Mahalo: MLB 12 The Show: How To Make The Most of the Worst Teams

Mahalo

Feb 22, 2012
MLB 12 The Show: How To Make The Most of the Worst Teams

Some helpful hints on how to win with a poorly ranked team.

Watch Video

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Cool video. I always play with the rockies, myself. Playing with a low ranked team is always more fun and satisfying. I play madden alot, and almost always go with the rams. They're one of the worst ranked, but so intensely fun to play with especially since every other online player assumes they can beat me. And it's very satisfying to beat high ranked teams on sports games, which is all you ever play against because everybody is a fair weather or bandwagon fan....

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Its too bad it takes a machine to actually help the Pirates win.

and by the way, as a pittsburgher, its honestly sad hearing that the "big bats" are McCutchen and walker, when one is hardly a major leaguer on just about any other team and the other a mid level player. and i have to disagree, the pirates are exactly as bad if not worse than what they look like. They have no heart or drive to play, which you can see in Pedro this year and in Cideno. at least in real life.

yes, on any given day, any team can beat any team. but theres 162(?) days and the pirates cant even go .500 of those.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Wooo TWINS!!! Quest for 100 starts again this year!...wait...100 losses? That doesn't sound good...

So since I can't seem to find anyone who reviews this game with the Move in mind, does anyone know if it's worth getting with the Move? I don't own the game nor the Move, so it'd be about a $120 investment for me to get what I need but I think it'd be a blast.

Some_Jackass

Aug 7, 2008
...Guess the advice here is dont play with the Astros for a season unless Rodriguez starts 162 all games.
Any team can beat any other team? If you really wanted to drive that point home, shouldve had more one sided matchups like Astros v Phillies and Twins v Yankees.

j1-2themax

Jun 30, 2008
@Some_Jackass: The teams each other team was playing was a team at the top of of the same division (the Brewers and Cardinals finished one-two in the NL Central, and Cleveland was second in the AL Central last year.)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
-snip-

I will accept you are from Pittsburgh. I cannot that you are a baseball fan.

McCutchen is rated as one of the top young players in baseball, Garrett Jones is as well. Walker is one of the better second basemen in the NL central. Honestly, the pirates will probably win 85 games thumis year.
Hehehe, thats funny. I think (i wanna say know, but I dont think I have future sight yet), that we'll go under 500 once again, for 20 losing seasons. You cant build a team around crap pitching (because in reality it is, and the guy we picked up from the yankees isnt there to be a major pitcher, he's far too old to be doing that), and three bats in the weakest division of the conference (because you cant look me in the face and tell me now that the brewers have lost fielder and the cards pojuls that thy'll be as potent. already those two losses are being billed as the pirates saving grace and could maybe get them a division win).

Walker can play (and dont get me wrong, I like the guy. Hes got the heart to play and is the only one that seems to have any life when tits go up), but hes hardly a great batter, and certainly not one you advertise as the big bat. McCutchen i said is good, but again, this is the weakest division, and he wouldnt shine as bright on most of the other teams. and Id idnt mention Garrett, but youre right hes good. which is why its only a matter of time before he and mccutchen are traded away, and im sure walker will go too.

Being a pirates fan isnt about looking at your best players, cause they have a habit of disappearing. if wilson hadnt been the face of the pirates to pittsbugh, he would have went too. and looking at what the rest we have, im not impressed at all.

and youre right, im not a baseball fan. I'll admit it. i dont have faith in the buccos, and never will. Not as long as the current ownership keeps them. Im an oakland fan despite never being to oakland, and thats only cause when i was asked to pick a baseball team in school i picked them cause they matched our school colours. Im a hockey fan, have been since 95, so i know adversity a team can go through, watching the Pens struggle. but the Pirates dont even make the attempt.