Man At Arms: Reforged: Asuna's Rapier (Sword Art Online)

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Asuna's Rapier (Sword Art Online)

Every other Monday, our team of blacksmiths and craftsman build some of your favorite weapons, and some weapons that you've never seen before. Anime builds are some of the most fun for the guys, so we decided to take on another: Asuana's Rapier from Sword Art Online!

Watch Video

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
Been on this site for a while and this is the first time I caught this series. Really interesting video and nice work on blades.
Gonna watch some others.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Sorta scummy for them to use parts of SAOAbridged and not credit them(correct me if I missed it), but otherwise another nice build.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Redryhno said:
Sorta scummy for them to use parts of SAOAbridged and not credit them(correct me if I missed it), but otherwise another nice build.

Yeah I noticed that too... there isn't really anything in the structure of the MAA episodes that would allow them to give credit to anyone referenced, the endslate is just a logo, a background and links to two more videos. I wonder if their YT posting of this episode mentions it at all, there's more options for clarifying info there.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
leviadragon99 said:
Redryhno said:

Yeah I noticed that too... there isn't really anything in the structure of the MAA episodes that would allow them to give credit to anyone referenced, the endslate is just a logo, a background and links to two more videos. I wonder if their YT posting of this episode mentions it at all, there's more options for clarifying info there.
Not that I saw, only reason I posted was because I didn't see anything on this posting or their youtube version of it. Thought it might be relevant and it just always being nice to credit anyone that creates something of quality.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
I wish they would do more realistic weapons. I tire of the anime blades and various weapons which can barely be lifted, let alone swung. The Witcher 3 steel and silver swords had me excited, but their builds weren't as consistent with the game as they could have been. One of my overall favorites has to be the Frostmourne build; seeing the construction of the guard - especially the ornamentation really taught me a lot about metalworking. I'd never known how fancy pieces like those were made. Concerning the show in general, it also gives me something I can show my dad. He's been pretty uninterested to hostile concerning video games my whole life, but as an engineer with a background in metallurgy, those videos are of interest to him, though most of the time he's more taken by the shop equipment haha.