Make A Minor Change To A Game You Love That Would Depress The Hell Out Of You

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
The removal of Missingno. from Pokémon Blue & Red. I don't actually use the item cheat, I just drop by every now and then to say hi. It must get lonely.

waffletaco

Sep 5, 2008
Removing Fargoth or the falling wizard from the sky from Morrowind would make it feel really weird.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Altering Nurse Joy's dialogue so she doesn't say "You're out late" when you are, indeed, out late OH WAIT THEY DID THAT.

Uhm... Oh, I know: Adding a tutorial level to Vagrant Story would make me cry. Literally, I would cry. One of the best "You're fucked if you neglect to read the manual" games I've played.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Adding QTE's to a Silent Hill game.

Oh, wait....

Taldeer

Apr 15, 2009
Baldur's Gate without Minsk. Planescape Torment without Morte. Mass Effect 1 without Wrex. Mass Effect 2 without Garrus. Mass Effect 3 without Joker.

Scarnix

Sep 30, 2010
Disgaea without the 9999 and reincarnation features,

Aswell as Demon's Souls without the 2nd chance to get your souls back, DAMN that would be hell.

lambsheep

Mar 9, 2010
Brutal Legend. If you take out the awesome metal music, its just another hack and slash.
Oh and Jack Black. You cant have a awesome metal game without him.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Metal Gear Solid:

if they added a suit that made you effectively invisible while motionless and gave you a gun that allowed you to knock out your enemy with one hit with no repercussions in terms of kill-count, alerting the enemy or any moral dilemmas.

Oh wait, they already did that.

Tranquilliser pistol ruined the MGS series, it destroyed the balance of stealth against combat and undermined any moral dilemma of killing in war. It's also just far too unreal, the reality with tranquilliser is too low a dose and they are merely woozy, too high a dose and they will go into a coma and likely die or suffer severe brain damage and mere drops either way can change that. It's a cop out.

The octo-camo suit too, so overpowered, it removed all diversity to play, it turned the game into a crawling simulator.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Adding QTE's to a Silent Hill game.

Oh, wait....
Silent Hill is dead to me, dead do you hear me!
Dead!

OT: If they lowered the ham level of Soul Nomad, sereously Gig's absurd Hamminess is half the reason I enjoy that game.

Sereously the pork content is so high I'm fairly certain that Jews, Muslims and vegitariens arent aloud to play it.

That or removing the absurd super attacks from any Nippon Ichi game.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Treblaine said:
Metal Gear Solid:

if they added a suit that made you effectively invisible while motionless and gave you a gun that allowed you to knock out your enemy with one hit with no repercussions in terms of kill-count, alerting the enemy or any moral dilemmas.

Oh wait, they already did that.

Tranquilliser pistol ruined the MGS series, it destroyed the balance of stealth against combat and undermined any moral dilemma of killing in war. It's also just far too unreal, the reality with tranquilliser is too low a dose and they are merely woozy, too high a dose and they will go into a coma and likely die or suffer severe brain damage and mere drops either way can change that. It's a cop out.

The octo-camo suit too, so overpowered, it removed all diversity to play, it turned the game into a crawling simulator.
I didn't even mind the tranquilliser pistol that much.

What really bothered me was the fact that you could buy all your weapons and ammo in MGS 4. In the previous games, everytime you found a new gun it felt like a nice little gift. The ability to buy weapons and ammo at anytime completely destroyed that feeling of "make do with what you have".

Then again, MGS 4 was littered with bad gameplay design.

nick2150

Dec 17, 2008
Its a really small thing but it destroys all Sonic 2D games for me. The ability to charge up a spin dash. it dissapears after sonic 3 & knuckles never to return :'(