Man Accused of Witness Tampering Over Xbox Live

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Man Accused of Witness Tampering Over Xbox Live

A Connecticut man has been charged with witness tampering over Xbox Live, after sending threatening messages to a man scheduled to testify against him.

Anthony Hayward of New Haven, Connecticut, who was on bail after being arrested for drug possession and keeping a stolen gun in his car, has been charged with "tampering with a witness, intimidating a witness and two counts of second-degree harassment" after sending threatening messages via Xbox Live.

Hayward is accused of sending two messages via Xbox Live, saying "I wouldn't laugh 2 much U a dead man walking" and "Rats die slow", to a witness who was scheduled to testify against him. Hayward is currently behind bars again, with his bail set at $50,000.

Let this be a lesson, don't give your gamertag to gun-toting drug addicts, because it may end badly.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178828]

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
That seems pretty tame compared to what most of the pre-pubescent 12 year old say. But still what a jackass he obviously wasn't thinking.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Gotta agree with what everyone else is saying plus I gotta say that it's a million times harder to take you seriously when you threaten someone over the internet. Just pathetic. :p

Apr 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
From what I've heard about Xbox live, that seems almost tame for the threats made.
Oh. It is. Trust me.

Seriously, I know its the internet and all, but some of the things I've seen... just damn.

OT: Well now the man may not even need to testify. Such an obvious threat is sure to pretty much kill any hope he had.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
From what I've heard about Xbox live, that seems almost tame for the threats made.
Yeah, just go into any MW2 match and I am sure you will hear much, much worse.

But, I suppose shows law moving with the times at least

Cyronius

Jul 16, 2009
guess that guy don' play online much or he could have come up with alot better threat then that.. hell i have said worse to people i like then that.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
really?
This is just idiotic.
With the way technology is now, he could threaten someone from his PDA and still get caught.
And now he has even more charges against him.
Way to go.

NJ

Feb 12, 2009
I've been in Modern Warfare 2 pre-game lobbies with people that make his statements look like scribbles by a kindergartener.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
NJ said:
I've been in Modern Warfare 2 pre-game lobbies with people that make his statements look like scribbles by a kindergartener.
The irony in that being the statements in Modern Warfare 2 also come from Kindergarteners.

It's nice to know that we can count on technology to weed out complete morons from society.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
This guy is an idiot. "Oh I know ill threaten a guy who almost put me in prison through xbox live. its not like he would save the messages and go to the police or anything"

Also, these threats are nothing compared to some of the stuff on XBL.

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
The final insult would be the man finally getting out of prison after like five years and going home to find that his xbox live account is banned and now he can't play as his maxed out profile in modern warfare.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I think this guy will be a bit shocked when his new room mate in jail says, "Your mine now.", and he can't block communications.