Make Your Own Sackboy Costume

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Make Your Own Sackboy Costume

Halloween is coming and so is LittleBigPlanet [http://www.littlebigplanet.com/], and that means it's time to dress like a Sackboy!

What's that you say? You don't have a life-sized Sackboy costume to wear? Have no fear: A U.K. web designer named Adam has not only built one for himself, he's put up detailed instructions and photographs so you can make one too. Along with the costume plans, the site includes a "How Not To Do It" guide detailing his first attempt at constructing the outfit, which ended up looking more like a garden planter than a Sackboy head.

Construction materials are cheap and easy to find: After experimenting with a relatively complicated process involving chicken wire, cardboard and papier-mâché, Adam discovered an easier and more effective way to make the costume using just a plastic garbage pail, bubble wrap, some grey flannel and a whole lot of tape; tools required for the job include just a bread knife, scissors and a glue gun.

The end result? A great-looking Sackboy and a unique costume for this year's Halloween party blowout! To learn how to make one yourself and see some photos of the costume (and the grown man wearing it) in action, head over to makeasackboy.com [http://makeasackboy.com/].

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
'Course the greatest part about this is that you can dress your Sackboy costume in a costume of its own.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I burst in laughter seeing that screenshot I almost didn't read the article. I did, I clicked the link at the end (well, not the "permalink" one...why do you guys have that anyway? You have a forum topic, a link at the top, and bottom.) and laughed even more.

They don't look that much like sackboys either, just big-headed guys in sweatsuits. It just looks hilarious.

Kinda looks like Pilsbury doughboy's ghost or something.

Heck, they need a "pilsbury sackboy" for LBP.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico post=7.72259.754008 said:
I burst in laughter seeing that screenshot I almost didn't read the article. I did, I clicked the link at the end (well, not the "permalink" one...why do you guys have that anyway? You have a forum topic, a link at the top, and bottom.) and laughed even more.

They don't look that much like sackboys either, just big-headed guys in sweatsuits. It just looks hilarious.

Kinda looks like Pilsbury doughboy's ghost or something.

Heck, they need a "pilsbury sackboy" for LBP.
Non the less, I will make one! It's just so awesome, it'll be a step up from the time I did a school project with the Sackboy as the picture I was modeling (yes, I'm that obsessed with it.

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
People were talking about a game that will define the PS3,
THIS is that game, its ground breaking on so many levels.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
PlasticPorter post=7.72259.754368 said:
People were talking about a game that will define the PS3,
THIS is that game, its ground breaking on so many levels.
It even breaks ground for cosplay!

Well, companion cube did that too though...