Make-A-Wish Rebuilds the Millennium Falcon

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Make-A-Wish Rebuilds the Millennium Falcon

The Make-A-Wish Foundation has replicated the ship of Star Wars' most wanted bounty.

Over the years, the allowing them to get behind the scenes of World of Warcraft [http://www.wish.org/]. This time, the organization has assembled a fort topped with a highly detailed Millennium Falcon replica from Star Wars.

Forts by themselves are cool enough, but a fort topped with the vehicle of choice of Han Solo and Chewbacca hits it out of the park. The replica was designed and built by Geekologie [http://www.littlemountainproductions.com/home.html] that its Millennium Falcon even has "solar powered LED interior and exterior lighting." Awesome!

To get an idea of the Falcon's scale, well, it's wider than an SUV. It looks as if it was made so that young Christian can climb up through the fort and stick his head into a plastic bubble on the top to pretend that he's piloting it through the Death Star. Whether the rest of Christian's fort is as cool as its topper remains a mystery for now, but I think you can bet that the kid's parents are going to have to pry him away from the thing. He might as well just move the whole family in and make them the ship's crew.

Source: Geekologie [http://www.geekologie.com/2010/06/geekologie_reader_helps_build.php]

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Stuff like this makes me wish I was going to die from a life threatening illness and under 10.

[sup]What happened to the days when sick kids got ice cream? Grumble grumble cliche old man talk...[/sup]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
That is quite possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I really wish I had that as a kid, pretending I'm Han Solo, shooting down Enemy Tie Fighters in every direction. That could have made me have so much more of an interest in Star Wars. Instead, it was just one of those films I really liked. Which is fine too, I guess.

Calumon: I hope that person gets better, so he can play with that all day!

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Sparrow said:
Stuff like this makes me wish I was going to die from a life threatening illness and under 10.

[sup]What happened to the days when sick kids got ice cream? Grumble grumble cliche old man talk...[/sup]
Read that back again, some people could take extreme offense to what you just said.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Baneat said:
Sparrow said:

Read that back again, some people could take extreme offense to what you just said.
Relax. Think of me as an English Frankie Boyle who is far more PC. And I'm not PC, so that'll give you an insight into how UN-PC he is.

I'm all for what these people do, so don't look at me like that. Please don't try and get high and mighty with me.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
...Can I get a terminal sickness?
These guys are awesome, seriously. Going through all this so a kid can be happy. Props, fellas.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Have a hard time dragging him away from it? Hell, I'm 28 years old and they've have a hard time dragging ME away from it.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Sparrow said:
I was kinda thinking along the same lines.

But I appreciate what the Make a Wish Foundation does. They're good people, no matter what I may say about them behind their backs....

Jun 26, 2009
VitusPrime said:
The make-a-wish foundation keep doing brilliant things. Good on them.
Yeah they helped somone who had cancer in my school...
It was ace...
Those guys are well... Words can't describe how cool they are.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats pretty cool! Talk about wishes coming true! Heh, I need to borrow that team!

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Warms my hart a little bit, okay, warms it a lot.

May this make that little boys days magical and fun.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
That is quite possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I really wish I had that as a kid, pretending I'm Han Solo, shooting down Enemy Tie Fighters in every direction. That could have made me have so much more of an interest in Star Wars. Instead, it was just one of those films I really liked. Which is fine too, I guess.

Calumon: I hope that person gets better, so he can play with that all day!
I totally agree with this!
I think it's fantastic that a little boy who loves Star Wars gets a chance to be Han Solo and have fun imagining he's battling the Empire.
Good on the 'make a wish' foundation for making things like this happen for kids who might not have long left or can't always take advantage of things that we take for granted.

I hope he get's better, and if not I hope he enjoys every minute of his time left 'cos that's all we can hope.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
For a fraction of a second, reading "interior lighting" made my brain think the thing was lifesize.

Oi...

Wonder how Aperture Science's Take a wish would do it?
(Sorry, gaming news site it was only proper!)

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
This is the only charity I know of that actually does a damn thing.

Good for them! At least they're more productive than fucking PETA will ever be.