Majora's Mask 3DS, More Hyrule Warriors Characters Arriving Feb.

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Majora's Mask 3DS, More Hyrule Warriors Characters Arriving Feb.

<youtube=s9zbxQ_fa9w>​
The 3DS remake of the classic Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask will be available the same day as a new DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors.

a Skull Kid figurine [http://escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/majoras%20mask] is also available.

On Feb 5, a batch of new Hyrule Warriors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/hyrule%20warriors] characters will launch. Tingle and Young Link are a part of a Majora's Mask DLC pack, which also appears to include three more mystery costumes.

Tingle, who clearly should have been in Hyrule Warriors from the start, attacks with a wallet of rupees, his balloon, and his rad dance moves. Young Link uses his Kokiri sword, but he can also put on the Fierce Deity's mask to transform and unleash stronger attacks.

[gallery=3712]

Nintendo also noted there will be a special Majora's Mask-themed New Nintendo 3DS XL [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S6ZJZER2Iw] available Feb. 13, the launch date of both Majora's Mask 3DS and the New Nintendo 3DS. It does not include a copy of the game and already appears to be sold out at GameStop online.

Source: Nintendo Direct [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zgkp1YBRw]

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Three more mystery characters? Fierce Deity Link, Majora's Wrath, and the Skull Kid. Calling it now.

All that said... Ooh! My favourite Zelda game is getting a remake! Whoop!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Sure would have been nice to have that Skull Kid figure with Majora's Mask 3DS. Too bad US retailers and Nintendo of America f*cked that up royally, and now the only chance of ever getting that would be to pay between $150-$2000 for a damn preorder. >.>

Happy for the release date at least.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
It's a shame I'll never get a Skull Kid...
I'll still buy the game, but it woudld've been nice to have a Skull Kid...

Also Tingle in Hyrule Warriors? I await the memes.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
3 mysterious new characters huh?
I'm calling it now, Goron, Zora, and Deku scrub.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
You guys do know it's not three mystery characters, but 3 mystery COSTUMES, right? Based on the silhouettes shown during the direct I'm pretty sure one is a Skull Kid costumes, but for who I don't know. I'm also not sure what the other two costumes would be.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Not a Majora's Mask fan so I'm not super excited about this, but I am curious to see if Nintendo continues the trend of moronically limited runs of popular games for no fucking reason.

...Why yes I am angry that Pikmin 3 is $100 on Amazon, how did you guess?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Holy hell, that Tingle face is horrifying.

I do like the look of the Majora's Mask 3DS XL though. A good price, and I might bite. However, since GAME'll probably have it exclusively here, that's a long shot.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
"I want to play as Tingle"

-No one, ever.

But I don't know, maybe will work as a joke character. That one you pick to give a quick giggle.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
major_chaos said:
...Why yes I am angry that Pikmin 3 is $100 on Amazon, how did you guess?
It's hit $100 already? A month ago it was under $80. I guess some Pikmin fans got a Wii U for Christmas.

I'm glad I found the one of the last used copies in my area. Thanks, Big N, for not utilizing the inexpensiveness of disc manufacturing to ensure later Wii owners could get a year old game without paying nearly double the cost.

OT: I'm actually exciting for some Majora DLC in Hyrule Warriors, if I cared enough to drop $50 on a Dynasty Warriors clone. At least it will be on the eShop when I find a copy of HW for $20 or less.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Aiddon said:
Good times; I wonder if the Fierce Deity is gonna be a unique mechanic or his Focus Spirit.
I'd bet on it being his strong attack, kind of like Zelda's light orbs.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Oh, and if you're wondering about the Majora's Mask 3ds that was announced today, it is also already sold out.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
Oh, and if you're wondering about the Majora's Mask 3ds that was announced today, it is also already sold out.
Sold out and already being sold on Ebay by scalpers for a ridiculous sum of money. I feel this could have been avoided if they just released the interchangable plate model in NTSC regions as well, and made special edition plates for that. But then again, that would cut into them making millions of different "limited edition" models of the N3DS XL for them to sell to others, just like how they did for the regular 3DS and 3DS XL. Seriously, Nintendo released so many special edition 3DS' that they made the Xbox 360 look conservative when it comes to console redesigns and special editions. :/

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
And Now I need to get Hyrule Warriors, I'm planning to get the new3DSxl Zelda edition anyway, it's expensive being a gamer :p