Mahalo: Star Wars The Old Republic: Hutta

Mahalo

Feb 22, 2012
Star Wars The Old Republic: Hutta

Take a closer look at the Hutta planet.

Watch Video

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Very interesting. Makes me want to get the game buuut :/ perscription fees. yes i mean perscription, MMO=addiction

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Okay, better this time, but I once again ask "who is the target audience"? At first it just sounded like a planetary overview (to which I responded "the game's site covers this"), then a map overview (to which I felt "can't you just check your in-game minimap), and the only piece of information that seemed to be of actual import was the tip about following the pipe to the last data module (though I have no idea if this is covered in-game or if you can simply swim to the island regardless of the pipe).

That's the big question you need to consider, Mahalo: "Who am I making this for? What purpose does this serve and to who?"

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Active Schizophrenic said:
This guy is still on the escapist? why?
I don't know... It's not that it's bad, it's just not the kind of content that should be up here. We need more things like Space Janitors or Anthony Saves the World or Extra Credits, not... something you can find 1000 of on Youtube.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
This is the sort of thing that should be on a SWTOR fansite. Well definitely not this exact video, it's not very well made.

Why are Escapist hosting guides to an MMO at all? It's most odd.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I found this somewhat entertaining. Not that I'll buy the game, because of Origin, but I don't mind watching one of these things every now and then. It's not like I have any interest in hunting through YouTube for these sorts of videos, so I don't mind them occasionally showing up on the Escapist.

Apr 28, 2008
Telperion said:
I found this somewhat entertaining. Not that I'll buy the game, because of Origin, but I don't mind watching one of these things every now and then. It's not like I have any interest in hunting through YouTube for these sorts of videos, so I don't mind them occasionally showing up on the Escapist.
Just so you know, you don't need Origin to buy or play this game.

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
cricket chirps said:
Very interesting. Makes me want to get the game buuut :/ perscription fees. yes i mean perscription, MMO=addiction
Are you sure you don't mean 'prescription'? As for 'MMO=addiction', bearing in mind that I just resubscribed after a three week break from the game I'd have to disagree with you.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Irridium said:
Then how come the official FAQ (http://www.swtor.com/info/faq) for the game says I do?

EDIT: or, did I understand that wrong? Do I just need an Origin account? Not an actual installation of Origin?

EDIT2: Huh...apparently I don't need to have Origin installed. Okay, cool, I'll have think about getting this game now.

Apr 28, 2008
Telperion said:
Irridium said:
Then how come the official FAQ (http://www.swtor.com/info/faq) for the game says I do?
You need an Origin account, not Origin itself. Or, they say that, but I've heard people being able to play with just creating a swtor.com account.

For me, I bought the physical copy, and only needed to use my swtor account.

EDIT: And you seemed to have learned all this right before I posted. Alright then. Damn ninja edit...

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
catalyst8 said:
cricket chirps said:
Are you sure you don't mean 'prescription'? As for 'MMO=addiction', bearing in mind that I just resubscribed after a three week break from the game I'd have to disagree with you.
Was not hating on MMO's i genuinly meant that i want to get TOR. I just dislike the monthly fees to play a game you already paid for. There is no "sevice" your paying for. You are just paying to use something you already "bought" and that is a bad practice in my opinion.

OT: Come on man, it was meant to be funny, you don't need to go grammer nazi on me. People make typos, never use that to make a point.