Man Loses Finger in iPad Robbery

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Lauren Admire said:
" I hope you understand what you have done to me and to my family's life - for a simple piece of apparatus that is junk."
Fixed.

But yeah, that sucks. At least look at the bright side, they didn't kill him, and it is only a pinky.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
The appropriate Rambo thing to do there is then grab the thief by the neck and make them choke on your blood while you "restrain" them for the cops.

Bonus points if you have a blood borne pathogen.

Still, its to be expected. Never mind that apple products are shit, its actually worse than running around with jewelry that's easily taken off someone's person- jewelry values vary wildly. It's pretty set in stone what a still-in-box Ipad is worth.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
iPads are pretty hardcore tech right now. Still, there's a difference between being a technophile and a craven psychopath.

Although, it's unlikely they were filching the iPad as a fan who really, really wanted an iPad. More likely they were stealing it to pitch it on eBay for drug money.

Also: if you're going to coil your purchase around a finger to make it difficult to steal, that finger probably shouldn't be your pinky.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
I actually thought this was going to have something to do with the razor sharp edges all current gen. Apple products have! I've cut myself before on my iMac.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
What kind of bag handle can tear skin? It obviously wasn't a plastic bag, that stuff'd break way before anyone's finger got amputated.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Well, he was already 59, so I guess it would really be possible to have his finger ripped inside out due to the consistency of his skin at that age. Anyhow.... I would rather wait for the more improved version of that gadget...

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Quadtrix said:
First rule of being an American: keep a gun with you at all times.
This^. Choosing not to carry won't stop them from carrying, assuming it is legal where you live there is no reason not to.

I support gay marriage, clean energy, legalizing marijuana, forms of gun control that disarm felons, and many other liberal things, but I adamantly support the right of law abiding citizens to own and carry firearms. Conservative aren't always wrong. And if some of you think that gun ownership is stupid, try reading this paper. It is 20 years old but still relevant today.

http://www.guncite.com/journals/gun_control_katesreal.html

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Mortons4ck said:
SgtWaffles said:
Quadtrix said:
First rule of being an American: keep a gun with you at all times.
But what if you are in Canada?
Politely ask if they'll give it back.
Or sic a beaver on them. Worse than a gun.

.. I want to call out the "tightly secured around his pinkie" portion, but! An iPad? REALLY? We need more Mac haters, clearly. Look at what sublimital messaging causes people to do for them! Sigh.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I guess Yahtzee was somewhat right, I*insert smuggary* Is becoming more valuable than a humans life

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
wow, poor man, i hope karma bites the thieves on the ass so hard that their ass's fall off.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
While its sad that he lost an appendage its lucky it wasn't his index finger, because you know, thats the one you need to work the iPad he doesn't have anymore.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I think it begs the question: What was he doing while they were tugging on his bag?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
LeonLethality said:
Wow, that's awful.
I sure hope those thieves get what's coming to them.
Yeah, a brand, spanking new iPad!

Seriously though, what a low-life. If I was there and saw it, I would've chased the bastard down. Well, tried at least. Was this guy on an empty street or something? Didn't anyone at least see?