Man Makes Awesome BioShock Sculpture With Chainsaw

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Man Makes Awesome BioShock Sculpture With Chainsaw

What's the only thing cooler than a life-size statue of a BioShock [http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-Playstation-3/dp/B001B1W3GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279056912&sr=1-1] Big Daddy? A life-size statue of a BioShock Big Daddy carved entirely with a chainsaw.

For all the chainsaw has a home in the psychology of gamers, it occupies a decidedly different place in our minds than it does in real life. In real life, chainsaws are best used to cut wood - in games, we use them to slaughter enemies (usually zombies) en masse. Nor do we ever consider the chainsaw to be any sort of finesse tool whatsoever - a delicate touch? Are you kidding me? Who can worry about that sort of thing when you're surrounded by the undead?

Enter Jason-san [http://www.youtube.com/user/Thejeisonsan], a (presumably Japanese) man whose hobby is dressing up in a hockey mask and taking a chainsaw - not to hapless teens at a summer camp, but to big chunks of wood. The man is a veritable artisan with his rotating blade, as seen in the sheer detail of this amazing Big Daddy sculpture in the video above.

The entire video is worth a watch from start to finish, if only to see how whole tree trunks gradually take shape into a slightly more recognizable figure. From there, the detail just piles up and piles up until it really looks fantastic at the end. If I have to pick someone to come with me to survive the zombie apocalypse, now I know who my first choice is!

(Via GamesRadar [http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/bioshock-2/news/big-daddy-sculpture-carved-with-chainsaw/a-2010022615118793055/g-2008101692348683065] - thanks, Simalacrum!)

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Damn, I saw that yesterday in IRC... He seems rather scary with that outfit...
I wouldn't like to meet him if he were wearing it...
But anyway, he does have quite some talent. the end result is rather good.
Still, after seeing him make it, I feel uneasy...

Sentient6

Nov 26, 2009
Holy fucking shit, I'm glad Escapist don't censor profanities... Someone needs to create an official "The most AWESOME man ever born" crown, out of solid awesomeness, and immediately award it to this guy. Fucking hell, that was amazing....

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
That is truly fantastic. Alot of skill to do somthing like that I bet. Kudos Jason-san!

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I wish one of those would come with the game's special editions.

That was amazing. I wasn't sure what to think of it until he used the blow torch. Then all I could do was stare, mouth wide open in amazement.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
This is it. We only have one choice left. Give that man an internet. Now.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm blown away by how the sped up process was starting to make me believe that Wood has the same Sculpting qualities as clay.

It didn't seem like carving or cutting, it honestly looked like it was being molded into shape.

I also though at first that was ruining it with the blow torch, but after seeing it all at the end I didn't think it'd look so good.

Awesome doesn't cut it.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Blast it all, YouTube is telling me an error occurred and to try again later when I go to actually watch this video. Oh well, I have a pretty good mental impression of how cool it must be from the comments in this thread.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Oh no! He is murdering trees! Sick bastard is taking them apart, maiming them with a chainsaw.

I can't watch.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Macksheath said:
sephiroth1991 said:
In the million years when they dig that up they be like "What The Fuck!"
"And, Squeeg children of Rigel Kentarus, archeologists on the extinct planet of "E-arth" have found this amazing discovery, proving that the people of this ancient world were once tribal, worshipping strange figurines and compact disks..."

Dear Lord, that mans legacy is sealed.
'the strange creatures of this world left a series of unintelligable scribblings on the effigy, presumably the creators name. can any of you tell me what they called that occupation, children?'

(one raises a tentacle)

'a gigantic tosser, miss.'

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
The guy just created a Big Daddy out of a tree then made it better with fire. He is awesome!