Majora's Mask 3D is Getting a Sweet Collector's Edition

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Majora's Mask 3D is Getting a Sweet Collector's Edition

The Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition comes in a steelbook case, with a poster and a pin.

Update: The collector's edition is now available for pre-order from Nintendo UK's website [http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-majora-s-mask-3d-special-edition/11037906.html] for £44.99 (thanks LaochEire!)

Orignal Story: Zelda fans have been begging Nintendo for a Majora's Mask remake since... well, the GameCube came out, and earlier this month they were finally granted their wish [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138429-Nintendo-Releases-Majoras-Mask-on-3DS]. But Nintendo isn't stopping there, revealing an awesome collector's edition for the game that hardcore fans will be sure to appreciate.

As you'll see from the video to the right, the collector's edition comes in a steelbook case, and includes a pin badge of the titular mask, as well as a double-sided poster. It's a pity that there's no full-sized mask, but hey, it's still a nice little gesture towards Nintendo's most dedicated fans.

Pricing for the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition has yet to be revealed, however, Nintendo stated it will be released alongside the standard edition in Spring 2015. So far the special edition has only been confirmed for Europe - we have reached out to Nintendo of America to see if and when it is coming stateside.

Source: Nintendo UK [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urlpc8bvMEg]

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
This seems a bit late no? Didn't they show the special edition of Majora's Mask with the initial reveal, because I remember seeing pictures of it the day Majora's Mask 3D was announced.
Highly doubt it's coming to the US though, as Nintendo of America doesn't really do "special editions" here, which is a shame because I'd definitely buy them. Especially if we were to get the special edition of Majora's Mask 3D.

Well actually, if it did come here I can see what it'd be. You'd get a pack of Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D for the low price of $79.98. And to sweeten the deal they'll give you...100 rupees to start out with in each of the games. That's surely a great incentive to buy that no? XD

draigodragon

Nov 21, 2011
Neronium said:
This seems a bit late no? Didn't they show the special edition of Majora's Mask with the initial reveal, because I remember seeing pictures of it the day Majora's Mask 3D was announced.
Highly doubt it's coming to the US though, as Nintendo of America doesn't really do "special editions" here, which is a shame because I'd definitely buy them. Especially if we were to get the special edition of Majora's Mask 3D.

Well actually, if it did come here I can see what it'd be. You'd get a pack of Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D for the low price of $79.98. And to sweeten the deal they'll give you...100 rupees to start out with in each of the games. That's surely a great incentive to buy that no? XD
at least you almost get enough rupees to get an upgraded wallet XD

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
This article kinda baffles me. The original article about the reveal didn't include the information that Europe was getting a special edition even though the comment section was talking about it and it could have been a simple matter of updating that article with the info.

Why is this then getting its own article? The information is like 5 days old now.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
NoA's response: "Of course we will have a special edition for the North American market. If Club Nintendo members earn enough coins, They will receive a limited edition lenticular sticker to place over the label of the Majora's Mask 3D cartridge. It's just like the Nintendo 64 days!"

That or what Neronium said, "Here's a bundle with no extra value and includes a game almost every 3DS owner already has. Oh, it also has bonus money/items you can earn within 5 minutes in game. Now shove off, so we can go back to over charging everyone outside of North America."

I guess their trying to make up for every publisher ignoring Europe and Australia during the 90's when it came to half of the games imported to North America... by punishing the fans in the latter area. I guess I'll just import the coll... Oh, right, region locking.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Honetly it's not that impressive (who is going to wear that pin badge?), sure it's not but I would be getting the Collector edition. Also why have the normal game case when you got the steelcase verson? Man they also made it small enough to fit it inside it!

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Morsomk said:
This article kinda baffles me. The original article about the reveal didn't include the information that Europe was getting a special edition even though the comment section was talking about it and it could have been a simple matter of updating that article with the info.

Why is this then getting its own article? The information is like 5 days old now.
Maybe a slow news month. Considering that we get at least 1 Disney princess in X style news per week, I'm not surprised about this one.

OT: I wish the pin badge was colored and not just metallic. Though I'm not getting it anyways so I'm not missing out. But then again, if it was colored, I could buy the pin on ebay or some other site since people sell those items very often.

Hairless Mammoth said:
I guess their trying to make up for every publisher ignoring Europe and Australia during the 90's when it came to half of the games imported to North America... by punishing the fans in the latter area. I guess I'll just import the coll... Oh, right, region locking.
Sad part is that Nintendo is still ignoring us here, not just in the 90's. Games either come out much later than in the US, are way more expensive or don't even come out. RF4 being a huge deal for me, but thankfully they decided to release it in a digital form.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Neronium said:

but then you will have a bunch of new players complaining that Nintendo ripped them off a coin cause the base wallet only holds 99R

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
Honetly it's not that impressive (who is going to wear that pin badge?), sure it's not but I would be getting the Collector edition. Also why have the normal game case when you got the steelcase verson? Man they also made it small enough to fit it inside it!
this is similar to what they did with the Metroid Trilogy Wii case. you had a steel case with some pretty good artwork, and then inside was just a standard Wii case. though the one for Metroid was very form fitting, so you had to actually try to separate them, but it was rather doable.

LaochEire

Mar 9, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Pricing for the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition has yet to be revealed,
It's £44.99 as it has been up for pre-order on the Nintendo Store UK for that last few days.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
"we have reached out to Nintendo of America to see if and when it is coming stateside."

Nintendo of America has a response:

We never get the good stuff. Going to buy the game anyway.

Besides, I already HAVE a collector's edition of Majora's Mask:

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
OuendanCyrus said:
Aerosteam said:
£5 for all that extra stuff? Yea Imma get dis.
£5 extra? 3DS games cost around £29 usually, don't they? At least they do where I live.
Amazon has it at £40, though that could just be a placeholder.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
If necessary I'll give a kidney to get this (until NoA cave or have a change of heart), "Suck It Yanks, Mwahaha!"

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I'd rather have a 3ds XL bundle personally than a shoddy pin I could get online for 5 quid