Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Why are so many people so cruel and dismissive every time one of these videos gets put up? I don't care for them and I don't watch them. But I do come in to read the comments out of curiosity and every time I am reminded how deplorable people can behave in a forum. You'd think these videos were a personal attack. Don't like them? Don't damn well watch them. But don't think it's okay to trash someone's work and attempt to bring them down. Suggest ways to improve if you want to comment.

Saying nothing at all is a lot better than coming off like a wanker because you don't like something.
Because ever since his failed Skyrim videos, Mahalo's been trashing the Escapist server with his/her/their videos that would get a red bar on Youtube.
Then don't watch it.

/end of

Why people feel the need to act like raving asshats every time they dislike something, rather than, say, just not looking at it or suggesting constructive improvements, is beyond me.

Is the video holding peoples' families hostage or something?
Because most of the world has thing called "Freedom of speech", and if we dislike something, we have every damn right to say we don't. You are free to not read our posts if they make you angry.
Actually, most of the world doesn't have freedom of speech, but that aside-I ask again why be an asshat?

"Oh hey, here is a new video from that series I don't like. Should I watch it and then be a raging asshole in the comments about how bad it is? Or should I ignore it and do something useful with my time? Well, I DO have freedom of speech, so I guess I better be a dickhole."

Logics!
So why are you using your free time to insult me instead of doing something useful, hypocrite?
I didn't insult you. I quite clearly said several times "people who act like asshats". If you think that refers to you, then you are assigning yourself that label, lol.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Why are so many people so cruel and dismissive every time one of these videos gets put up? I don't care for them and I don't watch them. But I do come in to read the comments out of curiosity and every time I am reminded how deplorable people can behave in a forum. You'd think these videos were a personal attack. Don't like them? Don't damn well watch them. But don't think it's okay to trash someone's work and attempt to bring them down. Suggest ways to improve if you want to comment.

Saying nothing at all is a lot better than coming off like a wanker because you don't like something.
Because ever since his failed Skyrim videos, Mahalo's been trashing the Escapist server with his/her/their videos that would get a red bar on Youtube.
Then don't watch it.

/end of

Why people feel the need to act like raving asshats every time they dislike something, rather than, say, just not looking at it or suggesting constructive improvements, is beyond me.

Because most of the world has thing called "Freedom of speech", and if we dislike something, we have every damn right to say we don't. You are free to not read our posts if they make you angry.
Actually, most of the world doesn't have freedom of speech, but that aside-I ask again why be an asshat?

"Oh hey, here is a new video from that series I don't like. Should I watch it and then be a raging asshole in the comments about how bad it is? Or should I ignore it and do something useful with my time? Well, I DO have freedom of speech, so I guess I better be a dickhole."

Logics!
So why are you using your free time to insult me instead of doing something useful, hypocrite?
I didn't insult you. I quite clearly said several times "people who act like asshats". If you think that refers to you, then you are assigning yourself that label, lol.
No, actually, you were using poorly constructed sarcastic sentences to insult me, calling me "dickhole" and "raging asshole", now you're trying to cover it up with more sarcasm.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Abedeus said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:

Then don't watch it.

/end of

Logics!
No, actually, you were using poorly constructed sarcastic sentences to insult me, calling me "dickhole" and "raging asshole", now you're trying to cover it up with more sarcasm.
No, actually, I couldn't care less about you and don't know why you feel the need to continue this conversation.

My original post: why do people act like assholes.

You: because we can.

Me: that's stupid. Why act like a dick because you can?

You: bohoo, you called me a dick.

Not only was I not talking to you directly, you called yourself a dickhole by implying I was talking to you at all.

Smooth move. Keep that ego in check.