Man kills robber. Community divided.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
WEll i don't know exactly if race was involved but that guyseems like a hero to me

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
He had every right to fire as much as he did. What if he stopped to see the results of the first shot, and the robber used the chance to return fire?
As for trying to treat his wounds? Was the security guard a medical professional?

How anyone can try to incriminate somebody who saved not only the lives of the other customers, but the livelihood of the shop owner.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Cheveyo said:
Sonicron said:
Eukaryote said:
Sonicron said:
Eukaryote said:
He was wearing a ski mask and had a shotgun, which was justification enough for preventative actions in my books.
What he said.

Oh, and anyone who'd try making a racial issue out of this needs to get their head on straight. It was an armed robbery, for crying out loud! These folks were being threatened by perps with shotguns! If I'd been able to defend myself in this way it's not unlikely I would have done the same, with not even a single thought as to the skin color of the robber or anyone else around me.
In fact, I would have loaded the entire clip in to the thief, just to make sure he ain't going anywhere.
I don't know how many rounds I would unload, I've never been in a scenario like this and as such have difficulty predicting how I would act.
Well, if you're not trained for it chances are you WILL unload the entire clip. That's just what people tend to do in stressful situations.
Well, if he's trained anything like the police he is taught 'shoot at the torso' and 'till they drop' (but not continuous) as in keep shooting until they hit the ground.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I cringed a bit when I read the shotgun was unloaded in another article on the site. The shooter had no way to know that of course.

It also mentioned they found a .40 slug inside the shotgun's barrel.

I'm thinking; had the other guy been loaded- they might have cut each other down, or the 2nd gunman may have gotten a shot off.

Shooter is lucky, bystanders are lucky. Especially since two of the shots were to the robber's left hand and arm. Either the shooter was sloppy or he watches too many movies.

Wish I could see security cam footage.

Either way, the guy felt he did what he had to do and he was justified in doing so. Looking at the facts though, this could have been much worse.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
I think what he did was right. Had he not intervened then the three robbers would have simply gotten away without having learned a lesson.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
If the guard hadn't had his weapon concealed, the robbers may have noticed it and the situation could have ended a lot differently. Who knows.

Either way, if you're going to try armed robbery, you deserve every bullet you get.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
wtf.....the guy shoot a armed robber and saved properly others, why does he have to be charged and why does the community be so stupid?!

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Mechsoap said:
wtf.....the guy shoot a armed robber and saved properly others, why does he have to be charged and why does the community be so stupid?!
The people upset about it are a much MUCH smaller group than those who praise his actions or are indifferent.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
ace_of_something said:
Mechsoap said:
The people upset about it are a much MUCH smaller group than those who praise his actions or are indifferent.
then there is hope for humanity

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
While I have mixed feelings over the whole "you can carry a gun if you have a permit" thing (unless I got that completely backwards, I don't live in the US), I think he did the right thing, and I'd like to think that I'd do the same, were I capable.

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
Whelp, he shouldn't have been concealing the weapon but was right in firing at the robbers.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
The guy should be taken up on charges of carrying without a concealed weapons permit, then have the fee dropped because of services rendered tot he community. That guy did the right thing, those retards decided to risk their lives when they committed armed robbery. As for people who this this is a race issue, please just go crawl into whatever damn hole you came out of and leave the world alone, no one likes you.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
How is this not cut and dry? A guy killed a robber who was pointing a sawn off shotgun at people. What's the problem?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Umm.. Yeah.. pretty much right on the money with this one... shouldn't have carried a concealed weapon if he didn't have a permit for that.. other then that.. yeah..

Kill the little fuckers if they are waving a sawed off shotgun at people.. "excessive times" would require reloading and/or firing at a downed combatant.. the kid was able to flee the store, so it wasn't excessive.

Award the guy, fine him for the misdemeanor, and let him continue his life. Let the parents of the kid scream and hollar, but in the end, the kid was threatenning innocent people with an illegal weapon, and attempting to rob a store.. dangerous situation altogether..

as for race.. come on.. seriously? Just because a white (ex) Guard kills a black criminal doesn't make it a racially motivated crime.. That's just retarded, and playing the race card here invalidates other more appropriate racial issues... Sort of like the boy who cried Racist.. Eventually, we get jaded and stop listening, and real racists get away with it.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I agree that the man shouldn't get in trouble for this. He was defending people from something lethal. Cops on campus told us to ALWAYS assume guns are loaded when robberies are occuring, so he won't get in trouble for that. For concealed weapons though, he may get charged.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Altorin said:
as for race.. come on.. seriously? Just because a white (ex) Guard kills a black criminal doesn't make it a racially motivated crime.. That's just retarded, and playing the race card here invalidates other more appropriate racial issues... Sort of like the boy who cried Racist.. Eventually, we get jaded and stop listening, and real racists get away with it.
What I have noticed is the race card is played almost any time a white does something a minority doesn't like and it's been used enough that most people don't even pay attention anymore.