Make A Minor Change To A Game You Love That Would Depress The Hell Out Of You

bladeofdarkness

Aug 6, 2009
in mass effect 2, during the suicide mission, you are FORCED to leave at least one team member behind or forced to send them to die at some point.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
SimuLord said:
Steam gives me credit for 88 hours, but that's just on the Steam version of the game, which I picked up in late 2009 as part of a package deal during the '09 holiday sale. Between 2005-08, if I had to guess, I'd say I put something on the order of a couple thousand hours into it. Figuring 30 hours per grand campaign x at least a hundred full playthroughs plus countless false starts, "maybe I'll play someone else" campaigns, and the like...hell, it's probably close to four or five thousand hours total for my all-time favorite game.
I also picked it up on Steam when it was on sale, makes it much easier for gaming on my laptop. But before then I had gone and purchased the game from the store twice. Yeah, I went through the first disc set and wore it down pretty bad...

I have hardly played it as much on steam, but I think the fairest summation of my hours would be this: Unmodded version 1.5, played every faction through at least one full short campaign. I Will say 8 hours to each of those, since I was pretty thorough. About half I did a full grand campaign completion as well as total map domination. Those I will put at about 30 hours each as well. I also played extensively as Armenia, Numidia, Julii, and Thrace multiple times, I would say at least 150 hours to each of them. I barely played multiplayer in the early days, but recently did a bit and I would say about 50 hours total of just multiplayer over my career.

Now add in all of that times about 5, for the various mods I installed (even created or helped create), and you got yourself a few thousand hours. And still counting.

Still got one trump card if you're up to it... :p

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Any game at all: A goat dies. Any goat really. That would make me sad :(

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
If Tali was removed from the Mass Effect games :(

Oh and if you removed the "Objection" from the Phoenix Wright games... Nao iz sad :(

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Zekksta said:
Pokemon.

Remove running shoes and bike.
Oh, how many hours would it run up to without those things? It would be awful.

OT: Metal Gear Solid without C.Q.C. would be just plain stupid.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
Hader said:
SimuLord said:
OK, one simple change to the AI would do it---in Rome: Total War, the Senate sends a huge army to intercept you if you're playing as a barbarian faction and show up in any province that borders Latium (wherein lies the city of Rome). Makes attacking Italy in the earlygame a genuine challenge, even if as Gaul you manage to keep hold of Patavium and Mediolanium and start spamming Chosen Swordsmen at the Julii cities to the south. Chosens are pretty badass but well-equipped and reinforced Senate armies can make your life miserable if you don't know how to handle them. Keeps the game from being an automatic I Win Button for the Gallic player.
My solution was always to play as Saxons/Dacians/Germans, go by boat, rape Rome, GTFO. Rinse, repeat.
You guys should try Europa Barborum, it makes vanilla R:TW seem crappy by comparison. You'll like it and it's free :)

OT: I wouldn't play CoD if there was no leveling up and customization. Those two things make FPS's playable for me, I can't stand most of them.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
If they removed the horror elements from STALKER. Specifically the mutants. Which is more or less precicly what was wrong with Clear Sky, it was more action and less horror.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
Hader said:
Numidia was the best challenge, but after having beat every campaign before that at least once, it was still pretty easy...hehe, I have probably beaten that game to death at least as much as you, if not more (mods included...lots of mods).
I'll take you up on that "if not more" bit if we can include mods. 2.6k hours according to steam.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
If you couldn't play as a female shepard in ME

then we would have scowley face monotone shepard...yay!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Vryyk said:
Hader said:
SimuLord said:
OK, one simple change to the AI would do it---in Rome: Total War, the Senate sends a huge army to intercept you if you're playing as a barbarian faction and show up in any province that borders Latium (wherein lies the city of Rome). Makes attacking Italy in the earlygame a genuine challenge, even if as Gaul you manage to keep hold of Patavium and Mediolanium and start spamming Chosen Swordsmen at the Julii cities to the south. Chosens are pretty badass but well-equipped and reinforced Senate armies can make your life miserable if you don't know how to handle them. Keeps the game from being an automatic I Win Button for the Gallic player.
My solution was always to play as Saxons/Dacians/Germans, go by boat, rape Rome, GTFO. Rinse, repeat.
You guys should try Europa Barborum, it makes vanilla R:TW seem crappy by comparison. You'll like it and it's free :)

OT: I wouldn't play CoD if there was no leveling up and customization. Those two things make FPS's playable for me, I can't stand most of them.
Played EB, didn't much care for it (as with most conversion mods, I thought its reach far exceeded its grasp.)

Extasii

May 22, 2009
Taking away the midgets from Borderlands...
I've only had the game a day and they already make the game for me...
I can't imagine them not being there...

Defenestra

Apr 16, 2009
What if someone made a Metroid game in which Samus was a submissive shrinking violet instead of the most skilled and fearless of all power-suited commandos?

On a totally unrelated note, Team Ninja: I will find some way of making you all cry.

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
If, for the sequel to Bayonetta, Bayonetta wasn't the protagonist. There's already rumours it'll be Jeanne (nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!) thanks to Hashimoto saying he'd want a spin-off.
But surely they couldn't do that? What would they name it; Bayonetta 2: Jeanne? That wouldn't work, it's called BAYONETTA for a reason. The marketing is already there! Seriously, I'm so excited for a second game, provided they stick with Bay. She's what made the game amazingly awesome instead of the just plain awesome it WOULD have been.

Actually, that's quite a big change, isn't it? Main character...

Oh well, I stand by my contribution!

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Vault101 said:
If you couldn't play as a female shepard in ME

then we would have scowley face monotone shepard...yay!
But the female Shepard is also a scowley face monotone shepard, just with a higher pitch to her voice.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Removing the cheap moves from any 2D beat 'em up like Mortal Kombat or Blazblue. They're annoying as hell, but without them the 2 player games would get a little repetitive since everyone would have to rely on skill alone and no one would be annoying. It's just me, I suppose, but I like it when people are dicks in games, the frustration of people using cheap moves makes it challenging and so much more satisfying when I kick their asses.

Also, removing the subtlety from Silent Hill and the cheesiness from Resident Evil. Silent Hill's "atmosphere" is what made the game so awesome for me and removing any of Barry's lines from Resident Evil (Jill sandwich, master of unlocking, I found this gun... etc.) would make it feel a little generic for me.

Actually, haven't they already tried to make RE smarter? That's probably why I haven't played one since RE:4.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
badgersprite said:
I also heard a fake rumor that Hawke had to be a warrior, and there was no option to be a rogue or mage. I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
Although warrior's been my favourite for DA:O and will be my first play through for DA2 but I'd hate to be limited to just warrior.

There's been alot of stupid rumors about how bad it's going to be.

I heard somewhere that there was no pause/radial menu and that there was only one ending and other stupid stuff. Trolls have been having fun with DA 2 by the looks of it.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Mass Effect: Tali Zorah vas Normandy
This character's sudden removal or toss to the side (I sympathize with the Ashly/Liara fanboys) would piss me off. A lot. ...A LOT.
-Thankfully she's not only the most popular female character in ME/2 but she's now a part of the bigger plot thanks to the overwhelming fans. Same goes for Garrus, actually.
A bromance can only stay a bromance until the gamer finally decides, "...Yeah, I can play as a woman for once."

EDIT: As a follow-up: Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4. I love that guy. But not in a strange way... >_>