Mahalo: Star Wars The Old Republic: Jedi Knight

Mahalo

Feb 22, 2012
Star Wars The Old Republic: Jedi Knight

Take the beginning journey with the Jedi Knight through The Old Republic.

Watch Video

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Uh... what was the point of this video? Don't Jedi Knight preview videos already cover the opening segment... and are CONCISE about it? If I wanted to see a full playthrough of the Jedi Knight segment's starting area, I'd watch the whole bloody thing on Youtube. Snipping together a bunch of the cutscenes smacks of laziness, especially if you're going to have a complete and utter lack of commentary.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
honestly I played swtor for 2 weeks as a sorcerer and completed the game and all the operations with my pre-made guild is entirely pointless as an mmo in my opinion
it's a story driven game and it just 'ends' at endgame and there is literally no content for you any-more and simply farming credits is boring

the pvp is ok, but it fails to hold my interest long enough to reach rank 60 ( where you actually get some decent rewards )
not to mention people exploiting in illum got it for free, in about an hour..

swtor would be a nice game but ALL the multi-player systems are broken and annoying
essentially it's a single-player game with tacked on multi-player and not a true mmo

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
... what is this I don't even...
This appears to be 10 minutes of un-narrated Let's Play. I don't really get its point, at all. Is this a partnership with a less-interesting game video maker, like the whole GINX thing? It's not working, at least right now.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
What was the point of this video exactly? A 10 minute video of Tython with little gameplay, no commentary and the dialogue scenes with half the dialogue cut out. This series is worse than I Hit It With My Axe.

Both the video's you've put up on this site have been truly pointless, completely unhelpful and uninteresting. I won't be watching any more of your videos because they're a complete waste of time.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Not entirely sure what you're going for here bud. I'm going to keep watching though, to see what this is actually about.

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
Not that I'm usually one coming into threads of other games with my shoes, but after watching many hours of GW2 gameplay footage, I couldn't help but to laugh in pity while watching this. It's so bad, especially fights, that it's hilarious. Insane that this game has sub fee.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
What is the point of this video?

your skyrim video had a point but it was was inaccurate

this is just ten minuets of The old republic. there is no comentary, just cut scenes, and very little gameplay. there is no point to this video. i have a feeling you are trolling people

if i wanted to watch Star Wars The Old Republic videos i would on youtube and it would be less dull and pointless then this video

i gave you a second chance and you failed once again. your videos are not worth my time
in short
fun fact
this video more entertaining then both your videos combined

May 17, 2010
What is this? I get the skyrim video, I mean that was idiotic and wrong but it was at least about telling people how to play as a rogue, but this, this is moronic. Someone got paid for this?

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
If you were trying to convince me that Star Wars The Old Republic will be free to play within 12 months, well guess what?

You just convinced me.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
Um, MaHalo? I would like to tell you this isn't YouTube. We here like it when the videos that are put here is more that a simple video of the tutorial of a video game, that has no creative content. I'll give you a couple more shots, but you are not giving a good first impression so far.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
General Vengeance said:
If you were trying to convince me that Star Wars The Old Republic will be free to play within 12 months, well guess what?

You just convinced me.
Most successful MMO launch in history--highest retention rate and highest number of paying subscribers.

That is all.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
First the laughably inaccurate Skyrim Rogue video, and then this?! I'm open to seeing new regular content on here, but these Mahalo videos are obviously not working out.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I'm not exactly to sure why this video is getting a lot of shit. It seems to just be a promo video showing off the basics of the game. I've barely seen anything of this game before now, and I'm surprised as to how it plays. Wasn't aware that your character was actually given a voice in this MMO. And while I still think that MMO combat is shitty, that actually looked bearable.

And Mahalo has been around the websites longer than I think YouTube was a thing. Interesting to see them on the Escapist.

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
JoesshittyOs said:
I'm not exactly to sure why this video is getting a lot of shit. It seems to just be a promo video showing off the basics of the game. I've barely seen anything of this game before now, and I'm surprised as to how it plays. Wasn't aware that your character was actually given a voice in this MMO. And while I still think that MMO combat is shitty, that actually looked bearable.

And Mahalo has been around the websites longer than I think YouTube was a thing. Interesting to see them on the Escapist.
It's getting so much crap because it's only showing half the dialogue and many of the player responses are cut out.

Tython has at least 30 mins of pure dialogue even if you cut out all the combat and travel and ignore the side quest.

They cut it down to 10 mins pretty much skipping over 66% of the Tython story.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I was expecting something a bit like the last video where it tells you about the Jedi knight class and how to play it (though the last video was woefully underdeveloped). I was waiting for the narration and gameplay to kick in. As far as I can see this video is just a heavily edited playthrough with no real information or commentary on the game. It's just a big spoiler.

The phrase I'd use to describe it best is "No added value". What does it do except show us cutscenes from the game? Unless you have a class project to briefly describe the story in that level it is no use. This seems so sub-par for a site like the Escapist.

May 17, 2010
JoesshittyOs said:

I think part of the problem is having a promo video not being outright called a promo video is kind of sneaky. The voice acted main character thing suprises me, I knew the game had voice actecd characters and I never played it, it was mentioned a lot in the hype for the game.

Really it's a question fo what was the point of this, was it to tell us how to play the Jedi Knight? As it didn't do that at all. Was it to showcase the dialogue in the Jed i Knight part of the game? Why would you do that?

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Most successful MMO launch in history--highest retention rate and highest number of paying subscribers.

That is all.
Not that I particularly agree or disagree... but... citation please. Back your claim up with some sources and numbers. I'm curious.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:

This is just a compilation of cutscenes haphazardly slapped together. I have no clue how you think that is "promotional" material, especially since it's ten minutes of virtually nothing but dialogue.