Mall Fight RP: (CLOSED) (FINISHED)

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Code:
Hey folks. This is your GM.

I've had a disagreement with one of our players, over what should have been ancient history. We're hashing it over, but no promises for now.

For all intents and purposes, this story is finished. I may post in this thread occasionally, but only for minor updates. If you are still interested, go check out the Earthventure, I'm sure it will be worth it.

See you around,
RaNDM
Presently we are in the Mall, doing jack all.

Stand by for updates.

Firearms: UNLOCKED - If you already have one.
Explosives: UNLOCKED - Same reason.
Magic: LOCKED

Aitruis said:
Please read before posting.

For longtime GameFAQs forum users, you may remember the titular Mall Fight, the slapstick forum user war inside the neverending mall. For those who have never heard of this, it's a lot of fun. That's why I'm bringing it to the Escapist.

All users are in a giant mall. The mall stretches on forever, and contains any and every store you can think of (with a few notable exceptions). The goal is simple: have fun while doing horrible, horrible things to your fellow users. There are only a couple rules that ensure everyone continues to have a good time.

1. No gun or knife stores, or stores that carry conventional weapons of any kind. If a store would have a weapon section, that section isn't there. It wouldn't be any fun if you could just go pick up a shotgun, now would it? However, going to the plumbing store and building a potato cannon that shoots bowling balls is an allowable, if uncreative, option.

2. No permanent player death. Kill other players in creative ways as much as you want, they don't stay dead. Thus people can keep playing.

3. No leaving the mall. The doors are locked, and the exterior walls are indestructible.

EDITOR'S NOTE: There are occasions where we will leave the Mall to explore. In fact, exploration is a key point in this round.

4. Players are still people. You cannot bend steel, throw people through brick walls, and so on and so forth.

Other than that, have fun.

[HEADING=1]Prologue: Somewhere on the edge of nowhere...[/HEADING]

Code:
May 23, ???? Time: 22:27 Location: -11' 38' from Earth Operator: RaN Authorization: 4N-IC 2177 Aboard: 1 Route: Messier 16 -13' 49' from Sol, 12ly out

Welcome to the Fifth Wall AI Command Line. Would you like to make a command?

>Ascend.

Action can't be performed.

>Well... Fuck.

That is not a valid command.

>Last login.

You have been idle for six months.

>Check time.

The time is 23:57 PAC on the Twenty-Third of May. Year is unknown.

>Enter code.

>GFBD-AAAA-3679

Loaded. Full administration clearance granted.

>Run system maintenance.

Running maintenance. All systems operational at 23% and rising. Automated maintenance drones deployed. All systems operational at 53% and rising. Spokes linked. Locks engaged. Summoning online.

>Summon.

Gathering new players. 

>Close system. 

Time is 23:59 PM. Have a nice day.
==>

You head over to the local shopping Mall. Whatever reason why is unimportant, the means of transportation inconsequential. You stand alone in the parking lot, hit by a hot breeze. It is a minute away from midnight, yet you feel fortunate your local shopping center never closes. The glow of neon lights, the smell of Cinnabon and the promise of acquiring material goods beckons you.

You step inside just as the clock hits midnight. A voice rings out over the intercom.

[color][HEADING=3]"GOOOOOOOOD MORNING SHOPPERS!"[/HEADING][/color]

Oh God. This fucking guy.

You have no idea who hired this douche-bag. Ever since the manager left the place open at night, this guy got a job running the PA system. That was about six months ago. You swear to God, every time you show up, he always tries talking to you over the intercom, babbling on about being summoned or some shit. It doesn't help that he is usually the only other person in the Mall at night. Most days you just do your best to ignore him. Tonight though... Something seems different tonight.

You turn and look behind you. The door you walked in through is gone, your line of sight instead spanning down an abyss of stores and hallways. The sight gives you a fright.

"I've got something special lined up for the whole lot of you tonight! I think you're really going to enjoy this!"

You shout several indiscernible expletives back up to the intercom, but a loud static cuts you off. For three seconds, the sound pierces through your skull, making you cringe and crumple to the floor.

You wake up staring into nothingness. No moon. No lights. Nothing but the stars above you and the transparent ceiling keeping you from being sucked into the void of space. The lights shut on, and you shield your eyes. You climb back onto your feet and get a bearing on your surroundings.

Yep, you're still in the Mall. Where exactly is a problem though. You stand in the middle of an intersection, one path in front of you, one behind, and two at either side. Tired and groggy from a terrible night's sleep, you pick a path and start walking. The voice shouts out over the intercom.

[HEADING=2][color]"WELCOME TO MALL FIGHT!"[/color][/HEADING]

- You are trapped in an infinitely expanding Mall hurdling through space and time. If you want to prolong your meaningless existence, find a store, grab a weapon, and start tearing up other players. Weapon crafting and creative kills are encouraged in this game. Don't be afraid to pour gasoline on a fire ax and make a literal fire ax. Bad puns are encouraged.

- Remember you're just playing ordinary people trapped in a Mall. Starting the game, you will have no elaborate backstories, no hidden godlike powers, no access to anything that would make you overpowered. The point is simply to have fun. When you turn yourself into a Sue, there's no point in me continuing the game.

- The Mall is monitored by two half-dead ghosts: Xot is in charge of Mall maintenance. Sister serves as Security. Either can act as third parties in a fight and can interact with players directly or indirectly.

- Because everyone starts off on the same foot, firearms, explosives, and magic will be locked until certain points in the game. No high-power weapons either unless given in weapon drops.

- Don't worry about your own mortality. When you die, and you will die a lot in this game, you can respawn anywhere in the Mall except near the player that just killed you. Spawn-killing will not be tolerated.

- Team-ups are allowed, but remember this is a fighting game. Everyone kills everyone at some point.

- If you have played Mall Fight before on the Escapist or on the Unofficial Official Mall Fight Forum, remember that you are playing an entirely new version of you. Most of the baggage from the past games will be wiped away to give new players a chance to start from scratch. You can still keep your inside jokes.

- Once every week or two, we will have campaigns that further Mall Fight's main story. The RP will be closed to newcomers during these times. If you want to join in the middle of an Act, send me a PM and I might think of a role for you.

- Remember that if you can't post it on the Escapist, you can't post it here. Use your common sense, people. Other than that, you can go anywhere and do anything.

- Boss fights play out like standard RPG fare.

- Your team shares a combined pool of health equal to that of the boss you face.

- Each fighter takes one turn. They can attack the enemy, use magic if they have learned spells, use inventory, or block to reduce the amount of damage the party takes.

- A majority of players must post before a turn is over. That means in a team of three, at least two must take their turn before the fight progresses.

- Don't just spam grenades. Experiment with your attacks. Look for patterns and exploit your enemy's weaknesses if you want to win.

- Bosses can attack the entire party at once for massive damage, or focus on specific players to keep them from assisting their teammates.

- Bosses cannot block attacks, but all attacks have a chance of missing.

- Do some research. Some bosses can be ridiculously easy if you know how to fight them.

- Characters will gain levels from slaying bosses and finishing quests. Leveling up is mostly superficial, but it will play a greater role in the future.

- One more thing. Most bosses have only one phase. However, some will have two or more phases. Boss health may restore, but team health will always carry over from the last phase. Always be aware of your health level. Once that runs out, you will fail your objective.

[small](Early fights will be a moderate challenge though. Don't worry too much about failing.)[/small]

That covers just about everything. Good luck!

[small]With few exceptions, all fighters are limited to two legendary weapons.[/small]

Grim327: SABER SAW - PORTALS

Knife-28: CHINA LAKE - ANY GRENADES - INFINITE AMMO
Knife-28: [color]GRAPPLING HOOK[/color] - SCALE HIGH WALLS

MinimanZombie: [small]1/2[/small] RAVEN RAZER - VOID
MinimanZombie:SUPER MAGNUM RIFLE - ARMOR PIERCING 20 ROUNDS

Paddy the Second: [small]1/2[/small] PIMPBASTARD - BURN, ELECTRIC
Paddy the Second: PENDANT
Paddy the Second: Peake - Normal

Saltarius: REPEATING REVOLVER - THERMITE 5 ROUNDS

TrilbyWill: GRAVITY GAUNTLETS

Everyone Else: LOCKED

Sorry everyone. I was not planning on being gone from home all day, but today was Father's Day. Anyway, we are touching down now and beginning Intermission 2.

In other words, wrap things up for now. Important plot shit happens soon.

Also, now that Summer semester is starting, we have to lay down schedules. Until the beginning of August, I will not be able to post Monday-Wednesday. Salt will be GM during this time, which will be Intermission. I will return Thursday and GM up until Sunday. These periods will be Acts.

Treat Intermission and Acts as two separate games. Intermission is reserved for Mall Fighting and generally just dicking around. Acts will be story driven. Keep in mind that anything new introduced in Intermissions will be ignored in Acts.

Other than that, just follow the rules and have fun. I am updating the front page now with a new set of rules quoted from Aitrius, the creator of the very first Mall Fight on the Escapist. These rules will be posted at the top of the front page for everyone to see. Read them. Obey them.

@Salt: From now on, you may only acquire Thermite rounds at trade outposts. All you have to do is write yourself buying them from a merchant. You may receive packs of 10 each time we touch down. That may not seem like a lot, but if you play smart, you can stockpile plenty of ammo for the second half of the game.

@Paddy: We've covered this already, but remember that you may no longer acquire legendary weapons. You have
[small]1/2[/small] PIMPBASTARD and a seemingly worthless PENDANT. Peake will be considered a normal sword, hence why it is not written in bold. You can still trick it out however you want as long as it is limited to elemental attacks only. Pimpbastard already has burn and electric, so I suggest choosing other elements for versatility. I am updating the weapons list accordingly.

@Miniman: Just a reminder. VOID only steals enemy health while replenishing yours for a small amount. It only applies in boss fights when health meters are used. I don't want you to get the wrong idea and start sucking people into black holes.

@wackymon: You seem to be introducing a lot of characters in a short amount of time. If you can write a compelling sub plot that can coexist with the main story, great. If your characters interfere with the game in a negative manner, I will ask to cut some of them out. I think that is more than fair. The same rules apply to everyone else.

One more thing. I am killing off the character Fem!Sam G. As much as I hate to admit it, my original vision for the character does not mesh with the story now that Xot is half-dead. From now on, assume she died at the end of Act 1. I will edit my posts accordingly. Anyone else may do so at their own discretion.

Intermission 2 will take place entirely on the Fuel Depot. Have fun guys.

In my opinion, part of what made Mall Fight so great was that everyone could get together and craft a broad universe through seemingly simple interactions. Sub-plots were made, new characters were introduced, new worlds were explored, and it all comes together in something that kinda makes sense.

While I am happy Knife-28 kept Mall Fight going in Forum Games and even drafted in plenty of new players, his game mostly focused on the basics of fighting. This thread is an attempt to bring the story emphasis in Mall Fight back to the Escapist.

It has also been exactly one year to the day since I first posted in Mall Fight 2. What better way to celebrate than to start with a new story?

This Mall Fight will retain a somewhat structured plot, but players are generally encouraged to do what they want as long as they follow the rules and be respectful of other players.

Have fun everyone!

- RaNDM
[/spoiler]

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
"Get some milk" they said, "It will be fun" they sa- Wait, this isn't Tesco's. I'll just lea- oh. This. Guess I'd better get started. *Pulls out weaponry handbook* I like the sound of a machete, or even maybe a tomahawk. *Grabs two of each and proceeds to chase after SirBryght*

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
"Ladies and gentlemen I am back... The fuck happened here?"

"And where is my M-60?" he says looking around as he grabs a Kukri from a blade store. and heads off towards the food court

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
"Hm, this is new. Never seen something like this. Oh well, guess I need to fight."

I grab a thick cane, some duct tape, and a bowie knife. "Now I have a nice spear." I turn towards miniman, "Have at you, foul demon!!"

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
I try to side-step but the tomahawk nips me in the side. "OW!! That shit hurt! Now I know this shit's real."

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
Good thing I covered the tomahawk in poison while no one was looking. *Pulls out machete* "Who's up for some close quarter combat?"

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
I crawl out of a tent in a camping supplies shop and look around. "Oh, this again."
I grab two walking poles and prepare to defend the Zelterland.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
I awaken in the cleaning department. I grab 5-gallon jugs of bleach and soap and dump them out.

I don't remember going to Costco, do I?

The next thing to do is grab a mop and throw a few dozen hand sponges out onto the bleach and soap soaked ground, good luck not falling on that now. I hide on top of one of the shelves and await my first victim...

Paddy the Second

Apr 9, 2011
I wake up in a liquor store with pockets full of pre-made Molotov cocktails. Nothing to do with the mall fight that's just my natural state. "Well shit." I say, eyeing the carnage before me. I light two and throw them indiscriminately.

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
As I await a challenger, I notice the growing flames behind me. As I run away retreat, I notice a camping supplies shop. "Oh good, maybe I can find some food!" I exclaim, not knowing who lies inside. With one hand grasping my machete, I enter. I then notice Trilby, and attempt to slash him.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
I deflect the slash in an incredibly badass fashion with one pole, and stab Mini in the thigh with the other.

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
As I fall to the floor, I manage to lodge the unused tomahawk into Trilby's chest. Satisfied, I crawl away in search of medical supplies, before I hopefully bleed out.

Paddy the Second

Apr 9, 2011
I saunter casually past the camping shop, lobbing in a Molotov. When I notice two people fighting inside I toss in another for good measure.

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
[sub]FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-[/sub] The fire seems to have caught up to me. Or maybe the starter of the original one, gave birth to another. I crawl into the employees only section, to escape the inferno. While I do this, I retrieve my bloodied tomahawk with Trilby suspiciously gone.

Paddy the Second

Apr 9, 2011
I realise that starting this many fires in close proximity was quite a bad idea. I throw some more Molotovs anyway and run like hell into a sports store down the corridor, I grab a baseball bat and some fencing sabres before dramatically sliding over the counter and preparing to ambush anyone who enters.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
I respawn in a brewery, and get a load of whiskey.
Then I get hella drunk, and go on a rampage.

I charge Zombie and punch him in the side of the head.

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
As I try and find an exit, I - OW! What the fuck? *Notices Trilby standing there, in an extremely drunken state* "Are you fucking kidding me? First I'm stabbed in the leg, then almost set on fire, and you're here to finish me off?" I say as I pull out one of my machetes. I then take a swipe at Trilby who is standing very close.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
I fall backwards, luckily dodging the blade.
I point behind Zombie. "KRAKEN!"

MinimanZombie

Apr 8, 2011
I refuse to look backwards, keeping my sword leveled with Trilby. "Pssh, hah! You really think I would fall for that one?" I then hear a gurgling behind me, which causes me to blindly stab at whatever may be behind me.