Man! Nothing's coming out!

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
You ever get those months where it seems like nothing's being released? We're having one in Australia at the moment it seems, and what's worse, is that Rock Band doesn't hit until August. I know.

It's even worse than that because come October onward, we're going to get a rush of just crazy-good games coming out.

So, my question is this. What do you do during the season known as 'el lama'? Do you spend your money on games you kinda only care about or do you save your dosh until the big releases later in the year?

Of course, I could always you know...finish Halo 3.

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
I just dip into my collection. There's plenty there to keep me occupied for a couple of months until the festive season starts to hit and the better games all get released.

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
Fow me it's catch up time, a chance to play all the games I may have missed first time round.

LackingSaint

Apr 23, 2008
I think during all this free time usually filled by gaming, i'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna tell a lie, or hurt you.

Moon-Goose

Jun 5, 2008
This is why you should find a game you like, and stick with it, not trading it in or selling it for in-store credit, just keep it.

This is what I have with GTA4 :D Its one of thoose games that can be played constantly over a very long period of time, it will easily see you through a few months with out new games. Plus its a pretty long game anyway, I still havent completed it, but the failing of several missions, several times diddnt help much though.

Finally after waiting a few months, Gears Of War 2 comes out and everyone is happy again!

Nettacki

Feb 25, 2008
This would be a good time to look through some games that you've neglected to play for a while because you were too busy with others (I'm looking at you, Timesplitters: Future Perfect!)

Clairabel

May 28, 2008
Well, I am taking this time to complete many games I haven't ever completed. Pokemon Pearl, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy 9. Maybe even try to play FF12. Because I've had it for 4 months and haven't even attempted playing it...

Nov 28, 2007
Meh, I'm just working on FFVII, as I never managed to beat it. I'd get to the 3rd disc, get distracted by another game, and by the time I remember FFVII, I'd forget what the hell I was doing.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
What I do is read books or go outside.
I Agree. Besides, while games lack in new arrivals on occasion, there are plenty of new books coming out all the time. You can never honestly lose with books, or the outside, or both. Both is good.

But aside from that, I'm never bored with games due to what a good part of everyone else has been saying: older games exist that I have either never beaten or never touched before. Best of all, some of these games are in the cheap bin at the local game store. And if there are no such games or I don't feel like wasting my money: Books! The library is full of them, for free rental at that.

Leorex

Jun 4, 2008
i stare at my xbox dash board thinking about the fact that the designers put a button to turn on the console, yet i still have to get up to put in a disk.

and so i sit wondering if viva pinata or gh3 is really worth the effort.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Leorex said:
i stare at my xbox dash board thinking about the fact that the designers put a button to turn on the console, yet i still have to get up to put in a disk.
To my personal shame, there have been times when I've been too lazy to get up and put a new disc in, and resorted to downloaded titles rather than play the disc in the tray. The next step is to just get too lazy to bother breathing...

My game-buying habits render me mostly immune to release-droughts, as I tend to buy only a few titles per year and play them repeatedly. When that palls, well, that's a cue to go do something other than stare at the flickering box of light.

-- Steve

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Ninja Gaiden 2 is out this weekend, and Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out next weekend, and you say "nothings coming out"? You, sir, are crazy. Probably comes from all that unnatural sunshine nonsense you have in Australia.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
During those times I would play all the games I left unfinished or play back on some games since I feel I need to get 100% completion on it. Or I would actually go outside for a change. I wouldn't spend on money I'm only slightly interested in. I rather save all my money and just spend them uncontrollably when everything comes.