Major Xbox Live Dashboard Update Hits Tomorrow

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
cool then maybe my xbox's money grubbing half ass retards will let me use netflix in canada... whoopee. seriously Xbox can suck steams over engorged well I will let you put in which ever noun you wish. Xbox live lives in the land where 10 bucks buys you 2 hours of dlc on "deal" pricing. Herp durp you can by 3 maps for 12 bucks, urrr or I could buy stalker 1 and its sequel for the same price.

Get with the program xbox, stop running around with your over priced crap and your weak authentication process and let the developers cater to their fans and make you money in their own way. for less than the price of halo reaches soon to be map pack I can buy so much on steam its is unfreaking believable, and I should get the medal linked to my halo account via association.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
Useless crap i will never use and a new ugly interface for a product i will never buy. Plus a price increase.

YAAAAAAAY!

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I swear this update beter allow my wallpapers to show more unlike how the dashboard is now blocking at least more than half of your wallpaper making me buying any theme usless to me.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
If you decline the update out of some kind of misguided hatred for Kinect, you won't be able to connect to Xbox Live. Sorry, the era of Kinect is here, and you'll just have to accept it.
*Unplugs Xbox 360 Wifi*

I don't play online anymore and refuse to pay for that miserable "service" after my own disappointing experiences with Live[footnote]If I wanted to do so, I have a PS3 that's free for online play anyway[/footnote]. But quite frankly, I'm tired of Microsoft shoving their inane dashboard regressions. I detest the current one as it stands and abhor the Avatars even more so. The disproportionate, cartoonish appearance of the Avatars 1.0 at least gives them some distinct, animated charm. The new Kinect-ready Avatards are not improved aesthetically by being more "realistic" in proportions as they look more like out of shape cartoon figures. If only I could turn back to the old blade style dashboard, as I found it more organized, visually pleasing, and distinct.

I sympathize with our foreign friends; I certainly would never use any of the additional features, but it is truly unfortunate that those outside of the U.S. are forced into an otherwise frivolous update.

Negatives aside, I'm sure that the improvement over voice quality will help sooth the bleeding eardrums of those sorry souls pestered by strident morons. Now it's time Microsoft starts working on an electric shock-feedback system for trolls...d

Cmd. Shepard

Sep 27, 2010
Crunchy English said:
Canadians can look forward ot Msn.ca and CBC content on their Xbox... yay? I saw this in Toronto on Monday and was unimpressed.
HAHAHAHA CBC stuff really.....my god, are they trying to make us hate our 360's.....christ at least get CTV, they've got good shows.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'm getting over my hatred for Kinect, I just hope that eventually, some actual games will come out for the damn thing.

And, more to the point: FUCK YEAH, NETFLIX SEARCH!

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
What a horrible looking update. I want the old one back! It's clunky and eye searing, obviously designed to facilitate the wild flailing that kinect is going to entail.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee idgas about kinect , i don't need a browser either ,what i want is access to my hotmail ... yeah i don't have a laptop ,i'm on a pos ps3

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I took part in the Beta for the update. Didn't have one of the Beta Kinect units and I don't have / use Netflix so most of the stuff was cosmetic to me. I still don't like the Zune Marketplace integration, it could still be better. The new ESPN stuff is nice though. The voice quality is better, which is nice. Now my friends don't sound as muffled when talking with them.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Great, now I have to update to THIS version before I can upgrade to the new one. This could get interesting.

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
Hmm, I seem to have lost all my xbox friends after downloading this........strange. And slightly annoying

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee just downloaded the 360 update , not interested in the kinect thing but if ya don't have gold , no msn video or netflix for you and if ya live in canada , still no last fm and no espn ... but we get cbc and it sucks except for hnc (hockey night in canada) for non-canadians...
sry bout the double post ,i forgot to download 360 update and had to make sure it worked