Man Attaches Cyborg Camera Implant to His Skull

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I'm sure he is secretly taking pictures of his students during school hours, and just not posting them up on the internet. You know, to see what they're doing when he's not looking.

After a point, if enough people know what this guy's about, a handful of the pictures a month or two down are going to be of people stalking him and making funny faces.

ishist

Jul 6, 2010
Or a few months from now we'll get another article about how someone got upset at having their picture taken without permission and either a)smashes the camera into the guys head or b)sue the crap outta him.

I think it's pointless and ridiculous. This guy needs his ability to communicate with other people revoked lest others begin to screw cameras into their skulls for "art".

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Is is strange to anyone else that Tom has put up all five of the most recent news posts? Is everyone else on break? Either way, props for keeping up, Tom.

Lord_Panzer said:
Wonder how many pictures of his ceiling we're going to see.

*wink wink*
Hundreds, I'm sure. :D

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I guess this man
*puts on sun glasses*
really DOES have eyes in the back of his head

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
"Oh, cool, there's a camera on the back of your head, let me see it."
"AAAARRIGGH!"
"It's not coming off, jeeze, what is this? Superglue?"
"AAGRGH stop it, it's an art project, it's surgically attached back there."
"Oh, stop being melodramatic, I wanna see it."
"AAARGGH!"

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
EllEzDee said:
That is batshit insane. And disgusting.
Why is it disgusting? I think your not seeing this from his viewpoint.

OT: Good for him, I suppose. I can't think of ways this will help anyon though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Attaching a camera to the back of your head for art? I can think of 5 better uses for that camera, starting with helping the blind!

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
Normalgamer said:
EllEzDee said:
That is batshit insane. And disgusting.
Why is it disgusting? I think your not seeing this from his viewpoint.

OT: Good for him, I suppose. I can't think of ways this will help anyon though.
its art, thus it dosent need to.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
*gagging noises*

What an amazingly stupid waste. This isn't going to advance machine/machine-assisted vision at all; this is just a tarted-up webcam hooked up to a 4G digital modem, and could easily have been done without surgical invention by someone with more imagination. The guy's just a really extreme version of a 'cam-whore.

Count me out of the gallery opening, thank you.

-- Steve

Mray3460

Jul 27, 2008
This_ends_now said:
I think it's kind of funny that everyone here supports the extremist nature of transexuals, but when someone wants to put a camera on the back of their head, suddenly he's a crazy son of a *****. Maybe he should have just gotten a vagina surgically attached to his forehead. Seems like most people would have been more accepting of that type of bat shit insanity.
I think most of us aren't condemning the act of attaching tech to one's body in and of itself. Rather, we condemn it because it was done "for the art," rather than as a means to advance technology, or to satisfy a psycho-biological drive (as in the case of Transsexuals (As I understand their motivations...which is very little))

Note: I do not share this opinion, I'm merely explaining it. I myself have a profound opinion of "meh" concerning the whole thing. It's not using more advanced tech, nor does it appear to have many far-reaching repercussions. I just see an artist doing weird stuff, and I don't care.

HandsomeJack

Jul 17, 2009
Faeriian said:
...uh he agreed to turn off the camera when on campus to protect the students? from what? and if they need protection from..the camera? why dont other people need protection from it
Same reason they ban cellphone cameras in healthclub showers. Taking pictures of other people in the showers and posting them online.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
This is really cool, I don't know what more to say other than really cool. Going to extremes for art is pretty damn cool in my books. Good on him. I don't see why so many people are saying he is stupid for this, he can do what he wants to do with himself and it's not hurting anyone, other than that painful procedure he had.