Man Attaches Cyborg Camera Implant to His Skull

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
This_ends_now said:
I think it's kind of funny that everyone here supports the extremist nature of transexuals, but when someone wants to put a camera on the back of their head, suddenly he's a crazy son of a *****. Maybe he should have just gotten a vagina surgically attached to his forehead. Seems like most people would have been more accepting of that type of bat shit insanity.
I like how you "everyone" as if it's fact.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
I wonder, will 4chan rip him to shreds?

But good for him! If it makes him happy, then he should go for it.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
The back of his head: "This better be worth it man, this better be worth it..."

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
A camera? In the back of the HEAD?! O_O

...Ow, that makes me hurt just thinking about it! The guy's got balls!

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Normalgamer said:
EllEzDee said:
That is batshit insane. And disgusting.
Why is it disgusting? I think your not seeing this from his viewpoint.

OT: Good for him, I suppose. I can't think of ways this will help anyon though.
He's had a camera bolted to the back of his skull. I can't understand how that's not disgusting.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
LordOfInsanity said:
Cool. This could be the first step into augmented eyes! Machine eyes for those that can't see!
We already have those. They're just really expensive.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
This'd be so much cooler it it was a video camera and he had a screen in front of one eye to see behind him....and if there were dinosaurs

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
Umm does this mean he can't get an MRI scan of his head? The article mentions that the transdermal implants are made of titanium.

Just checked: turns out titanium isn't magnetic. They obviously were aware of this possible problem.

Neat project though, although it might take some unsavoury pictures at times 0.0

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
I hope the article picture isn't, yknow... the actual thing. Because that's freakin huge, and you can certainly get 5mpx phonecam sensors that are incredibly small...

Slavik_91

May 2, 2009
Why doesn't he just wear a big hat with a camera attached to it and pointing back? fucking retard.

Or just duct tape the thing to the back of your head? I mean jesus...

sovietkitty101

Nov 9, 2009
couldn't he just use a strap or some tape? sounds like he's gone a little too far by actually screwing it into his skull :p

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
It has begun.

EDIT: Oh wait, he can't actually see with it. Too bad.

Although as an art project it's pretty kick ass too.

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
Wasn't as cool as I'd thought it would be, it was actually pretty disgusting.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
He could have just worn a helmet cam, but that'd be too obvious to bystanders and wouldn't work for the premise of the project, it seems
Yes because clearly stitching a camera the size of a small smoke detector to the back of your head is in no way more obvious to bystanders.... >__>

I can tell you right now what's he's going to leave behind with that camera attached to his skull. Tons of people all with "Wtf is on the back of his head?" looks on their face. I don't pretend to understand artists, I just smile and nod when they show me a canvas that looks like it was left in a pre-school classroom during finger-painting hour and tell me its some angsty statement on the human condition.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
NO, bad man, don't do that!

Seriously though, its an experiment, but its going to be two thirds "wall, wall, wall, pillow, pillow, pillow..."

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
I've spent nine weeks in a class that displays "art" similar to this, people who have some kind of "artistic intent" and then use technology to implement the idea and get it showcased in a museum.

It is stupid every time.
I've waited nine-weeks to find anything interesting or worthwhile to come from the class within revolutionizing either art or science or technology. Nothing.

This is like that.