Man faces jail for handing in a gun.

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
To me, this is just another addition to the long, long, excessively long list of cases where the law is stuck so far up it's own ass it can practically see it's own esophagus.
Seriously, this is the same kind of bullshit as the fatass who tried to sue McDonalds, claiming he "was not informed of the effects it would have on his physique" or the cockbends who tried to sue Microsoft becuase Xbox Live was offline for half an hour.

Still, this one probably takes the cake (and the frosting while we're at it) in terms of retardation.

Set the man free NOW, you pathetically bureaucratic asswipes.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Wonderful some information on the honourable judge Christopher Critchlaw the same man that claimed a convicted child abuser/pedophile was a "good father" and issued the man with a 2 year sentance for assaulting his own daughters, the same man who gave a vicious attacker who repeatedly pummeled a mans face a fine and repealed a 2 year jail sentance. Now hes claiming to take a moral ground? Why the hell does this man still have a job who gave this tit the right to govern a courtroom.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
The UK seems more like the Government from "V for Vendetta" every single fucking day.

Fuck you UK (Legal system, and hooligans) if a man does a good deed, and does everything in his power to help the country he fought for, you SHOULD NOT pull bullshit like that!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 13, 2009
dududf said:
The UK seems more like the Government from "V for Vendetta" every single fucking day.

Fuck you UK (Legal system, and hooligans) if a man does a good deed, and does everything in his power to help the country he fought for, you SHOULD NOT pull bullshit like that!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
This reminds me of some immature kids at middle school.

*Some kid throws food at you*
"Haha! It's yours now, douchebag!"

*Sigh*
I wonder what would happen if the police found it. I guess they'd be afraid to so much as touch it.

gerrymander61

Sep 28, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The funniest part is how all the British retards on this forum make fun of gun laws in the USA. It makes me tingly inside.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
This isn't something new. Whether people be sewing the people they are robbing because they got hurt in the house they are trespassing in or someone being punished for a civic duty. The shotgun had cartridges in it, what if someone else had found it and used it to hurt passerby's? Basically, what this is saying is we can frame anyone we want just by putting a firearm in their pocket? Awesome, I am taking a vacation.

orangebandguy said:
Only in Britain.

Seems typical enough to me.
Not only in Britain. A few years ago a teenager (I want to say 16-17) was hunting before school. When he got to school he realized that he still had his pistol. He turned it into the office immediately (because he didn't have time to go home) and was promptly arrested and expelled from school. (a little different circumstances yes but still).

Justice Shades

Jul 30, 2009
This is a prime example of why we need to reform the British legal system, which has its priorities completely screwed up. In some areas the law is far too lenient, while in others, like this, it acts as though it loathes law-abiding citizens with good intentions. I should be surprised, but I'm just not.

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
What a load of fucking bullshit. Shit like this makes me lose my faith in humanity.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
And can we not turn this into a UK legal system issue or do I need to pull all the stupid American/Canadian courtroom decisions out and there is alot, its an issue with the judge who has a long, long track record of terrible decisions those three I listed were barley scratching the surface.

The man needs to be impeached from his position his ethical viewpoint is beyond questionable.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
So, let's think. He found it lying on the ground and didn't want anyone to get hurt so he decided to bring it into the police station. Knowing that they might thing misinterpret a man with a gun walking into a police station, he called in and told them his explanation. He took it in and faced it towards the wall as to not alarm anyone. And they still arrested him. Makes perfect sense to me.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
sov68n said:
Obrien Xp said:
I can see why there arresting him, its written down in black and white, ofc, I think he should get off on minimal charges.
The segregation laws were written down in black and white as well, do you also believe the African Americans of the civil rights movement deserved to be arrested?

Just because something is a law does not mean it is just or applies to all situations. This is clearly a case where the man should not face any charges.
If the protesters were American Citizens then they were under the protection of the constitution and the Bill of Rights, there's something in there that gives the right to protest. Therefore the arresting of protesters would be illegal.

He shouldn't face any charges but, I'm going to make the assumption that the person on the phone told him not to pick it up. If they didn't tell him then I withdraw my original statement.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
I thought this was was judges and courts are for: To prevent people going to jail over a stupid oversight when writing the law.