Main character deaths that would have fixed everything.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Innegativeion said:
Liudeius said:
But if he were killed just before that, it would all be ok.
Well, then the government gets to use the blacklight virus however they please. That could be as bad or worse.
I actually only just finished the mission which showed the very start of the infection so I don't know if there is something else I don't yet know, but the military didn't seem that irresponsible. As far as I can tell (at this point) they were just trying to use it to cure every disease to every exist. Granted they messed up at least once already, but I don't remember anything about trying to weaponize it.
It's just like those small pox samples that still exist today. Far more deadly yes, but I haven't heard of any of those samples getting out.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
this isnt my name said:
The main character in singularity.
Hmmm maybe jack i Bioshock, its roughly the same.
Singularity yes. Bioshock...the plot wouldn't have happened but non of it would/did affect the rest of the world either way so the girls wouldnt have been saved without you. (assumes good playthrough)

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
shadowform said:
Not necessarily 'better', but if Vaan had died off ten minutes into Final Fantasy 12, the game wouldn't have changed in any significant way...
It's funny cause its true. Seriously, Vaan had no reason to be in that story. He was basically there to give the game enough characters to have two full parties. Worse yet, he was a complete idiot. In one scene, Balthier and Basch tell him not to mention who they are because there are a lot of Empiral troops around. Vaan then promptly walks up to a kid he doesn't know, Larsa aka the Emperor's son, and blurts out their names. I wish I was making that up. Vaan just fails too hard.

OT: It seems that we would have been better of without Nathan Drake in Uncharted 2. Don't get me wrong, I loved that game, but it seems that the villains would never have gotten anywhere without him. He was always solving the puzzles for them, then getting caught.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
bombadilillo said:
Innegativeion said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Ganondorf WOULD have gotten the Emerald because he infected the GDT with that bug thing. And don't forget he was a master chessmaster. He probably would have tricked the Gorons into waging war against the Zoras or something and took their magic rocks in the chaos. Don't forget Ganondorf already ruled the Gerudos AND worked his way into the inner circle of the King of Hyrule and wow I'm a nerd for knowing all this.
I think Deku said Ganon put the curse on his as punishment for not giving him the emerald. If he couldn't pry the tree's mouth open while alive, I doubt he'd be able to after he's petrified.

And remember, Zelda(who has the 4th key to the door) escapes Ganondorf. He may have found her had he kept chasing instead of following Link, but remember she and impa are able to elude him for 7 years, whilst he sits on his arse playing a creepy organ, sending his minions to eff up the kingdom.

If adult Zelda returns ready to reclaim the throne before Ganondorf opens the door (which he can't without Zelda), I don't think I'd have to think hard about which individual the subjects of Hyrule would trust more.
Yes, this is what I was talking about. I replayed OOT tons back in the day. And I also felt wrong at the start, knowing I was just gathering these stones to gift Ganondorf the world.
Bear in mind though that Zelda's (and I presume the Deku tree's as well) was for you to get the stones, open the door, get the Master Sword, beat Ganondorf, and save Hyrule. She hadn't anticipated that you'd be sealed away for 7 years and as a result of opening the door to get the Master Sword, Ganondorf would be able to seize the Triforce.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
bombadilillo said:
Innegativeion said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Ganondorf WOULD have gotten the Emerald because he infected the GDT with that bug thing. And don't forget he was a master chessmaster. He probably would have tricked the Gorons into waging war against the Zoras or something and took their magic rocks in the chaos. Don't forget Ganondorf already ruled the Gerudos AND worked his way into the inner circle of the King of Hyrule and wow I'm a nerd for knowing all this.
I think Deku said Ganon put the curse on his as punishment for not giving him the emerald. If he couldn't pry the tree's mouth open while alive, I doubt he'd be able to after he's petrified.

And remember, Zelda(who has the 4th key to the door) escapes Ganondorf. He may have found her had he kept chasing instead of following Link, but remember she and impa are able to elude him for 7 years, whilst he sits on his arse playing a creepy organ, sending his minions to eff up the kingdom.

If adult Zelda returns ready to reclaim the throne before Ganondorf opens the door (which he can't without Zelda), I don't think I'd have to think hard about which individual the subjects of Hyrule would trust more.
Yes, this is what I was talking about. I replayed OOT tons back in the day. And I also felt wrong at the start, knowing I was just gathering these stones to gift Ganondorf the world.
Bear in mind though that Zelda's (and I presume the Deku tree's as well) was for you to get the stones, open the door, get the Master Sword, beat Ganondorf, and save Hyrule. She hadn't anticipated that you'd be sealed away for 7 years and as a result of opening the door to get the Master Sword, Ganondorf would be able to seize the Triforce.
Yes, but Ganondorf couldnt get into the temple of time, and had link not existed he wouldnt have been able to. I guess he could have gathered them himself, but he wouldnt have had the Ocarina of time to open it!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
kratos the guy is pretty much responsible for destroying the world

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
JasonKaotic said:
War in Darksiders?
[HEADING=1]"To Hell with your claims!!"[/HEADING]

OT: I agree with Jason here.

While I am looking forward to another Darksiders adventure as Death, I think the game would have had some overall better closure had War actually perished for real at the end of the game. I love the character to death, but being a tragic hero would have made his sacrifice all the more worthwhile.

My opinion, anyway.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
bombadilillo said:
TheIronRuler said:
Radoh said:
DJDandeelion said:
[prototype]
That one doesn't work. Because you see...
The man Alex Mercer is already dead. He dies when he releases the plague before the game begins. The living embodiment of the infection just uses Alex's form for convenience/ as an imprint.

OT: Kratos. Seriously, kill him off anywhere in the story and the world is better. Before he kills Ares in GoW1 and you don't get dick Kratos mashing up everything in his grand Sparta campaign at the beginning of Gow2. Kill him in GoW2 before he kills anyone else and he won't screw the ENTIRE WORLD over in GoW3. Man does nothing but break the planet.
I agree.
If they had killed him in the end of the first I think it might have been an actual Greek tragedy, which would have made the game epic. I tell you, EPIC in the very Greek meaning of the word.
Then they could have made all of those prequels and kill other gods they've forgotten about.
OMG yes. In the grand tradition of the Greek tragedy and the good (2 season) amines. The protagonist died and finalized the story. There are no what ifs, or fan fiction, or spinoff, the story is told and final and complete.
I've studied literature and though it is a but out of structure I think it could have been a great Greek Tragedy if Kratos would have died after hurling himself from that cliff.
Story told, Sin of Pride acknowledged, Despicable act outside the story (Murder of his family), the few dialogs present in the story only to emphasis how insane kratos is (Though there are some to prologue the game with talk of the side quests) .... Perhaps they could have thrown in that Poseidon scene from GoW 3 and placed it on Ares. That would have made the game complete, showcasing the madness that devoured Kratos.

If they really wanted to continue with him they could have made some prequels or made another Greek tragedy story, perhaps one involving the protagonists mother and half-brother/son hellbent on avenging his mother, since she killed herself.
THAT would be amazing. (A blind,handicapped and hated warrior? I might be pushing it....)

Keldon888

Apr 25, 2009
Ganondorf ruled the race of warriors in Hyrule and was a part of the inner circle of the kingdom and presumably killed the king before he knew link had the stones.

There is no doubt he would have taken Hyrule. And after killing off the guardians of the stones on his own would have taken them. Thinking a dead tree a fish man and a starving race would stop him is stupid.

Links actions put him on the fast track via triforce of power, but with or without him he would have taken hyrule and eventually claimed the triforce anyway.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Cole from Infamous

Then Empire City would not have been destroyed, and Kessler would have to fight The Beast... wait why didn't he use his time travel to fight The Beast in the first place, instead of fucking up his past-self's life.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Colonel Autumn in Fallout 3

When he kills your dad in the chamber. It would have taken seconds to pop in and kill them yourself but the game doesn't let you!

Vivace-Vivian

Apr 6, 2010
Another point to Kratos.

And to be terribly honest Lara Croft in The Last Revelation. I love the game but, it was her foult.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
ayuri said:
TWILIGHT... wait a game?... Gordon Freeman He destroyed black mesa.
He destroyed it? Don't think so. He didn't really... do anything... in the resonance cascade.

It was the G man who brought the crystal that a-sploded Black Mesa, and it was the administrator (Breene) who insisted they rush the experiment.

Oh contrare, things would have gone to shit much faster and much harder if Gordon was killed. We don't know exactly what the real purpose behind the cascade was, how it happened, if it was really an accident, or what.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Radoh said:
OT: Kratos. Seriously, kill him off anywhere in the story and the world is better. Before he kills Ares in GoW1 and you don't get dick Kratos mashing up everything in his grand Sparta campaign at the beginning of Gow2. Kill him in GoW2 before he kills anyone else and he won't screw the ENTIRE WORLD over in GoW3. Man does nothing but break the planet.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. GoW2 and 3 may have been great games, but their storylines just don't satisfy like the first game does, and Kratos dying to Ares probably would have been much more badass if done right, and ten times more meaningful. Rather than being a comedy, be a tragedy; allow the ancient Grecian principles that the gods don't play fair, and will have their way, while men can try to rise above their will, only to show that men are not gods. Glory in failure against impossible odds, like the glory of the 300 spartans at Thermopylae.

The first game may have been half gorn, half story, but the later games were almost purely for gorn. And a shit load of profits.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
JasonKaotic said:
War in Darksiders?
wouldn't work, War didn't cause the end of days, Abbadon did, every thing would have been fucked weather War was there or not.

but OT: Kratos, so much KRATOS, seeing as letting him live after the first one, basic set in motion the end of the world, yeah, he could have just drown an woulda been good, sides, i hate what they did with his character in GoW2 an on

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
The Boss (the protagonist, known as "The Boss" in the game) in Saints Row. He puts and end to the murdering, drug dealing and civilian casualties in Stilwater by

going on a massive rampage that leaves half the city destroyed practically, the chief of police dead, the mayor dead and his main political rival dead and opens the way for Ultor to take over. Ultor doesn't sound so bad in the context of the game, until you realize all the shady stuff that comes from them, especially if you play the Red Faction games. If only the bomb at the end would of killed him.
Then in the second game you recover from your comma to find your gang has been disbanded and three new gangs have taken over and are at a general stand still with each other, then you fuck EVERYTHING up again. At the end you track down Julius who bombed you so you would stop being a murdering bastard and you murder him after he exposes your flaws.