Magic Origins: Designing the Swan Song of Core Sets

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Magic Origins: Designing the Swan Song of Core Sets

We sit down with Shawn Main, lead designer of Magic Origins.

Read Full Article

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
We need more Flip PWs. Little kitty cat Ajani and dragonling Bolas! Atleast Tiny can have an affordable Grixis leader.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Imre Csete said:
We need more Flip PWs. Little kitty cat Ajani and dragonling Bolas! Atleast Tiny can have an affordable Grixis leader.
Heh, you've spawned quite the discussion at the office. Though we agree that Bolas should just be an egg with a text "Soon."

Other ideas include just being a box of parts with Uzra looking on in the background.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
An interview! Thanks for that, it was quite informative.

Still, you should have tried to pry out information on zendi fetches :p

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
I love reading these MTG articles and posts, especially right now when I can't really afford to buy cards.

When I saw the Transform Planeswalker card I did flip though, I got a sudden rush of hype at the prospect of cards that represent the Spark awakening in a person transforming them into a Planeswalker. Mainly because, back in 2012, I was reading an MTG fan forum where they talked about working out a "Awakening Planeswalker" card, and the suggestion was a Transform card that uses a trigger to flip into a Planeswalker. To see it actually be a card now is just grand.