Make a complaint about the game(s) you are currently playing.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
X-COM: Up yours, interface. You are so bad. And while I'm at it, let me arm my soldiers individually for good, not before each battle! And lastly, suck it, Ethereals.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
Civilisation IV: Please stop pestering me with your stupid trade deals. Me giving you Engineering in return for 40 gold is NOT going to happen. Also, stop building your cities on my doorstep. Or I will raze them. And if you do it again, I will raze your whole empire.

TF2: It would be nice if we could just explore all the maps, just so we're not thrown into an unfamiliar maze online. I'm laggy enough without not knowing all the side paths too.

Minecraft: You only work when Minecraft.net works, which gets swamped every time you release another buggy update. I also hate it when someone chucks some gigantic WorldEdited monstrosity anywhere they like. But that's probably the servers I play on.

DSD12

Feb 12, 2011
Alpha Protocol: too difficult boss fights
Death Spank: quests are too confusing
Beyond Good and Evil: camera sucks
Uncharted 3 beta: connection and shooting issues

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Hrm.

Fallout 3: it freezes my laptop in the heat sometimes. [Really I can't knock the game though].
Starcraft 2: The single player has no allure and ladder games seem to have that insanely high skill/learning curve that Brood War battlenet had.
Hunted: The graphics aren't as good as I'd hoped. (Superficial, yea)
Bioshock 2: It appears the GFWL login crashes the game on windows 7. I love MS through and through. Now I can either play the game on my xp machine only, or buy the steam version for 13 bucks with the Summer sale.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
oohhhhhh I actually got a good one.

In Record Of Agarast War the battle field is layed out at a 45 degree angle to the screen and they still expect you to use the D pad to move your characters around.
That's annoying as fuck.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
L.A noir: that part about 60% way throw, it youve played the game you should know
unreal 2: rushed and underdeveloped story

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
Alice Madness Returns: I love it, it's great, very true to the original. But the "worlds" are all a bit too long. Just too long that I start thinking "yes, it's a beautiful world, I know, can we please move on."

Anthony Abney

Mar 16, 2011
Call of Duty Black Ops (though this complaint can really go for any game with online multiplayer)

racist homophobic 10 year olds who think that the only way we can hear them is if they yell at the top of their lungs in that annoying voice that makes me wish there was a way to automatically mute everyone before you even get in the game

Fallout New Vegas

There is a glitch at the beginning of the game where you can get infinite XP, infinite 9mm ammo, and infinite leather armor. The glitch itself isn't the problem, the problem is that it's been around for the past 9 months and they haven't done a damn thing about it, it's like they don't even care whether the game works or not.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I'll list all the games I have played lately.
Fallout New Vegas. It is really buggy and they main character was poorly set up.
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D. The controls could be mapped out better, and the Revelations Demo was disappointingly short.
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. It is kinda boring early on, especially before Didongo's Cavern.
Super Smash Bros. Melee. Playing as Master Hand makes the game freeze when he wins.
Mortal Kombat. The hit detection sucks at times.
Crackdown 2. Not as good as the first, less interesting weapons and missions, and the most interesting enemy is only in 3 levels I think and never attacks you.
Left 4 Dead 2. The online community for it on the Xbox 360 is practically dead.
Lost Planet 2. The online community for it on the Xbox 360 IS dead.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Halo: Reach

I would prefer much greater variety of gameplay, the space level is really good and reminds me of Star Battlefront 2 but just one mission, Bungie could have done so much using just that one levels gameplay.

King Kupofried

Jan 19, 2010
Phantasy Star Portable 2:
The characters in this game are god awful. God Awful. I thought Sonic's partners were the all-time low for character personality produced by Sega but I was dead wrong.
The absolute pinnacle of this hideousness is, of course, the main character Emilia Percival. A character who spends a good 90% of the game complaining and moaning about her work, work which pretty much involves her tagging along while you do everything. Proceeds to throw no less than three hissy-fits over extremely petty misunderstandings (At least one of which was over a decision made in order to protect her from harm). During all of which you are pretty much forced into comforting her.
The only character that ever calls her on her BS is a Beast named Kraz (Who is also the source of her hissy-fits), which makes him the only character even vaguely likable through the entire story. Even then he ends up being apologetic for it in several heart-warming moments which will likely cause your body to reflexively attempt to kill itself rather than go on living with the suffering of having witnessed.
Even worse, if you want to get the good or best endings, you have to always support her, always. Not just on important things either, your ending can quite literally change because you decided to explain that her boss probably had a reason for sending her somewhere he presumed to be safe, rather than joining her in calling him a jerk. Yes, supporting uppity, high-school girl type pettiness rather than trying to look at it in a rational way is what earns you the Good ending.

Oh, and hey, you can unlock her in Valkyria Chronicles 2; because I remember thinking to myself.
"If only I had just a bit more time to spend with this character to make me completely suicidal instead of just mostly."

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Minecraft - Makes my laptop double as a hotplate... if it weren't for my hands being at the keys, I could toast up a nice grilled cheese when taking a breather from castle-building.

GTAIV - Frakking winged rats... 'nuff said.

Captcha: vainvi told
Vainvi told what? Well, whatever it is, I swear it's not true.

TheGreatFedora

Mar 25, 2010
L.A. Noire: Why do you keep trying to shove uninteresting action scenes in my face? I just want to investigate, dammit!

Also, it seems to give you side missions to do that are always in the opposite direction of where you're driving, and right before you reach your destination too.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Cogwheel said:
Europa Universalis 3.

They could really stand to make it less confusing. Also, some more intricate diplomacy options. I mean, there's stuff Civilization has that this doesn't, which is slightly embarrassing.

Edit: Also Touhou Hisoutensoku's online play. Seriously, try to lag less. Please.
I'm playing Civ 2, and by god the AI builds a bunch of units and sends it at me, but they're not at war with me so it wastes my time watching them go in circles around my cities. SOOOOOOO ANNOYING>

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Okay then, a complaining thread. Hmmm.

Saints Row 2, a game I love despite all its flaws: The DLC is console-exclusive. D:<
Age of Conan: Standard Mumorpuger fare. Their much-vaunted combat system is just a pain.
Fallout New Vegas: I hate that, like in Fallout 3, when you're using a fire weapon like an Incinerator or Flamer, you sometimes catch on fire yourself and it takes ages to go away. This is very annoying when you're trying to screenshot stuff for your story...

freakinghostboy

Jul 4, 2011
Bioshock it is taking a massive arse of a time to download of steam, that is the only complaint for this game, that and since the zp review when i see big daddies all i see is them with teddy bear faces

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
Torchlight is too easy. I started on Normal, and completed the first dungeon and boss without needing to heal once. I restarted on hard (as you can't switch the difficulty, only make another character on a higher difficulty) and am having just enough of a challenge to keep me interested.

Don't get me wrong it is a great game, but I would rather play it on normal, and have it be as hard as hard is now, and then have two more difficulties above that for subsequent playthroughs.