you're within a few hours of D.C., it should be well worth the drive and the $40 entry fee. Last year's MAGFest featured the live debut of Metroid Metal, and with the band's first album, Varia Suite, under their belt, their live show promises to be even stronger this year. Check out a video of their performance at MAGFest 7 below, and miss them again at your own peril.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Oh, I'm so forcing my parents to let me go. Chances are I'll probably be in that area anyway.

I just hope all the ice here melts before the event starts.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Man, this title led me to believe it was about the game coming for the PS3. I've been had!
Sounds interesting though....

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I already got everything set up to go.

If you see a black guy looking like K' [http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1898/kofkof9.png] from the King of Fighters games, that'll be me. :p

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I soooooo Wanna go there...

http://www.youtube.com/user/nsrrenard

That master of Techno, is a playing there.

He makes some good music :)

Alotak

May 14, 2008
Dammnit i was , looking for a MAG fest.
Massive Action Game.

Looks cool anyway!!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I was able to make it to MAGFest VII last January. It was like a giant, non-stop party. In the four days I attended, I think I got about three hours of sleep, and yet I didn't feel tired at all. There was just too much to do for me to spend my time sleeping!

I can't make it this year, but I'm sure it'll be bigger and better.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
This can't be a coincidence.

The title has the word MAG in it, and it ends on January 4th, the day the MAG open beta opens, i saw that MAG, i see what your doing you cheeky bastardies.

O.T. I havent heard of any of those bands, i would probably go if Marty Odonell was, im not even much of a halo fan i just LOVE the ODST soundtrack too much.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
wish I could be there, but the choices are either be home with food and a party, or stay in DC for a couple of days in the cold and snow and then head back up in 4 days for class.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wish I could be in attendance for that! Ah well...I will hopefully catch clips on YT!

Nick The Newbie

Mar 19, 2009
Mcface said:
Who?
never heard of any of them.
There are actually a bunch of good bands in there. Check out metroid metal, even if you don't recognize the source material, it's still pretty good stuff.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Nick The Newbie said:
Mcface said:
Who?
never heard of any of them.
There are actually a bunch of good bands in there. Check out metroid metal, even if you don't recognize the source material, it's still pretty good stuff.
I certainly don't (I was more a Sega fan than Nintendo, not to mention my mom didn't even let me get near video games until I was about 11), but that sounds like an awesome song by an awesome band.

Can't wait until next week, I tell ya. I haven't been this excited for a con since Otakon back in July.