Make A Minor Change To A Game You Love That Would Depress The Hell Out Of You

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Killing Floor: Roving the soundtrack

I love Killing Floor, but I would be much unhappy without the soundtrack. It is pretty good, especially since most of it is metal.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Taking Tales of Symphonia and... making it turn-based!

NOOOOO!!!

Note: I have nothing against turn-based combat (Golden Sun is my second favorite game, right behind ToS) but the game just wouldn't be the same anymore. Hell, it wouldn't even be a Tales game.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I would lose it if in Mass Effect 2, all of the characters were one-note cliches with forgettable personalities, stupid designs, and limited dialogue trees. Also, I'd hate it if the story was stupid and riddled with holes, the combat was robotic and formulaic, and the entire game made fuck-all difference in the grand scheme of things and amde you fight a gigantic space baby at the end.

Honorable mention goes to Fallout 3 (if it were written and designed by morons), and if Knights of the Old Republic 2 (if it forgot to end).

OHWAIT.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Announce that Doom 4 will use the Fallout 3 engine.

What's worse is I actually had that moment of panic when I read that Bethesda and id had merged.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
SimuLord said:
Joke Answer: Taking the repetitive, grinding, pointless quests out of MMOs. Oh, wait, you said "game that I love"...

OK, one simple change to the AI would do it---in Rome: Total War, the Senate sends a huge army to intercept you if you're playing as a barbarian faction and show up in any province that borders Latium (wherein lies the city of Rome). Makes attacking Italy in the earlygame a genuine challenge, even if as Gaul you manage to keep hold of Patavium and Mediolanium and start spamming Chosen Swordsmen at the Julii cities to the south. Chosens are pretty badass but well-equipped and reinforced Senate armies can make your life miserable if you don't know how to handle them. Keeps the game from being an automatic I Win Button for the Gallic player. Taking it out and having the Senate only react to the invasion of Rome itself would break the game and make playing as barbs a lot less fun.
Yep - Rome was a rather unfair province if you could get it early on, mainly because it is a Minor City to start with, in itself not that valuable (there are about a half dozen or so at the beginning), but its situation is really good and not surprisingly, I often move my capital there.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
HT_Black said:
I would lose it if in Mass Effect 2, all of the characters were one-note cliches with forgettable personalities, stupid designs, and limited dialogue trees. Also, I'd hate it if the story was stupid and riddled with holes, the combat was robotic and formulaic, and the entire game made fuck-all difference in the grand scheme of things and amde you fight a gigantic space baby at the end.

Honorable mention goes to Fallout 3 (if it were written and designed by morons), and if Knights of the Old Republic 2 (if it forgot to end).

OHWAIT.
Would have to agree with you about ME2 and KOTOR2; ME2's characters didn't really make me care about them (specifically because Cerberus thinks psychotics are better than trained professionals, but nevermind) and KOTOR2 for feeling as if there were bits missing (HK-47's side quest; why...)

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Portal.
Male GladOs voice.

Would turn an awesome HAL tribute to an awfull HAL ripoff.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
maturin said:
Agreed. That thing is the key to Legendary SP.
That and a plasma pistol worked best for me. At least with no sniper around to use.

Don said:
Yep - Rome was a rather unfair province if you could get it early on, mainly because it is a Minor City to start with, in itself not that valuable (there are about a half dozen or so at the beginning), but its situation is really good and not surprisingly, I often move my capital there.
It wasn't too bad; the game is based around the Romans so naturally they were going to start with one pretty advantage. Some mods would tone down their starting power and assimilate all the families into one faction, but Rome was still a force to be reckoned with in any version.

That said though, I think I could hold a record for quickest civil war (in vanilla 1.5 of course), which ended with me holding Rome as the Julii within 12 turns. And it was completely unintentional! :p

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
aether-x3 said:
If Alistair wasn't in Dragon Age: Origins I'd be a sad panda. >_>;
I don't know...I could probably go without him more than I ever could Sten and Oghren... :p

koether

Nov 21, 2009
Real answer: If Doom 3 was in third person

Joke: If "Evolution: The Game of Intelligent Life" was played from a creationist perspective, so that with a click of a button you could create intelligent life straight from nothing.