Man-child claims to have bought all the Rosalina Amiibos to spite her fans.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
Zontar said:
KazeAizen said:
SNCommand said:
The fact that people are getting angry because some loser is buying all the toys is hilarious
Its the principle behind it. I hate people like this. Always have always will. "Oh a limited edition PS4 with a paint job resembling the PS1 is going to be made? I'll buy two or three or maybe even just one and flip it for 1000s just because I want to be a dick." Yes, Its not "business" Its just flat being a dick at that point. You've destroyed at least one person's shot at owning something that they would actually use and cherish simply so you could make a quick short term buck, or in this particular case just to spite them. This kind of flipping culture in the game industry is not business, nor will it ever be. Its just people being dicks to be dicks with get rich quick schemes taken straight from Cartman.
It's not just being a dick, it's illegal for just this reason. I hate people like this on principle, mainly because I've lost out on more then a few things I'd like to have bought because of people like that.
Honestly I was think about doing the same thing with the gamecube adapter, buy like 5 of em and get some easy extra cash. Sadly they aren't nearly as rare over here in germany as in america, so I just went "aw well fuck it". I don't really see anything wrong with it honestly, it's not like you're actively scamming people and who doesn't like earning a little extra for no work.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Prince of Ales said:
Guy sounds like a gibbering fanatical hook-wielding hate-preacher. Cool. But what's an "Amiibos"? No idea what that is.
Collectible figurines in the form of Nintendo mascots (Mario, Link, etc.) that store character-related data inside, I guess so people can go over to a friend's house with their Pikachu figurine and play Smash Bros. using their custom Pikachu. How characters are actually player-customized is beyond me, though I guess it works a little like Pokemon. Speaking of which, that sounds like an instant win for Nintendo. Why not do Pokemon amiibos? I bet some people would buy all 649 of them, and then 100 more every few years.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Okay I watched all of that and this guy is like...DSP but even slightly worse. Like holy shit this guy is in his what? 40's and he talks like a homophobic hateful 14 year old.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
RaikuFA said:
KazeAizen said:
Zontar said:
KazeAizen said:
SNCommand said:
The fact that people are getting angry because some loser is buying all the toys is hilarious
Its the principle behind it. I hate people like this. Always have always will. "Oh a limited edition PS4 with a paint job resembling the PS1 is going to be made? I'll buy two or three or maybe even just one and flip it for 1000s just because I want to be a dick." Yes, Its not "business" Its just flat being a dick at that point. You've destroyed at least one person's shot at owning something that they would actually use and cherish simply so you could make a quick short term buck, or in this particular case just to spite them. This kind of flipping culture in the game industry is not business, nor will it ever be. Its just people being dicks to be dicks with get rich quick schemes taken straight from Cartman.
It's not just being a dick, it's illegal for just this reason. I hate people like this on principle, mainly because I've lost out on more then a few things I'd like to have bought because of people like that.
I haven't read if its illegal here in in the U.S. but God I wish it was. At times like these I wish the Justice Lords Philosophy was a real world philosophy. "If you want people to obey the big laws you got enforce the small ones." That might be a bit of an extreme for just a piece of video game plastic and I'm well aware of that. However that particular "these dicks need to burn" cauldron has been bubbling recently and just finally boiled over. If I never get a Rosalina figure I'll at least have one person to blame for it.
Some states it is illegial but only for sports events.
Ah. Scalping tickets. Yeah that would make sense. If that's the case how is it not illegal everywhere in the U.S.? Also clearly it needs to encompass more than just sporting events.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
o_O Is he aware that there is nothing stopping Nintendo from making more of them? Or that this is going to do nothing for the ones that are presumably shipped to retailers? Also you hate the character so you're going to spite her fans? WTF is wrong with you? Also where the hell do you get that much disposable income that you can waste it on pure spite?

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
Wasn't this "news" already debunked. Besides the original thread in reddit there are no more leads and without the concerted efforts of every store selling the damn things how is such thing even possible?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Gatlank said:
Wasn't this "news" already debunked. Besides the original thread in reddit there are no more leads and without the concerted efforts of every store selling the damn things how is such thing even possible?
The guy only bought 100 of them from a single Target in Canada.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
Zontar said:
Gatlank said:
Dont tell me that was the entire stock just for all Canada. :p

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Gatlank said:
Zontar said:
Gatlank said:
Dont tell me that was the entire stock just for all Canada. :p
No, but if he lives in the Maritimes it could have been the whole stock for his province.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
There are only 2 Amiibos that I really wanted.

Little Mac because Punch Out is one of my favorite video games and there is hardly any Punch Out merchandise, so yeah, I would have loved to have gotten a Little Mac figurine for my shelf.

And Wii Fit Trainer because...reasons...plot...whatever people try to say to validate that they find her weirdly sexual :p

Wii Fit Trainer I'm apparently SOL because I guess those are...gone.

But Little Mac I thought I still had a chance with but can't find it anywhere. I guess he's become a bit of a rare one too, his amiibo is already like 40 bucks on Amazon.

What really sucks is I worked at Target over my holiday break, we got price labels for Little Mac and set those up. So if you look at our Amiibo section you'll see a label that's like "Amiibo - Little Mac" but we NEVER got any in stock. Was very sad.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Strain42 said:
There are only 2 Amiibos that I really wanted.

Little Mac because Punch Out is one of my favorite video games and there is hardly any Punch Out merchandise, so yeah, I would have loved to have gotten a Little Mac figurine for my shelf.

And Wii Fit Trainer because...reasons...plot...whatever people try to say to validate that they find her weirdly sexual :p

Wii Fit Trainer I'm apparently SOL because I guess those are...gone.

But Little Mac I thought I still had a chance with but can't find it anywhere. I guess he's become a bit of a rare one too, his amiibo is already like 40 bucks on Amazon.

What really sucks is I worked at Target over my holiday break, we got price labels for Little Mac and set those up. So if you look at our Amiibo section you'll see a label that's like "Amiibo - Little Mac" but we NEVER got any in stock. Was very sad.
Apparently he was discontinued right when he was released.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
o_O Is he aware that there is nothing stopping Nintendo from making more of them? Or that this is going to do nothing for the ones that are presumably shipped to retailers? Also you hate the character so you're going to spite her fans? WTF is wrong with you? Also where the hell do you get that much disposable income that you can waste it on pure spite?
Well with Nintendo discontinuing every one that's made outside of Mario, Link and Pikachu, he's probably hoping it'll happen to this one.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Laggyteabag said:
It is a dick move, sure, but he is well within his right to spend £1000s on toys. I'm sure that Nintendo doesn't really mind.

That being said though, what the hell is his beef with Rosalina?
He doesn't really HAVE any beef with Rosalina - he's just an unusually aggressive old-school fanboy who hates absolutely everything that wasn't in the original games!

vledleR

Nov 3, 2014
RICHIERICAN said:
When I saw the thread title the first thing I thought what did Chris Chan do now!
Well apparently Chris is in jail for assaulting a Gamestop employee.

TOPIC: I couldn't watch the video because my instinct tells me that someone who can't speak a sentence without saying the word "fuck" is not someone worth listening to. In any case,I think Amiibos are stupid, so I don't shed a tear for those missing out on them.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Chester Rabbit said:
Okay I watched all of that and this guy is like...DSP but even slightly worse. Like holy shit this guy is in his what? 40's and he talks like a homophobic hateful 14 year old.
Yeah i watched about 1 minute of this guys latest video. Holy Sh*t.
That's about the information i gathered out of the video:

F***ing F*ck ****** Sh*t ****** I am a TRUE fan f***ing ****** f*ck sh*t hentai f*ck ****** sh*t

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
RICHIERICAN said:
When I saw the thread title the first thing I thought what did Chris Chan do now!
He's too busy pepper spraying Gamestop employees over Sonic's arms being blue.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
TakerFoxx said:
Where does he even get all that money?
And can he send me some of that money? I mean, he seems to have more than enough... And I could certainly use more.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I read the comments about this on another website and someone point this out.

so some jackass took a whole bunch of miniature figurines of a Nintendo character so no one else could have them.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
SNCommand said:
The fact that he's most likely making all this up just to get a stir from Rosalina's salty fanbase is the best part, though.